PDA

View Full Version : How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

DragonsLover
February 15th, 2011, 01:15
Okay, after some tests, I have managed to find all the necessary files the level editor needs. It's not supposed to crash. If it does, please tell me.

To get the Official Level Editor to work along with KeeperFX, you must create a separate folder that contains the level editor and all the files needed for it to work. Before we start, ensure that you have the followings:

The "Editor.exe" executable from the Dungeon Keeper Gold CD. If you don't have it, take this one which fixes a minor textual mistake: 968
The files "GUIEDIT.TAB" and "GUIEDIT.DAT" from the Dungeon Keeper Gold CD. If you don't have it: 967
The new "edittext.dat" file that avoids fast scrolling texts : 677
The new empty levels .LOF and .LIF files : 678
The original Dungeon Keeper game.

http://keeperklan.com/images/icons/icon4.gif Before starting, it is important that you DON'T use the editor along with KeeperFX data. You must use the data of the original game in order to make the editor working properly. If you follow these instructions correctly below, you shouldn't have any problems. Otherwise, ask for help.

Step 1: Create a folder named "Editor" (without quotes).

Step 2: Inside that folder place the "Editor.exe" file and create the 3 following folders (names are important):

levels
save
soundStep 3: From the original game, add these files in the "Editor" folder:

Keeper.cfg
Mss32.dll
SmackW32.dll
WSnd7R.dll
Step 4: Edit the "Keeper.cfg" file using Notepad and ensure that the following lines are inside:

INSTALL_PATH=.\
INSTALL_TYPE=MAX
LANGUAGE=ENG
Step 5: Copy the "data" folder from the original game and paste it into the "Editor" folder. If you take the folder from the CD of the game, do not select any language folders inside the "data" folder or delete them after you do the copy.

Step 6: Copy or extract the "GUIEDIT.DAT" and "GUIEDIT.TAB" files inside the "data" folder and extract the "edittext.rar" file there as well.

Step 7: Delete the following files inside the "Data" folder as they're unnecessary. You can don't bother with them and keep them if you wish. It will just take useless disk space:

ALPHA.DAT
ALPHA.TAB
BLOCK.TAB
BLUEPALL.DAT
BORD0-0.DAT
BORD0-0.TAB
BORD0-1.DAT
BORD0-1.TAB
CREAT1.TAB
CRET0000.DAT
DP_PREFS
FONT0-0.DAT
FONT0-0.TAB
FONT0-1.DAT
FONT0-1.TAB
FRAC**.DAT
FRAME*-*.DAT
FRAME*-*.TAB
FRONTEND.PAL
FRONTEND.RAW
GMAPBUG.DAT
GMAPBUG.TAB
HBUY0-0.DAT
HBUY0-0.TAB
HBUYSCRN.DAT
HITPALL.DAT
HUESHADE.TAB
ICONS*-*.DAT
ICONS*-*.TAB
KSEFFECT.JTY
LOFONT.DAT
LOFONT.TAB
MAIN.PAL
MAP00000.ANM
MAP00000.CUB
MENUBLK1.DAT
MENUBLK1.TAB
POINTERS.DAT
POINTERS.TAB
PORT*-*.DAT
PORT*-*.TAB
ROOM*-*.DAT
ROOM*-*.TAB
SHADE.TAB
SLABS.OBJ
STAT0-0.DAT
STAT0-0.TAB
STATE.RST
SWIPE1.DAT
SWIPE1.TAB
TICON0-0.DAT
TICON0-0.TAB
Step 8: Copy the "LData" folder from the original game and paste it into the "Editor" folder.

Step 9: Delete the following files inside the "LData" folder as they're unnecessary. You can don't bother with them and keep them if you wish. It will just take useless disk space:

DKMAP**.PAL
DKMAP**.RAW
DKWIND**.DAT (excepted DKWIND00.DAT, keep this one)
DKWIND00.LBM
DKWIND17.RAW
DOOR**.DAT
DOOR**.TAB
DRAG.SMK
DTORTURE.FLC
EMPTY
FRONT.PAL
LEVELS.TXT
TORTURE.DAT
TORTURE.FLC
TORTURE.PAL
TORTURE.RAW
Step 10: Extract the "emptylvls.rar" file inside the "levels" folder.

Step 11: Copy the following files inside the "sound" folder:

ATMOS1.SBK
ATMOS2.SBK
BULLFROG.SBK
SOUND.DAT
SPEECH.DAT
Step 12: Finally, right-click on the "Editor.exe" file and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab and check the following options:

Run in 256 colours.
Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution.
Disable visual themes.
Disable desktop composition.
Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Click "Apply", then "OK".

Congratulations! The installation of the editor is done! Now, you can start creating levels by launching "Editor.exe". If, for some reason, the editor doesn't want to launch, try setting the compatibility to Windows 98SE and also try running the editor as an administrator.

If you wanna edit existing levels, you must copy them from the KeeperFX "levels" folder and paste them into the "levels" folder in your "Editor" folder. Then, either create a .LIF file along with your level to identify it and make it editable in the level editor (see editor's manual for more informations) or edit the .LOF file using Notepad to include it. You're free to include any levels you want. Once you're done, copy the levels back to KeeperFX.

http://keeperklan.com/images/icons/icon4.gif However, beware: ensure that .LIF and .LOF files do not share the same level numbers inside or a crash may occur in the level editor.

