PDA

View Full Version : i give up last resort

laudrano
February 23rd, 2011, 02:43
well me being friendly and asking for help has gotten me banned and shunned so heres my last attempt..
im running windows 7 ultimate dell desktop only questionable spec that might not make it is my chipset but other then that my comp goes above and beyong the call of duty... ive tryed what dotted and a new room reccommended (changing the front end res etc etc etc..) amd tjhis is what happens..
It goes in game graphics work great then and only on. the intro where the knights on the horse riding past monks and when i get in an actual game (on a map playing) do my graphics start wigging out then either a few seconds later or if i open up the map it crashes please help i love this game was one of my favs as a child/..

dotted
February 23rd, 2011, 03:01
well me being friendly and asking for help has gotten me banned
you did not get banned for asking for help

laudrano
February 23rd, 2011, 03:08
you did not get banned for asking for helpconsidering i told people to hop on vent and discuss the issue with me kinda means i did.. but no disrespect but im in the mood to where if its not a solution or a poke at what my issue is i dont need nor want to hear it

Ogre
February 23rd, 2011, 12:10
I replied to the other thread, look it up. And if your having trouble with the forums, (as yo say "banned). I recommend taking this up with a moderator, asap.

Airandius
February 23rd, 2011, 12:23
You come to a forum in order to ask for help on the forum. You do not go on a forum to redirect users to install a program to help you. That's not how forums work.
Also you are not banned. Banned means that you can not post in the forums at all.

Anyway, use some proper punctuation and grammar. I can't understand half of what you are saying.

dotted
February 23rd, 2011, 22:25
You come to a forum in order to ask for help on the forum. You do not go on a forum to redirect users to install a program to help you. That's not how forums work.
Also you are not banned. Banned means that you can not post in the forums at all.

Anyway, use some proper punctuation and grammar. I can't understand half of what you are saying.

He was banned, and then unbanned.

Krizzie
February 24th, 2011, 13:35
KeeperFX should run fine on Windows Vista/7.

Have you updated al your drivers? (Videocard, Soundcard, Directx etc.)

Are you running other programs that might interfere with the game? (Virusscanner, Chatprograms etc.)

And please check your spelling, it's one big mess. :x

laudrano
March 9th, 2011, 01:04
when i was having issue i was running windows naked (not even security programs were running) only issue i had was graphical (weird colors all over the place) someone told me something ow it just crashes it the second i get into an actual game "still with graphical issues" idk something tells me the fix is simple but the answers im getting just arent right

Madkill
March 9th, 2011, 01:37
Try to get a computer that isn't a dell, then you will have a solution to 99.9% of all problems to do with games. This isn't useless information, this is the information which should make you not get a god damn dell in future!

The irony is that Dell owns Alienware.

Lotex
March 27th, 2011, 04:49
kill the explorer.exe, that might help in that case...it helped me with diablo 1

laudrano
April 11th, 2011, 10:04
.... well A. im not a complete computer noob but thanks for trying to prank me into rebooting my system bloke :)

Lotex
April 11th, 2011, 12:12
it is no prank and killing the explorer.exe won't reboot your computer at all.
the explorer.exe often cause problems with older games like dungeon keeper, diablo and so on, i don't know why but it fixes the freaky coloured screen - using keeperfx is the better way of getting rid of most of the problems, but that would do the trick, too

kyle
April 11th, 2011, 18:36
it is no prank and killing the explorer.exe won't reboot your computer at all.
the explorer.exe often cause problems with older games like dungeon keeper, diablo and so on, i don't know why but it fixes the freaky coloured screen - using keeperfx is the better way of getting rid of most of the problems, but that would do the trick, too

I can confirm this, Age of empires II has fucked up colours and the only way to make them revert to normal is to kill explorer.exe while the game is running.

Mothrayas
April 11th, 2011, 18:46
Besides, you don't need to reboot after killing explorer.exe. Just pick New Task from task manager and input "explorer.exe" and it'll be back.

DragonsLover
April 11th, 2011, 20:19
Or you can simply create a batch file that does everything for you!

Lotex
April 12th, 2011, 01:10
like this:

@echo off
taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
c:
cd C:\keeperfx 0.38c\
start keeperfx.exe
pause
start explorer.exe

1. create a text file and rename it to dk.bat (or whatever you like, just be sure to replace the .txt with .bat)
2. open the .bat file by pressing the right mouse button and choose edit.
3. copy the lines from above to the file, edit the path and save it

the echo off and the c: command are variable, so you're free to whether delete them or let them be - echo off only hides the command lines that are written in the batch file, so they're not printed in the console and the c: just change the drive in case you saved the file to another partition or and external harddrive

after you quit the game, the console is still there and if you press any button, the explorer.exe starts again