PDA

View Full Version : Speed Dragon Training

Ravendarksky
February 9th, 2011, 14:10
Hi,

I searched the forum but couldn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd share. Sorry if it's common knowledge.

Any level where you can get two dragons can be won very quickly. I've used this tactic to kill people in vs play too, although it is very cheap.

Simply possess one of your dragons and flame another dragon until you are level 2. Then select your other dragon and do the same. You can now go back to your first dragon and heal and then flame your second dragon until you are level 3. Keep healing and swapping dragons and you can have 2 level 10 dragons in next to no time.

By now you should have speed creature researched... Dig to the enemies dungeon heart and speed one dragon and rush their dungeon heart. if you get low on health take your dragon home and use the second one.

Great to find a dungeon keeper Online community... I was just searching for some maps after reinstalling dungeon keeper gold yesterday!

Airandius
February 9th, 2011, 14:54
This should be fixed in KeeperFX now that the flaming spell has a cooldown for possessed dragons as well.
I did not knew people still played the 'inferior' unmodified Dungeon Keeper.

DragonsLover
February 9th, 2011, 18:53
This couldn't happen anymore (at least, in my patch) : Flame Breath now requires that you click repeatedly instead of holding down the LMB. However, due to the fact that it doesn't cause much damage, attacking with Flame Breath won't be as slow as the Melee attack speed. Otherwise, destroying a door like in one of the bonus levels would just take too much time.

Metal Gear Rex
February 9th, 2011, 21:11
It is a very cheap trick, and that is why I no longer use it. I used to use it when I was younger, but I stopped abusing tricks like that. I wouldn't use that trick on other Players if I were you, or you may find it that no one wants to play anymore.

Ravendarksky
February 10th, 2011, 08:17
Haha yeah,

I've not played dungeon keeper since I was 14. Just reinstalled it two days ago and am playing through the campaign. Trying to do all the levels from start to finish without saving or using any cheap tricks.

Here is my list of things I'm refusing to do:

- Wall off my whole dungeon to prevent attacks
- Use boulder traps
- Use spells to kill all the enemies/imps
- Win via scavenger room
- Speed training through possession
- Save Midlevel, unless I have to turn off my computer
- Throwing away creatures... I'm using what I get.
- Refusing to win just using high end creatures. So not creating lots of horned reapers or having lots of samurai and dark mistresses.

I will have to look into this Keeper FX thing you speak of :)

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2011, 08:38
I've not played dungeon keeper since I was 14. Just reinstalled it two days ago and am playing through the campaign. Trying to do all the levels from start to finish without saving or using any cheap tricks.

Try Deeper Dungeons, it should really give you a challange :P

- Use boulder traps

I only use Boulder Traps once in a while, but I don't spam them. I use them very defensively, like for example I'll put just 1 near by Dungeon Heart, and only in certain conditions. (I put the Boulder Trap behind a locked door to prevent it from being triggered when I don't want it to be)

Thing is, I play so well I usually don't end up relying on Traps of any kind XP

- Win via scavenger room

The funniest thing is that I will build a Scavanger Room, but I will never use it. Ever. The only time I end up using it is if I feel like making a monster sized army. (Like 200)

- Save Midlevel, unless I have to turn off my computer

I only do that in case the game crashes or something. I never play the perfectionsist. Whatever happens, happens.

- Throwing away creatures... I'm using what I get.

I like training Beetles too.

- Refusing to win just using high end creatures. So not creating lots of horned reapers or having lots of samurai and dark mistresses.

I don't think I summoned a Horned Reaper in a long time, and even if I did, I would only use him as a last resort. I never create more than one. I keep my powerful creatures to low numbers, like 1-3. I don't want more than 2 Dark Mistresses, makes things too easy. They're too useful in battle. They're like Horned Reapers, only ranged, sexier, and they don't rampage when I slap them.

Also, you should remember not to abuse the Prison, Graveyard, and Torture Chamber too. :P

Ravendarksky
February 10th, 2011, 14:14
Hey thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to move onto the deeper dungeons stuff once I've finished with Dungeon keeper. Then my plan is to play through all the fan made levels I can find... Are there any reviews of fan made maps? I might upload some as I play through them if not.....

My ultimate goal is to make some maps of my own...

I don't think capturing and torturing the enemies is cheap... if they lose a battle to me and my imps manage to capture the bodies then they deserve to be mine!

I'm going to try and avoid imp stealing or creature luring though.

I never use vampires, as they take ages to train and cost a lot at payday. Plus mine always seem to get angry, and you can't see what you are doing when you possess them haha (from memory)

Airandius
February 10th, 2011, 16:10
I have a simple tactic for dealing with most Deeper Dungeon maps. :P
It works against regular computer keepers as well.

Just get lava traps and place one lava trap surrounded by guard posts. Just dig towards the enemy and bam he can't reach you.
After that I slowly take control of his dungeon using imps with speed + invisibility. I target hatcheries and treasuries the most. Usually his monsters go on a rampage and kill each other.
After that it's a piece of cake.

EDIT: Vampires are extremely strong. I think that only the Horned Reaper is stronger. (Because Vampires don't die, instead they lose a level and go back to their lair. Imo all undead should be like that.)

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2011, 17:49

Just get lava traps and place one lava trap surrounded by guard posts. Just dig towards the enemy and bam he can't reach you.
After that I slowly take control of his dungeon using imps with speed + invisibility. I target hatcheries and treasuries the most. Usually his monsters go on a rampage and kill each other.

Sounds like quite the cheap strategy. :/

DragonsLover
February 11th, 2011, 03:58

EDIT: Vampires are extremely strong. I think that only the Horned Reaper is stronger. (Because Vampires don't die, instead they lose a level and go back to their lair. Imo all undead should be like that.)

In my unofficial patch, I have checked this carefully for not happening. There's only one level, though, where I couldn't bring changes for the avoidance because it would somewhat be complicated, and it's Korros-Tor. But for the rest of the levels, I have either remove the lava trap or make sure heroes and enemy keepers could never meet themselves. Otherwise, most of them are really easy once you figure out what to do. You could even being not involved in any battles. Check this site (http://dk.youfailit.net/) and the Deeper Dungeons Strategy Guide to understand what I mean, especially for Pladitz and Svatona levels.

And all undead creatures should resurrect? NO WAY! Vampires are harder to get than Skeletons and Ghosts. They cost 10 corpses, where Skeletons and Ghosts only need one. Having over 60 Skeletons resurrecting in battle when they're already hard to kill when grouped together, no thanks. For Ghosts, however, this may be something doable since they're somewhat weaker.

Metal Gear Rex
February 11th, 2011, 04:42
And all undead creatures should resurrect? NO WAY! Vampires are harder to get than Skeletons and Ghosts. They cost 10 corpses, where Skeletons and Ghosts only need one. Having over 60 Skeletons resurrecting in battle when they're already hard to kill when grouped together, no thanks. For Ghosts, however, this may be something doable since they're somewhat weaker.

I could agree with that. Ghosts also take a long time to train. It would be some high level like level 6 or level 8.

Ravendarksky
February 11th, 2011, 14:50
Yeah, I think ghosts and vamps should be resurrected... but at lower levels. They should only ever be resurrected to lvl 5 though. Lvl 9 to 8 is not much of a drop for vampires.

The guardpost/lava trap is cheap... but not as cheap as using the same thing to actually trap the enemy creatures in lava then kill them with ranged units....