PDA

View Full Version : KeeperFX 0.38b BUG boulder trap

jomalin
February 16th, 2011, 22:52
I have putted two boulder trap in the second level of Deeper Dungeons. If you load the savegame I provide, an Imp will put one, but the other, as you can see, the Imp left the trap crate in the floor and never filled the trap with it. You can see the crate trap just near the boulder, why the Imps didn't bring the crate trap to the boulder?

There isn't any Error or Warning in my log file.

EDIT: I have loaded my savegame executing keeperfx_dbg.exe and I have putted Imps near the crate trap, and looking my log file there was two warnings:
Warning: lights_stats_debug_dump: Wrong global lights counter: 238 static lights and counter says 0.
Warning: lights_stats_debug_dump: Wrong global lights counter: 3 dynamic lights and counter says 0.

Airandius
February 16th, 2011, 23:56
That happens all the time. Sometimes Imps drop Treasure Boxes, Spells and Traps and nothing happens. Treasure Boxes may be used sometimes but the Spells and Traps stay there forever.
Sometimes those nasty little Imps keep carrying traps forever, can't pick them up or anything.

Nowadays I always save before I make an imp pick up an item. Too much risk.

Oh yeh, might be related to the thing limit. Or the entire thing thing freaking out. It's not the actual thing limit though. Other Imps will still place Traps for example.
Must be a leak in the code somewhere, that the a.i. forgets that those things are there or that they are carrying that object.

Metal Gear Rex
February 17th, 2011, 00:25
This is a bug that has existed before, but I don't think Mefisto has been able to fix it/was fixing other things. I just remember seeing this myself and DL also reporting it.

Pizu
February 17th, 2011, 08:32
I believe both DragonLover and Me reported this before... I thought it was already fixed tough.....?

jomalin
February 17th, 2011, 08:44
I thought it was already fixed tough.....?

Probably a regression bug? mefistotelis can confirm this

Krizzie
February 19th, 2011, 09:28
I thought that If you slap an Imp which is carrying something they would drop it?

I have never encountered this bug though.

mefistotelis
February 19th, 2011, 11:22
Thanks, will check the save.

I hope this time I'll be able to trace the problem.

Ogre
February 19th, 2011, 13:50
Sometimes those nasty little Imps keep carrying traps forever, can't pick them up or anything.

That same thing happens to me all the time when imps carry suff directly over water, havent seen it otherwise.

mefistotelis
February 19th, 2011, 15:00
Back to the subject:

It's not a bug, imps won't take the trap because they're afraid of the nearby enemies. If you'll defeat the enemies, imps will take the trap.

About lights count inconsistency - I don't know what caused it. In the saved game you provided, lights counter is invalid from start.

Airandius
February 19th, 2011, 16:56
Back to the subject:

It's not a bug, imps won't take the trap because they're afraid of the nearby enemies. If you'll defeat the enemies, imps will take the trap.

About lights count inconsistency - I don't know what caused it. In the saved game you provided, lights counter is invalid from start.

Actually it happens very often and in most cases even when their are no enemies nearby. It's not that the imp is fleeing because it picks up other traps.

Also this does not explain the bug that makes them carry a certain object forever until they die. And once dead that item can still not be picked up.

Just sayin.:D

jomalin
August 13th, 2012, 09:09
mefistotelis, has been fixed that bug Airandius told? I will check this with the latest KeeperFX Nightly builds.