PDA

View Full Version : Plying on PC without graphic card - possible?

Imp-losion
February 22nd, 2011, 20:42
First of all thank you, for the work you put into expanding the universe of Dungeon Keeper I.
I have read a bit and downloaded this expansion in order to try it, but it looks line it requires a graphic card (unlike the original game, I have it installed and it runs fine).

My question is: Would it be possible to run the game without it?

Airandius
February 22nd, 2011, 21:30
Wait what... people are trying to play games without graphic cards now? How does your computer render anything at all.
Want to play games? But a real computer, don't use some weird office machine from the 1990's. >.>

Just because I'm not a total asshole, you can buy a graphic card for pretty much any price. I'm sure whatever motherboard you have can support a graphic card under 25 euro for DK. Gaming computers are cheap as well. If build smart you only need to spend around 600 euro and you can play all games up to date.

mefistotelis
February 22nd, 2011, 21:59
Recent commercial computers won't start without graphics card. So no, you can't play if you can't start your computer.

Ogre
February 22nd, 2011, 23:10
I think he's confused. Probably using an motherboard graphic device, not a graphic card. Could it be so? Since you can start your computer and run the old game, there should be no problem running keeperFX.

Airandius
February 23rd, 2011, 00:42
I think he's confused. Probably using an motherboard graphic device, not a graphic card. Could it be so? Since you can start your computer and run the old game, there should be no problem running keeperFX.

Yes. I'm pretty sure he has a chipset or something. Which still counts as a graphic card kind of. Just onboard. (Though they are terrible for anything but the OS and Word.)

Anyway, your solution would be reading the readme. You probably didn't define the resolution in the config.
You'll know what I'm talking about when you read the readme.