Note that there's no speed limit to the level editor, making it running extremely fast.
- DO NOT zoom in and out or you may be stuck with a maximum zoom and a minimum zoom. If you do the mistake, save your work and restart the level editor.
- Use the map and the mini-map to move around your map. Avoid the edges of the screen and arrow keys as often as possible.
- You can rotate, but press slightly on the key. Anyway, it's not really necessary. Use the plan.
- When you wanna save or load a level, do not click on the arrow buttons to scroll the level list. Click on the round button instead and use the mouse to scroll it.
- If the colors become messed up suddenly, save your work and restart the editor.

I don't think there are others things to mention. I'll edit my post if I find something. If you have any problems, just post below.

Have fun editing!

TomtheTall
November 8th, 2013, 22:01
Thanks for the very thorough instructions :) Unfortunately I cannot seem to get the editor functioning with KeeperFX. It complained first of a missing DLL (which I have now rectified), but now when I launch the editor the screen flickers into a different resolution for a few seconds and then quits back to desktop. I was unable to locate the "emptylvls" rar file anywhere, could this be causing issues? It should probably also be noted I am running from a downloaded ISO file, as my original DK CD is missing presumed dead. I'm running a Lenovo laptop with Windows 7 and i3 processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

DragonsLover
November 13th, 2013, 00:01
Which .dll file was missing? In step 3, these .dll files are supposed to be sufficient but it seems not.
For the emptylvls.rar file, follow step 10. The download link should still work. If no lists are specified, then you may get an empty level list when you select "Load".
It doesn't matter if you have a .ISO or real CD. You must simply ensure that all needed files are together in their correct folders on your hard drive. In fact, the editor should work without the CD.
Make sure you use the original Dungeon Keeper data and NOT the KeeperFX data.
Try to run the editor as an administrator.

TomtheTall
November 16th, 2013, 15:39
D'oh, I completely missed the download link for the emptylvls file. Just retried the process from the top and it works fine now. Many, many thanks for this - would never have figured it out myself!

darkkingkongman
March 9th, 2014, 12:33
where can I find the configuration file on the original dungeon keeper cd. I've tried looking for it and it's not there. Please, help.

darkkingkongman
March 9th, 2014, 19:21
I followed your instructions but when I go to run the editor. the screen goes black for about a second then goes back to the desktop.

DragonsLover
March 10th, 2014, 13:39
where can I find the configuration file on the original dungeon keeper cd. I've tried looking for it and it's not there. Please, help.

You can find it in the directory where the original Dungeon Keeper is installed. If you don't have Dungeon Keeper installed, then create a new .txt file, put the lines as stated in step 4, save and rename the .txt file to Keeper.cfg. Then put it in the same folder where Editor.exe is.

I followed your instructions but when I go to run the editor. the screen goes black for about a second then goes back to the desktop.

What's your OS? If you have followed everything correctly, it "should" work, but it may happens that your computer won't be able to run it. Did you try the compatibility mode and stuff in step 12?

darkkingkongman
March 10th, 2014, 14:29
yes I even checked compatibility mode. I have a windows 7 64 bit operating system.

darkkingkongman
March 10th, 2014, 14:46
okay it nearly worked this time. but it just loads up the horned reaper screen and then brings up the disc loading screen with a white question mark on it.

darkkingkongman
March 11th, 2014, 15:00
I've done everything correctly what have I done wrong?

YourMaster
March 11th, 2014, 23:32
The disk with the question mark is a sign it expects the disk in the drive and doesn't find it. So either put in the disk, or make sure that keeper.cfg directs to the drive with the dungeon keeper files.

DragonsLover
March 11th, 2014, 23:43
okay it nearly worked this time. but it just loads up the horned reaper screen and then brings up the disc loading screen with a white question mark on it.
I've done everything correctly what have I done wrong?

The disc screen with a question mark means that the editor doesn't find the necessary data files pointed with your INSTALL_PATH= line in the Keeper.cfg file. Do you correctly have all the needed files as specified in the steps above? You should have the data folder, the ldata folder, the levels folder, the sound folder and the save folder along with the Editor.exe, Keeper.cfg and the 3 .dll files in your Editor folder. Is your INSTALL_PATH= line correct?

darkkingkongman
March 12th, 2014, 09:55
your advice worked but I don't think my the resolution on my monitor can support it. It launches for a few seconds then closes and goes back to the desktop.

DragonsLover
March 13th, 2014, 15:53
It seems the editor isn't compatible with your computer, I'm sorry. An alternative solution would be to use a virtual machine with Windows 98SE on it, edit your levels on it and transfer them through sharing on your real computer.

Mullertime
March 28th, 2014, 22:02
Gah... so close to getting it working on my old machine!

I can kind of get the GUI up - But the text is a complete mess. Every menu option has "< 9" or some garbage to that effect, and there's handfuls of random semi-transparent text on the screen (around the top left quarter). I have a row of 4 option buttons at the top (all with the same < 9) and I *think* I found the load button (It opened a window where you'd normally select your saves from) but that was as far as I got (I can't seem to save or exit without ctrl+alt+del)

Did you guys stumble upon anything like this during your respective setups?

