PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Computer Characters

Metal Gear Rex
September 15th, 2009, 08:50
I'm very bored at the moment, so I might make a few AIs with the script. You know those checks and such for the AI keeper. I'm going to work on my own ideas, and post each one with a description of the Dungeon Keeper character, as well as a well designed area for him to work in for Map Makers to use.

Please comment on those created, and I would enjoy creating more AIs for anyone else. Keep in mind I've never actually created one by script, just by modifying the computer keeperfx file (In which I succeeded in)

Kromeh
October 10th, 2009, 04:18
Question:

Is this in the graveyard, rotting? Or will it become a vampire?

DragonsLover
October 10th, 2009, 09:25
Tweaking AIs isn't that easy you know...

Kromeh
October 10th, 2009, 09:31
I'm aware, but it seems as there is no progress.

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2009, 14:08
As there seemed to be no interest in the time of insperation.:(

nebster
October 10th, 2009, 15:07
As there seemed to be no interest in the time of insperation.:(

What!?
There's interest. We're just waiting for something to try.

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2009, 15:22
All I was going to do was change the DK1 keeper AI by the script using those commands. I know how because I did it with the KeeperFx Computer data file. Anyone can do it, but yeah it does take alot of work and time, mostly the latter in this case.

dragonfist
October 30th, 2009, 09:21
Well, in the map, there is a lot of AI, because of the blocks.

Once you know and can predict the Computer AI, you can create specific AI dungeons as the opponents, that have a random way of devolepment. The power you have as a scripter and builder, rather than as a player, you can use to define Dungeons from the script, no limits.

Orionzorz
August 11th, 2011, 09:45
I am interested in some AI's. I can test 'em for you if you need someone to do that.
Would be cool to have an AI that doesn't follow the same procedures all the time.

Also, I've read some things about that keeperfx file wich also influences the AI behavior, what exacly is that file called and where can I find it?

mefistotelis
August 12th, 2011, 06:32
Also, I've read some things about that keeperfx file wich also influences the AI behavior, what exacly is that file called and where can I find it?

https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/source/browse/trunk/keeperfx/config/fxdata/keepcompp.cfg

Zyraen
August 12th, 2011, 15:54
I did some light editing to this file, that makes them build a bigger Training Room, earlier, so that there's a better chance the Training Room is near to the Hatchery. The trouble I've found is making them follow a layout that minimises walking time for their Creatures.

Matthias Currat
October 13th, 2012, 20:54
There are a few numbers behind the Computer Player line in the script. I know that "0" means the strongest enemy player with the greatest attack radius and most aggressive expansion moves. What do the other 9 numbers mean though? Or are there even more?

Mothrayas
October 13th, 2012, 21:07
http://keeper.lubie.org/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm#scrpt_cmd_computer_player

Player
Description

A general computer player with everything turned on. Builds rooms quickly and is aggressive.

Medium aggressive computer player. Builds rooms slowly.

Medium defensive computer player.

A defensive computer player that only builds rooms 3x3 tiles in size.

A defensive computer player that only builds rooms 4x4 tiles in size.

An aggressive computer player that only builds rooms 4x4 tiles in size.

General aggressive computer player.

General defensive computer player.

Constructive defensive player that builds 5x5 rooms. Doesn't dig for gold, doesn't move creatures.

A computer player which only moves creatures.

A medium computer player.

Matthias Currat
October 17th, 2012, 23:29
Awesome, thank you! Actually the codes 2 and 6 to 9 weren't like that in the original, butt I saw some people using them, so I thought it must be an enhancement to KeeperFX an it indeed is. Also sum numbers got modified. I'll use mostly 2, 7 and 10 then. Strange thing is that AI 2 expanded quite aggressively even though it's marked defensive. :)