PDA

View Full Version : Freeze in 0.38c

Leviathan
March 9th, 2011, 19:19
First off I like to thank you for this awesome remake! I recently remembered how cool Dungeon Keeper was in the old days, but all I got after several hours of tweaking the original game was highly unstable - if working at all.
And then I found KeeperFX. I just downloaded it and played straight away for 10 hours!

But then I hit the 8th original campaign map "Tickle" which worked fine for some time, but then simply froze for some reason unknown to me.
I tried to run keeperfx_dbg.exe, but this reproducibly crashes on hitting the Load button in the main menu with only these log entries: 688

So all I have is the save game attached, which will reproducibly freeze after one to two seconds in the game: 687
Restarting the map didn't do the trick; after some time, this map will always freeze.

Is there anything I can do to get around this freeze? I really need a valve for my new-found DK addiction. :)

mefistotelis
March 10th, 2011, 19:24
We're already working on that. The problem lies in tool_dig_to_pos2() - and this function isn't rewritten yet. The function is related to computer digging for gold.