PDA

View Full Version : Ancident keeper campaign help

Micha
March 12th, 2011, 11:07
Hi can anyone give me a tip how to win in the first scen of the ancident keeper campaign. Its not
possible for me to reach the entrance because the strong creatures which killis imedetaly the
only wizzard i have.
Thank you .

Ogre
March 12th, 2011, 11:17
I had the same problem, then I found this, http://keeper.lubie.org/dk1_mpacks/ancient_keeper/ancient_keeper_walkthrough.htm

Should help you with any problems you encounter in the campaign.

Micha
March 12th, 2011, 12:49
Thank you verry much for the fast help.

Micha
March 15th, 2011, 20:16
This campaign is really a nigthmare, i think i will try to get more experience by other easyer campaigns.

Krizzie
March 15th, 2011, 22:49
Ancient Keeper requires knowledge of every bug/exploit/trick in the game. And most of all, patience! Some maps take hours to complete, even when the objective is simple.

DragonsLover
March 15th, 2011, 23:18
And the campaign is also based on the original Dungeon Keeper stats. Since KeeperFX brought modifications, some levels are way tougher, or even impossible to solve.

Micha
March 18th, 2011, 13:59
I have captured portal 1 andortal 2 now, but after try to enter the last a big ,big army blows away al my creatures in no time at al.
Anyone know the solutioN ?

Lotex
March 19th, 2011, 02:46
well sorry, don't know what you exactly want to know (can't allocate the andortal 2 part), but let me tell you...stay tuned for lvl 13 (sloth) or level 19 (antaks ruin)....THESE levels are a MASSIVE pain in the ass :horny:

Micha
March 20th, 2011, 18:10
Sorry for the misstake, it must be" portal 1 and 2. But i will try to explain it againe in my poor english. I was sucessful against the heros and against the second wave of enemys.
But when i destroy 1 of the magic doors in the north i cant beat the third wave of enemys. I have 10 iron maidons , level 8 to 10 and a wizzard l 10.

Lotex
March 21st, 2011, 03:38
well, i played the level (you mean the 1st one, red carpet i guess, right?) again, killed the archers with disease and so on, made my way to the 1st ring of the hero fortress and cannot see anything like what you wrote.

seems like you're completely overwhelmed by the hero forces, so two questions - did you build a guard post/temple at the edge to the water? that stops the heroes from swarming your dungeon, because it's too high to climb (build two doors and lock them to stop your imps from getting weird ideas like running outside the safe area) and did you conquer the hero fortress step by step, room by room?
i played till i have to conquer the 1st ring and at first, there were only giants and barbarians, the one or other thief or monk, but nothing too hard and suddenly, two horned reapers spawned and that was bitchy.

btw: what's your native language? i could offer german as an alternative if you're unsure about your english

Micha
March 21st, 2011, 22:38
Thank you for the tips , i won the level.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2029/anicentkeeperlevel1.th.jpg (http://img821.imageshack.us/i/anicentkeeperlevel1.jpg/)

Lotex
April 17th, 2011, 20:02
hi there
i'm playing the campaign of ancient keeper again (since last time, i skipped some levels) and now i'm trying to solve the riddle about conquering sloth (lvl 13)
my problem is that all my creatures (12 orcs) are going to be slaughtered by the 1st wave of samurai that come to me after opening the 1st door in the lower left corner.
i really don't get it how to conquer this realm because the stand absolutely no chance against the samurai and i don't have the possibility to stop them from swarming my dungeon

DragonsLover
April 18th, 2011, 13:26
Known problem. This is because Ancient Keeper uses the "corrected" data of KeeperFX and causes the Samurais to be stronger than normally. You have to edit the config file of the samurai to set his strength to 61 and lower his dexterity. In fact, most of the creatures should be weaker. I have the fix for that.

Krizzie
April 18th, 2011, 16:58
Is Horny or the mistress also affected by this? Cause T'kaan Mistress is insanely hard. I played the Campaign before and didn't really had trouble with that map. But Now I get owned by the Hornies which roam the lava. Using 1st person and drain for an hour, it's doable but if one or two hornies leave the group and go for the heart you're screwed.

Edit:

In Redcarpet you can see the game struggling with the modified statistics. THe AI controlled Warlock can use Reflect but if you go 1st person you can't choose the spell.

DragonsLover
April 19th, 2011, 13:09
Yes, it was supposed for the Horned Reapers, the Samurais, the Orcs and all the creatures that have a strength over 61 to be less overpowered because yes, T'Kaan's Mistress level is supposed to be easier.

As for the modified statistics, it may happens that the data of "Ancient Keeper" becomes mixed up with "Dungeon Keeper"'s data. I guess it generally happens through "Continue the game". You must restart the level when it happens.

mefistotelis
April 19th, 2011, 20:03
I changed the values of dexterity and strength according to the chart below.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7210/keeperfxdexteritymodcha.gif (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/keeperfxdexteritymodcha.gif/)

This will be published in next version, and is already available on SVN.

