PDA

View Full Version : still trouble with dk11.icd

pablo55
February 26th, 2011, 08:11
Hey guys,

I have patched to 1.73 and am still getting the dkii.icd protection error. I know it should be fixed already but i went ahead and tried to use unsafedisc on it and unsafedisc won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have been trying to get this going off and on for a year or so. Even paid the 60$ for a original copy off amazon.

I am running windows 7

THanks!

---------- Post added at 03:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

Hey guys,

I have patched to 1.73 and am still getting the dkii.icd protection error. I know it should be fixed already but i went ahead and tried to use unsafedisc on it and unsafedisc won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have been trying to get this going off and on for a year or so. Even paid the 60$ for a original copy off amazon.

I am running windows 7

THanks!

Edit: I got past the cd problem by DUH removing the cd and running it (i honestly don't know why it helped) But I am now getting a more constant crash of dkii.exe has stopped working. And ideas?

DragonsLover
February 26th, 2011, 21:54
Did you read this (http://www.keeperklan.com/threads/654-PLEASE-READ-THIS-TOPIC-BEFORE-POSTING)?

pablo55
February 27th, 2011, 04:14
yes, i had deleted then did the walkthrough step by step. I toned down music settings and closed everything out (misc running programs) and was able to play continuous for about 2 hours. I just tried again tonight and am getting problem again.

DragonsLover
February 28th, 2011, 00:46
To make the game running on Windows 7, you must ensure that:
- SafeDisc copy protection is removed
- It runs using only ONE core
- It has Windows XP SP3 or lower compatibility mode
- Hardware acceleration is DISABLED if you get a black screen
- You play the game in 800 x 600 to avoid a crash when looking at the objectives