Mullertime
March 28th, 2014, 22:08
Oh Jesus.... this is embarrassing...

Note: .rar files must also be extracted. Don't place them in whole

Works fine now *Facepalm* - Superb Guide DragonsLover: Thank you very much for taking the time to write it :)

EDIT:

Interesting discovery for anyone else having problems:

The editor seems to hate file paths with spaces or underscores (and likely other characters too) - And will crash if you attempt to load it (You'll see the Splash Screen, the CD screen... then it dies a painful binary-infested death)

So if the path to the editor is:
"C:\Dungeon Keeper\Editor\"
or
"C:\Dungeon_Keeper\Editor\"

It dies

But:

"C:\Keeper\Editor\" - Is fine

It also might help to hard-core the editor location in the Keeper.cfg file like so:

INSTALL_PATH=C:\Keeper\Editor\

Cimbrian
June 4th, 2014, 22:51
Good news people :D

You CAN make the editor run at a comfortable speed, if you run it with Advanced Game Loader, a small prog I used earlier to slow down the original Dungeon Keeper and Deeper Dungeons. Works well with the editor as well. You can find it here: http://www.sven-of-nine.de/site/doku.php/downloads

I run it at 20% speed, works fine for me, but you may want it running at a different speed depending on your pc and how you like it.
It comes with a good help file, but I'll be happy to assist if you want me to.

Happy editing to you ;)

Pyrower
July 19th, 2014, 18:02
This guide worked great except I just have a problem where it often crashes when I select save or load, is this a normal problem with the editor or did I do something wrong?

Relderf
July 30th, 2014, 21:35
Guys, I'm having many troubles doing this. I think I followed every step correctly (maybe the keeper.cgf offered some problems, since when you ask to copy it from the "original CD", I looked it up in my DK gold .ISO, and couldn't find it (I've got the original DK old cd, if necesary, but after all it looks like a simple 3 lines text file, isn't that it?). I tried everything said in the responses, like avoiding spaces or dashes, and it slightly improves after each step. At first, I wouldn't go farder than the CD screen with the question mark (sometimes seen in horrible colours, as DK usually do). Then, when I changed the path to the editor folder, instead of just "c:\", is passed the cd screen but the game closed, and keeping the resolution, a windows popped up tittled "Editor.exe has stopped working". It checks for a solution online, can't find any and then offers you a close button, which return you to the original resolution. I couldn't take a screenshot of it, it won't let me.

YourMaster
July 30th, 2014, 23:29
Could you share a screenshot of your editor folder, and the contents of your Editor folder?

Do you run the editor in compatibility mode?

Relderf
July 31st, 2014, 03:53
I have also tried running it as administrator (even though it's not checked). The result is the same. Anyway, which is weird is that when I just opened its properties to check them, everything was unchecked, as if it had unchcked them at some point, I was like "oh don't tell me I didn't apply the changes", I tried it once again but it's the same, and I now chcked if they were like that after the attempt, and yes, they were.

Edit: I just tried in compatibility with WIN 98 and XP pack 2, but nothing changed.

YourMaster
July 31st, 2014, 10:04
The files "GUIEDIT.DAT" and "GUIEDIT.TAB" need to be in the DATA subfolder, not the main directory.
You need to actually have the checkbox for compatability mode checked

In the Keeper.cfg, you could simply have the install line like this: INSTALL_PATH=.\

Relderf
July 31st, 2014, 18:58
Thanks for letting me know that, I really regain hope when I know something was wrong haha, but it still doesn't work.
As shown below, I checked the compatibility mode slot (I switched it over for XP P3, W95, W98, with same results).

Anyway, that result is not quite the same as the last one. Now, the not responding message is shown after the resolution switches back to normal, as shown below. And the DK cursor, the small cubic arrow pops up for a second. I don't know, it might help you know where it is getting to and where not (yet).

Help me, master!

YourMaster
July 31st, 2014, 20:17
Well, so far so good,...

- Just keep compatibility mode on W98SE

But I don't know whats wrong now. Let see if you have everything else correctly copied,.. by comparing the amount of files you have in your subfolder to mine (Don't count, see what windows says)
Data: 206 Items
Ldata: 121 Items
Sound: 5 items

Does that match for you?

Relderf
July 31st, 2014, 21:55
My valors are:
Data: 208 (after I moved the "GUIEDIT.DAT" and "GUIEDIT.TAB", that's 2 more, but I don't know why it would be 2 more than you)
Ldata: 121
Sound: 5

Maybe there's something else I need to have installed? Any dll or whatever?

By the way, I set compatibility to "Windows 98 / Windows ME" (that's the exact name of the line), couldn't find any saying "SE".
BUT, something weird happens here. If I leave it in this options (instead of XP Pack 3, or 2, or something higher) or with WIN95, it will stop me at the CD screen, showing the question mark. It doesn't find the path, apparently, if set so (doesn't show no error though, but maybe because it doesn't get there by then).

YourMaster
July 31st, 2014, 22:15
I had not set it to compatibility mode myself, and it works for me. Putting it to Windows98/Windows ME(that's the one, I don't have an 98SE either) I also get the 'no disk' screen. So I don't know how to help you any further, perhaps any other takers.
Just to make sure you could copy the Data folder again from the CD, to make sure you haven't accidentally deleted a wrong file.