DragonsLover
April 19th, 2011, 23:27
For Ancient Keeper or for KeeperFX? This is because I have already altered the Dexterity and Defence values based upon the "maximum 61 limit" value for every creature in the "default" creature config files. And for the creatures that have more than 60 of strength, I decreased all of them to 61 in Ancient Keeper as well.

mefistotelis
April 20th, 2011, 14:30
This chart represents the relation between original values of dexterity and strength from DK, and the new values which I set for Ancient Keeper campaign in KeeperFX.

Values of dexterity and strength used in other campaigns are those from DragonLover's patch and have nothing to do with the chart I presented.

Lotex
April 20th, 2011, 15:42
does it mean that an for example an avatar, who normally has 150 strength will just have 74?

DragonsLover
April 20th, 2011, 17:02
Affirmative sir.

Lotex
April 20th, 2011, 19:21
well, that would surely solve the problem, even if it kinda kills the myth of the "one man smashing some skulls on the floor" creatures like horny and avatar - i think they should definitely stay as a force to be reckoned with, but a little less deadly in a crowd like it happens in ancient keeper - you know, just don't wanna see my favourites as sharks without teeth ;)

Lionel90
January 28th, 2015, 23:48
Hello.
Sorry for digging this out.
But i'm kinda in the same boat as the previous poster; I reached the level 13 after beating all lthe previous levels and i don't see how to do this, all the orcs get murdered in a few seconds.
Are those stats problems fixed in keeperfx 0.4.5 ?

YourMaster
January 29th, 2015, 01:13
Ancient Keeper in KeeperFX uses custom config files so the stats of the game are like they were back in the original game. People simply find this campaign very difficult, but there is a walkthrough ('http://keeper.lubiki.pl/dk1_mpacks/ancient_keeper/ancient_keeper_walkthrough.htm'), perhaps that helps you out.

Lionel90
January 29th, 2015, 16:53
I see. Must be my strategy then.

Lionel90
February 11th, 2015, 18:33
Hello again.
I'm looking for some hints again in the bonus level: Crusade
How is it possible to reach the transfer creature bonus ?
I followed the walkthrough and went for my own dungeon heart, but as soon as it is no more, both the imp and the knight die even if kept in hand, so it doesn't look possible to claim and dig anymore.
Any clue on this ?

YourMaster
February 12th, 2015, 00:00
Which version of the game are you using? In the original dungeon keeper there was a bug that creatures remained in the hand when you were defeated, this is fixed in keeperfx, but for this campaign in version 0.4.5 a 'classic bug' setting was introduced to keep the old behavior.
So in other words, in 0.4.5 the imp is not supposed to die when you keep him in your hand.

Lionel90
February 12th, 2015, 07:16
I'm using the 0.4.5 version + nightly build 1582

YourMaster
February 12th, 2015, 09:08
Ok, I've never played the map, but could be that it is bugged. You could report your issue on the issue tracker: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/list
Be sure to include a savegame of before you destroy the heart.

Or post it here, and have people see if you did something wrong or if the game is bugged.

Lionel90
February 12th, 2015, 17:47
Here it is:
https://mega.co.nz/#!8t0CRTyQ!jLwSpha0VFRlVZCgv2J-n62SH65L7t6X5k1Ppa6wFEk

YourMaster
February 12th, 2015, 22:54
I could reproduce your issue.
Funny, I never had a dead imp in my hand. Had the egg icon.

YourMaster
February 19th, 2015, 17:47
I'm using the 0.4.5 version + nightly build 1582

It is fixed in 0.4.5.1596

Lionel90
February 20th, 2015, 19:58
Many thanks for the hard work.

Also in the final map, I couldn't do the "clone creature" trick. but i won't report this since it's not a playability issue.
I almost completed the campaign, it's tough and fun.

YourMaster
February 20th, 2015, 21:23
Mefisto did the hard work of course,...

There is indeed a recent change where you no longer 'capture' on friendly fire, making that exploit impossible.

momes
August 2nd, 2022, 16:34
hallo ich habe keine Ahnung vielleicht mit dem Editor nachbearbeiten so das es ausgeglichener ist.
aber sag mal wie startet man das spiel
habe folgenden pfad erstellt

C / P86 /Bull.../ DK2 / ...... Data\editor\campgns

in Campgns habe ich die 4 Ordner und die .cfg

bei der verknüpfung DK2 habe ich noch nichts eingetragen.

habe DK2 1.8 Deutsch

den keeperfx 049 habe ich runder geladen aber noch nichts gemacht.

wie bekomme ich das spiel zum laufen.
und wie startet man es.

Danke

momes
August 2nd, 2022, 16:41
ach ja manchmal ist man zu blöd. habe jetzt alles danke

YourMaster
August 2nd, 2022, 18:25
Ancient Keeper, KeeperFX are for DK1. You have DK2.