PDA

View Full Version : Issue with World Map

Polantaris
February 13th, 2011, 01:12
I recently started playing KeeperFX, and I've run into some weird issue with the map when choosing a level.

NOTE: Ignore the coloration, I don't know why the screenshot came out like that
http://i51.tinypic.com/2nhntbk.png

Anyone know what's up with that? Once again, it's not the coloration I'm having an issue with, it's the weird part of the window on the top of the viewable area. It makes it insanely difficult to read some of the maps or even where they are.

Speaking of the coloration, there's an issue that does deal with it: It's not a big deal, however when the game first starts up and it shows the DK splash screen and then the KeeperFX Splash screen, both are in that coloration issue. I'm not exactly sure why that happens, but once I get to the Main Menu it's gone so I dunno.

Any help with the World Map thing would be great.

Airandius
February 13th, 2011, 01:31
I really can't help you with both a vague picture and a vague description of the problem.
As for the colour issue, it has something to do with the colour depth, perhaps you card does not support it or you have the wrong settings in the cfg.

Polantaris
February 13th, 2011, 02:46
That color issue only appears those two menus. It makes no sense, if there was no support for the color depth or the settings were wrong, it would be universal throughout the game. I originally had a problem with the Movie's resolution, and that's been fixed through the config.

I don't exactly know what else I can give for information in reference to the map issue. I gave a picture, the best I could because I couldn't get a screenshot without the weird color crap. It still clearly shows the issue. All the Green is the frontground image on the world map, kinda looks like you're looking through a window or something, I don't remember exactly. That image is randomly stretched all over the screen like that. How much more information can I possibly give?

mefistotelis
February 13th, 2011, 16:58
KeeperFX has an build-in screenshot function, which should always preserve colors. Are you sure you've read the readme?

As for me, this screenshot doesn't say much. you should also paste a log file from startup sequence, or at least write which version you're using.