Relderf
August 1st, 2014, 04:30
Ok dude, thanks you a bunch anyway! :sorcerer:
I'm gonna try that now.

Alarti
December 25th, 2014, 07:31
I've tried several thing and have yet to get this to work. When I try to start it up the screen goes black and after being black for 3 or 4 seconds, it goes back to my desktop to the editor folder. I've probably done this step by step about 10 times with the same result every time. Hoping to get an answer here, thanks guys!

YourMaster
December 25th, 2014, 10:31
Which OS do you use?

Could you post screenshots of the folders you have ended up with, so we can check to see if it matches with how it should be?

Alarti
December 25th, 2014, 17:29
http://imgur.com/CJRhS8d

Sorry for relatively small picture, was on the move since it is Christmas morning. So it seems to be that I'm missing a sounds file that I could not find. Is this what could be causing the problem and is it really that game breaking? If so, where could I find this file because I cannot seem to locate it anywhere.

YourMaster
December 25th, 2014, 19:26
http://imgur.com/CJRhS8d

Sorry for relatively small picture, was on the move since it is Christmas morning. So it seems to be that I'm missing a sounds file that I could not find. Is this what could be causing the problem and is it really that game breaking? If so, where could I find this file because I cannot seem to locate it anywhere.

That file can be found on your Dungeon Keeper CD: \Keeper\sound\speech\english\SPEECH.dat
Or any other language. But I don't think this causes your problem.

Could you also show the contents of your keeper.cfg and your levels, ldata and your data folder?
And have you correctly set the compatibility mode? If you run the editor from a shortcut, be sure to set it there.

Alarti
December 25th, 2014, 19:45
http://imgur.com/8tTd7jO

Compatibility tab is confirmed to be set correctly. I did exactly as OP has listed and even tried all the options, including Windows 7 and 98me.

YourMaster
December 25th, 2014, 20:05
The LDATA folder of my Keeper CD has 121 files, you just have 115 in your folder. Open the folder, press CTRL+A to select all files. Then hold shift and right-click a file there. Select 'Copy as Patch' and then paste the result here between
tags. Like this:
[code]"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP02.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP03.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP03.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP04.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP04.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP05.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP05.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP06.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP06.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP07.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP07.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP08.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP08.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP09.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP09.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP10.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP10.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP11.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP11.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP12.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP12.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP13.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP13.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP14.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP14.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP15.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP15.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP16.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP16.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP17.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP17.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP18.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP18.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP19.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP19.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP20.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP20.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP21.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP21.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND00.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND00.LBM"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND01.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND02.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND03.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND04.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND05.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND06.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND07.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND08.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND09.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND10.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND11.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND12.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND13.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND14.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND15.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND16.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND17.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND17.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND18.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND19.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND20.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKWIND21.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR01.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR01.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR02.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR02.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR03.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR03.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR04.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR04.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR05.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR05.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR06.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR06.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR07.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR07.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR08.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR08.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR09.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DOOR09.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DRAG.SMK"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DTORTURE.FLC"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\EMPTY"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONT.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONT.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTBIT.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTBIT.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT1.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT1.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT2.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT2.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT3.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT3.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT4.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTFT4.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTTOR.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\FRONTTOR.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\HISCORES.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\INTROMIX.SMK"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\LEVELS.TXT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\LOADING.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\LOADING.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\MAPHAND.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\MAPHAND.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\NETFLAG.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\NETFLAG.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\NETFONT.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\NETFONT.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\OUTROMIX.SMK"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\TORTURE.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\TORTURE.FLC"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\TORTURE.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\TORTURE.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKFLAG00.DAT"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKFLAG00.TAB"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP00.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP00.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP01.PAL"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP01.RAW"
"D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\LDATA\DKMAP02.PAL"

Please do the same thing for the data folder.

I did notice your DKMAP##.RAW files are different,... they are very new and very small, what is the story there? Be sure to use all the files from the CD.

Finally, also try to set the full path in the keeper.cfg file, like this: INSTALL_PATH=D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\Editor (but whatever you have) - just to try,...

Alarti
December 25th, 2014, 21:45
Okay! So finally some good news. After fiddling with it for a bit i got my amount of files to match your amount of files. I put in the full install path as you suggested as well and tried to run it. This time, i got to a dungeon keeper screen and then to the red cd with a question mark on it. Is there a way to get past this or will i need the actual cd now? Would an iso be needed or is it something simple? I greatly appreciate the assistance and I hope to get this up and running.

YourMaster
December 25th, 2014, 23:07
You'll get the question mark if you don't put the correct install path. You don't need the CD. Did you try to run before you changed the install path as well?

Alarti
December 25th, 2014, 23:11
When i put INSTALL_PATH=D:\Games\Dungeon Keeper\Editor, I get the question mark. When I do it the way Dragons mentions on page 1, my screen goes play for around 3 seconds and I run into the previous issue.

YourMaster
December 25th, 2014, 23:26
That was my example,.... put the install path to where you placed the editor. But this solution is a long shot,... so also try to give me the two file lists, and let me know how you got the strange RAW files.

