PDA

View Full Version : Strange mouse error in .38

Lasharus
March 5th, 2011, 02:13
Greetings to ye all,

I've been working with KeeperFX 0.37 for quite some time now, and I was hoping to switch up to 0.38 to see if there were any significant changes, but one thing irks me to no end: The mouse pointer.

For some reason, the game refuses to smoothly work with my mouse. If I try to move the pointer slowly, it moves erratically, which is an absolute devil for trying to precision-select ANYTHING. I've tried to work with it, but after you've tried to build room nr. 3 only to find that the best way is to keyboard-move the camera and click the tiles as they come along, something strange is happening.

I already attempted to use the -altinput command, checked if windowed mode changed anything, and I came up dry on every count. Save Game files are a bit redundant, given taht this issue is game-wide, even occurring in the main menu.

Does anyone have any similar experiences, and any idea as to how to fix this? I really want to keep up with the updates, but this makes the game nigh unplayable for me :(

Hope someone can help (Otherwise, I'll stick with 0.37 for a while longer :P)

Thanks,

Lash

DragonsLover
March 5th, 2011, 21:02
Try altering the "Mouse sensitivity" option in the KeeperFX.cfg file. I increased it and it works like the original game.

Lasharus
March 7th, 2011, 02:22
Just out of curiosity - how much did you increase the sensitivity to? Because this sounds like it could work, but only if I get it right :P

DragonsLover
March 7th, 2011, 04:28
I did set the value to 150, but I guess I'm gonna increase it a lil' bit more.

Lasharus
March 11th, 2011, 00:10
Sadly, didn't work for me :(

Oh well, guess I'll keep looking into possible solutions.

Hush
March 29th, 2011, 12:50
Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I am experiencing the same problem..

mefistotelis
March 29th, 2011, 15:57
Mouse works fine for me. And there's sensitivity setting in keeperfx.cfg if it's too slow or too fast.

If you have other mouse problems, I need more detailed description to understand them.

I have no idea what it means that "it moves erratically". Maybe a video showing the movement would help?

Hush
March 29th, 2011, 16:23
Mouse works fine for me. And there's sensitivity setting in keeperfx.cfg if it's too slow or too fast.

If you have other mouse problems, I need more detailed description to understand them.

I have no idea what it means that "it moves erratically". Maybe a video showing the movement would help?

I tried the sensitivity setting in config, but this only made the mouse move faster.

When I move the mouse fast, it acts just fine as one would expect. But when I slow it down for som precision clicking (ex choosing menu item) its as if there is some dust in the mouse laser (but there of coure isnt :) ).

Its af is it doesnt register the mouse movement until I move it a bit faster.

I have switched to 0.37 and here its working like a charme.