Alarti
December 26th, 2014, 00:11
I attempted to put the install path to several different directories, including to where I placed the Editor. As for the file lists, here is Ldata

"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKFLAG00 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKFLAG00 .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP00. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP00. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP01. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP01. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP02. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP02. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP03. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP03. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP04. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP04. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP05. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP05. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP06. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP06. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP07. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP07. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP08. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP08. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP09. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP09. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP10. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP10. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP11. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP11. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP12. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP12. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP13. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP13. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP14. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP14. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP15. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP15. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP16. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP16. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP17. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP17. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP18. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP18. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP19. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP19. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP20. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP20. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP21. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKMAP21. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND00 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND00 .LBM"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND01 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND02 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND03 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND04 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND05 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND06 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND07 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND08 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND09 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND10 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND11 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND12 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND13 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND14 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND15 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND16 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND17 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND17 .RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND18 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND19 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND20 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DKWIND21 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR01.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR01.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR02.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR02.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR03.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR03.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR04.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR04.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR05.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR05.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR06.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR06.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR07.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR07.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR08.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR08.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR09.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DOOR09.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DRAG.SMK"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\DTORTURE .FLC"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\EMPTY"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONT.PA L"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONT.RA W"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTBIT .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTBIT .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT1 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT1 .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT2 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT2 .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT3 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT3 .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT4 .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTFT4 .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTTOR .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\FRONTTOR .TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\HISCORES .DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\INTROMIX .SMK"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\LEVELS.T XT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\LOADING. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\LOADING. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\MAPHAND. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\MAPHAND. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\NETFLAG. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\NETFLAG. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\NETFONT. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\NETFONT. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\OUTROMIX .SMK"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\TORTURE. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\TORTURE. FLC"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\TORTURE. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\LDATA\TORTURE. RAW"

Alarti
December 26th, 2014, 00:13
Here is data.

"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE28.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE28.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE29.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE29.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TABLES.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TICON0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TICON0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TMAPA000. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TMAPA001. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TMAPA002. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TMAPA003. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\TMAPANIM. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\VAMPAL.PA L"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\WHITEPAL. COL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ENGLISH"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ALPHA.COL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ALPHA.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ALPHA.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BLOCK.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BLUEPAL.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BLUEPALL. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BORD0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BORD0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BORD0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\BORD0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CEILING.T XT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\COLOURS.C OL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CREAT1.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CREATURE. JTY"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CREATURE. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CREATURE. TXT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CRET0000. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CUBE.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\CUBEGRP.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\DOGPAL.PA L"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\DP_PREFS"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\EDITICN1. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\EDITICN1. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\EDITICN2. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\EDITICN2. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\EDITTEXT. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT2-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT2-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT2-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FONT2-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC00.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC01.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC02.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC03.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC04.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC05.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC06.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC07.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAC08.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAME0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAME0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAME0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRAME0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRONTEND. PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\FRONTEND. RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GMAP.RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GMAPBUG.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GMAPBUG.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GMAPHI.RA W"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUI.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUI.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUI2-0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUI2-0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUI2-0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUI2-0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUIEDIT.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUIEDIT.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUIHI.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\GUIHI.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HBUY0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HBUY0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HBUYSCRN. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HIFONT.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HIFONT.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HITPALL.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HPOINTER. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HPOINTER. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HPOINTS.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HPOINTS.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\HUESHADE. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ICONS0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ICONS0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ICONS0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ICONS0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\KSEFFECT. JTY"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LEGAL.PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LEGAL.RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LIGHTNG.P AL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LOADING.P AL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LOADING.R AW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LOFONT.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LOFONT.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LPOINTER. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LPOINTER. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LPOINTS.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\LPOINTS.T AB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\MAIN.PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\MAP00000. ANM"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\MAP00000. CUB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\MAPFADEG. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\MENUBLK1. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\MENUBLK1. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\NOCD.PAL"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\NOCD.RAW"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PAL00000. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PAL00001. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PAL00002. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PAL00003. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PAL00004. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PALETTE.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\POINTERS. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\POINTERS. TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PORT0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PORT0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PORT0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\PORT0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\REDPAL.CO L"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\REDPALL.D AT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ROOM0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ROOM0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ROOM0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\ROOM0-1.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SAVE.CAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SETTINGS. DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SHADE.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLAB.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLAB0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLAB0-1.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLABS.CLM"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLABS.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLABS.OBJ"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SLABS.TNG"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\STAT0-0.DAT"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\STAT0-0.TAB"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\STATE.RST"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWIPE1.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWIPE1.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE00.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE00.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE01.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE01.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE02.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE02.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE03.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE03.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE04.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE04.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE05.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE05.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE06.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE06.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE07.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE07.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE08.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE08.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE09.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE09.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE10.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE10.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE11.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE11.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE12.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE12.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE13.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE13.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE14.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE14.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE15.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE15.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE16.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE16.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE17.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE17.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE18.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE18.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE19.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE19.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE20.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE20.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE21.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE21.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE22.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE22.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE23.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE23.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE24.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE24.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE25.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE25.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE26.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE26.TA B"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE27.DA T"
"C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Keeper\Editor\DATA\SWPE27.TA B"

YourMaster
December 26th, 2014, 00:18
Before I look at the files,... Don't put it on your desktop. Put the folder somewhere outside of your user folder. Like C:\Keeper or D:\Games or whatever.

EDIT: And in your DATA folder you are missing these files:

Editor\DATA\TMAPA004.DAT
Editor\DATA\TMAPA005.DAT
Editor\DATA\TMAPA006.DAT
Editor\DATA\TMAPA007.DAT

Also, to make it easy for people to read, if you edit your post and put [code ] and [/code ] around your files, it won't take up as much space.

Alarti
December 26th, 2014, 00:44
Oof, I feel like a dork. As soon as I put it in my C drive it started to work. I haven't tried starting it multiple times but it appears to work now. Aside from being a bit choppy and laggy at time, it works pretty well. Can't tell you how much I appreciated the help, thanks! Will post back if I experience any other issues.

alpe0504
May 21st, 2015, 15:53
Hello im bringing some life to this thread again. I have tried to get the editor to work but i allways get stuck att the disc with the question mark please help me.

YourMaster
May 21st, 2015, 17:29
That means you have done one of the steps incorrectly.

Make sure that:
You've got all the files there
You've got the folders all there
You've got the correct path configured in the config file
You don't have the folder on your desktop

alpe0504
May 21st, 2015, 19:15
Ok..., the only thing left is the path then where is the easiest to put it and what should the path be then?
And thx for fast answear BTW

YourMaster
May 21st, 2015, 20:53
That is step 4 from the first post. Make sure your .cfg looks like Dragonslover posted, or use the full path (replace the ./ with for example 'E:\alphesgames\DungeonKeeper\'.

alpe0504
May 21st, 2015, 21:51
Ok that helped but new problem now i get stuck during the disc scene no mark tho and i have a mouse pointer but i can't do anything.

alpe0504
May 21st, 2015, 22:20
Ok i got it to start and it works well i think but it is så hard to move it is still too fast any thing that can prevent or help with the speed problem?

YourMaster
May 21st, 2015, 22:28
Ok i got it to start and it works well i think but it is så hard to move it is still too fast any thing that can prevent or help with the speed problem?

What did you do to fix your last problem? (It is useful to know for other people who run into that issue)

The game speed shouldn't be a problem if you use the map instead of scrolling, but if you find it annoying see this post:

Good news people :D

You CAN make the editor run at a comfortable speed, if you run it with Advanced Game Loader, a small prog I used earlier to slow down the original Dungeon Keeper and Deeper Dungeons. Works well with the editor as well. You can find it here: http://www.sven-of-nine.de/site/doku.php/downloads

I run it at 20% speed, works fine for me, but you may want it running at a different speed depending on your pc and how you like it.
It comes with a good help file, but I'll be happy to assist if you want me to.

Happy editing to you ;)

alpe0504
May 21st, 2015, 22:57
What did you do to fix your last problem? (It is useful to know for other people who run into that issue)

The game speed shouldn't be a problem if you use the map instead of scrolling, but if you find it annoying see this post:

ohh sorry i changed the path so it pointed to the orginal game not FX and it worked =)

i will give it some more tries with the same speed if not i use the extra program, sad thing is that i have just about got the hang of using the Adikted map editor =), maybe i can use both hehe.

YourMaster
May 21st, 2015, 23:01
They work great side by side. Adikted has a lot more content and possibilities, the official editor allows you to see what you make.

BaukeS
June 25th, 2015, 14:02
does anybody know, where I can find the file "keeper.cfg" ?
I need it to do step 3 and 4, but I can't find it at the original CD.
what am I doing wrong?

BaukeS
June 25th, 2015, 14:09
does anybody know, where I can find the file "keeper.cfg" ?
I need it to do step 3 and 4, but I can't find it at the original CD.
what am I doing wrong?

sorry, I was just searching at the wrong place.
It wasn't at the cd, where i had been searching.
so I've found it now, so I can continue

abedy
June 25th, 2015, 18:50
it can be bit of pain. for me to use advanced game loader set about 20% and terminating explorer service works best and dont get weird colors either. win7 64bit.

BaukeS
June 25th, 2015, 19:00
How can I play my own made levels?

mefistotelis
June 25th, 2015, 19:32
How can I play my own made levels?

Place them into levels folder. If there's no .lif file for your map, create it.

BaukeS
June 25th, 2015, 20:26
Place them into levels folder. If there's no .lif file for your map, create it.

what do I have to place in levels?
and which level folder do I have to place it in:
the keeperfx folder or the editor folder?
and what do you mean with that .lif file?

YourMaster
June 26th, 2015, 01:18
The official level editor has a folder with the original dungeon keeper maps and the new maps you have created. Each map has several files, the first custom map you made will probably be 12 files called 'map00200.***' in the folder '*\Dungeon Keeper\Editor\Levels'.
You have to move all 12 files to '*\KeeperFX\levels' for the level to work.

One of those files has to be map00200.lif. If it does not exist you can create it yourself. Easiest is to copy an existing one, edit it with notepad and rename it to the correct filename. If you have map number 200 than in the lif file has to be called 'map00200.lif' and the contents of the file would be '200, mapname', where the mapname is the name that shows up in the list(whatever you want).

BaukeS
June 26th, 2015, 09:36
What do I have to edit, to make the correct .lif file?

YourMaster
June 26th, 2015, 11:29
First make sure you don't already have a working one.
If you don't, copy a .lif file from another map, rename it to the proper map number, and edit the lif file itself with notepad.

BaukeS
June 26th, 2015, 14:01
First make sure you don't already have a working one.
If you don't, copy a .lif file from another map, rename it to the proper map number, and edit the lif file itself with notepad.

and what do I have to chage in that notepad file?

YourMaster
June 26th, 2015, 14:40
and what do I have to chage in that notepad file?

Change it to what I said 2 posts ago: '[mapnumber],[mapname]'

BaukeS
June 26th, 2015, 16:45
ok, I got it
Now I can play my own level
thanks

AdamP
July 17th, 2016, 04:25
Step 11: Copy the following files inside the "sound" folder:

ATMOS1.SBK
ATMOS2.SBK
BULLFROG.SBK

You don't need these files for the editor; they're used by AWE32s to provide extra atmospheric sound effects in the game.

Ollyburger
October 21st, 2017, 17:50
Hi, just returning to this game and trying to get the editor working. I have the DK Gold CD but I can't find the file "keeper.cfg" on there at all. I've tried running a search and no luck. Any advice?

EDIT:

You can find it in the directory where the original Dungeon Keeper is installed. If you don't have Dungeon Keeper installed, then create a new .txt file, put the lines as stated in step 4, save and rename the .txt file to Keeper.cfg. Then put it in the same folder where Editor.exe is.

I did this instead as my computer won't run the installer but I am having the issue where upon trying to run Editor.exe the screen blacks out, resolution changes for a few seconds then goes back to the desktop. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. Does the Editor folder need to be anywhere specific? At the moment its just sitting on my desktop.

(Hopefully) Final EDIT:

Looks like I copied one of the files across where I should have downloaded and extracted and it seems to be working (touch wood). One final question, how do I play my created levels on Keeperfx? I remember on the original editor they appeared on the list of "Deeper Dungeons" levels but can't see my test level on the "Free Play"menu in Keeperfx. Anyone able to advise?

REALLY final EDIT:

It was just a simple copy and paste job. It's construction time! :)

YourMaster
October 21st, 2017, 19:16
Yeah, don't run stuff from your desktop. keeper.cfg can be found in the root of your game directory.

To run your levels, simply copy the map files from the editor (say, c:\dungeon keeper\editor\levels) to keeperfx (say d:\Keeperfx\levels). The map files are all files called map00####.***, where the #### is the number you used to save it. If it is your first map, this is usually 0200.

If you have any trouble, your issue is most likely listed here in the FAQ: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/Playing-Custom-Maps

EDIT: You edited your post while I was typing. I see you managed, good.
Also consider the Adikted Editor, it has more options. I link to it in this topic (https://keeperklan.com/threads/5074-Advanced-mapmaking-AdIkTeD-Column-mode-and-Slab50).

Mickeyminime
October 31st, 2019, 19:46
Okay, after some tests, I have managed to find all the necessary files the level editor needs. It's not supposed to crash. If it does, please tell me.

To get the Official Level Editor to work along with KeeperFX, you must create a separate folder that contains the level editor and all the files needed for it to work. Before we start, ensure that you have the followings:
[...]

Have fun editing!

I followed your instructions and i was able to get on to the actual editor.

However, although i've not actually saved or played any of the levels yet. It doesn't seem to have any of the deeper dungeon levels. All i've got is the main 20 and the 5 bonus levels. Any idea what might be causing it. I have Windows 10, Keeper FX.

Do i also need to fill in INSTALL_PATH=.\ with the cfg.

I remember doing it with the original game on XP many many years ago. My gog version of the game is on another hard drive.

It's nice to see the map editor again. I just hope it works despite the deeper dungeon levels not being on it at the moment. I did copy/paste the levels from the FX to the editor if anyone happens to ask.

YourMaster
October 31st, 2019, 22:08
The official editor only picks up levels listed in a .lif file. You can either edit an existing lif file(with any text editor), make your own, or copy over DDISK1.LIF from the GOG levels folder.

Simply put in this in any lif file for you to get the dd levels:

80, Morkardar
81, Korros Tor
82, Kari-Mar
83, Belbata
84, Caddis Fell
85, Pladitz
86, Abbadon
87, Svatona
88, Kanasko
91, Netzcaro
93, Batezek
94, Benetzaron
95, Daka-Gorn
97, Dixaroc
92, Belial

segadorastado
July 8th, 2020, 18:27
Is there an easier way to create levels and campaigns?

YourMaster
July 8th, 2020, 20:14
Yes, with the Adikted editor.
There's an entire wiki page: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/Creating-a-new-campaign

segadorastado
July 14th, 2020, 11:02
This is to complicated. I have no knowledge in that type of game edition.

I tried using the official editor from https://lubiki.keeperklan.com/html/dk1_tools_mapedit.php

But it is not working. It shows me an error window.

I even mail the admin. He told me to ask here.

YourMaster
July 14th, 2020, 18:45
We'd be happy to help, but without knowing what exactly is too complicated, or what the error screen says, that's very hard.

The official editor is a very old piece of software, that's kinda difficult to get to work on a modern machine. If it's too complicated for you to get that to work, I mentioned Adikted, at the link you just posted. Try that, it doesn't look pretty, but it's very easy. Also, the document I wrote and linked in my last post should tell you everything you need to know, if anything is still unclear, feel free to ask.

However, there's no getting around that levels in DK are made by writing script (http://keeper.lubiki.pl/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm). The map editor - neither adikted nor the official - won't do that for you. That's just there to 'paint' where there's dirt, rock, gold and rooms.

segadorastado
July 17th, 2020, 11:27
We'd be happy to help, but without knowing what exactly is too complicated, or what the error screen says, that's very hard.

The official editor is a very old piece of software, that's kinda difficult to get to work on a modern machine. If it's too complicated for you to get that to work, I mentioned Adikted, at the link you just posted. Try that, it doesn't look pretty, but it's very easy. Also, the document I wrote and linked in my last post should tell you everything you need to know, if anything is still unclear, feel free to ask.

However, there's no getting around that levels in DK are made by writing script (http://keeper.lubiki.pl/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm). The map editor - neither adikted nor the official - won't do that for you. That's just there to 'paint' where there's dirt, rock, gold and rooms.

Thanks! I'll try ADIKTED then.

Junkman1217
July 19th, 2020, 00:10
Keeper.cfg
Mss32.dll
SmackW32.dll
WSnd7R.dll

I can’t seem to find these files anywhere in the original game files

YourMaster
July 19th, 2020, 01:10
Well, I do. Have you been looking at the GOG version instead? Then try this topic:
https://keeperklan.com/threads/6999-How-to-get-the-official-map-editor-working-with-GOG

Junkman1217
July 19th, 2020, 03:36
Well, I do. Have you been looking at the GOG version instead? Then try this topic:
https://keeperklan.com/threads/6999-How-to-get-the-official-map-editor-working-with-GOG

I have the Dungeon Keeper Gold cd, I was looking on the cd, bot couldn't find those files

YourMaster
July 19th, 2020, 08:43
Should be there I believe. keeper.cfg might be generated on installation, but that one you can just create as an empty text file.

Junkman1217
July 19th, 2020, 18:09
I followed all the steps, changed the compatibility settings, I went to launch the editor, but it just crashes to desktop

this is what I have in the keeper.cfg file that I created
'INSTALL_PATH=.\
INSTALL_TYPE=MAX
LANGUAGE=ENG'

should I put where I installed KepperFX for 'install path'? (nevermind, I just tried that, no-go

YourMaster
July 19th, 2020, 20:24
Seems right. If you're absolutely sure you did all those other steps correctly (most people don't), you could also follow the gog steps linked 2 posts up instead. Or use adikted.

Junkman1217
July 19th, 2020, 22:17
lol, the GOG steps seem MORE complicated....i'll re-check everything :)

YourMaster
July 19th, 2020, 22:28
Look at the second post of that topic.

eddebaby
July 27th, 2020, 17:42
I followed the tutorial, and everything is set up well, thanks DragonsLover!

I found that on my Windows 7 machine I could not get the color palette to display correctly for the Map Editor. I tried compatibility settings, and a registry fix, but I could only get the correct palette by using DXWnd. Just use the default settings, except for selecting fullscreen mode (windowed mode does work, but the mouse does not play nicely and the window size cannot be altered). Make sure you disable all compatibility options in Windows (these seem to conflict).
As stated by DragonsLover, if the palette gets messed up, save and restart the application.

DXWnd also allows you simulate a slower clock speed for the application. Go to the "Timing" tab and tick "CPU slow down" and enter a value in the ratio box. I use a 1:30 ratio on my 3770K (so I entered 30 in the setting menu). The mouse is a little jittery, but you can scroll around much more easily (no more hyper-speed mode!)

jspyder
December 17th, 2023, 22:10
OK, folks, I've seen a lot of info about how to make the Editor run in older OSes like Windows 7, but I've got 11 Pro and, after following almost *everything* covered in this thread I can get it to start and progress (with weird colors, but that's not important to me) to where the CD is active (no "?"), but after the CD it shuts down - I can't actually get to the editor itself.

I saw the posts about using a third-party CPU slowing app (I don't remember the name) but if I'm already using dxwnd, how to I run both? It didn't seem to be covered.

I'm not sure that's even the solution, but I figure it's a place to start ...

help?

YourMaster
December 17th, 2023, 23:40
OK, folks, I've seen a lot of info about how to make the Editor run in older OSes like Windows 7, but I've got 11 Pro and, after following almost *everything* covered in this thread I can get it to start and progress (with weird colors, but that's not important to me) to where the CD is active (no "?"), but after the CD it shuts down - I can't actually get to the editor itself.

I saw the posts about using a third-party CPU slowing app (I don't remember the name) but if I'm already using dxwnd, how to I run both? It didn't seem to be covered.

I'm not sure that's even the solution, but I figure it's a place to start ...

help?

Is there a specific reason you want this? If you just want to make maps, there is the unearth editor now, that is easier to use, is a modern application that works on modern systems and can do a lot more then the official editor ever could: https://keeperfx.net/workshop/item/1/unearth