PDA

View Full Version : Adikted user levels don't load

VincentKeeper
March 12th, 2011, 14:08
Hi,

I've used Adikted before, so I know how it works. However, I have Windows Vista installed now and I have done everything correctly (making DK1 run without the CD), I'm running it using DOSBOX. I have no problem creating user levels in Adikted. I've saved them im the right directory and they aren't read-only. I've overwritten level 1 with my user level. After starting DK1 and selecting level 1, however, I simply get the "loading disk image'. It just stays there and my level doesn't load. I've also tried tons of different txt documents with different parameters for the level.

Can someone please help?

Ogre
March 12th, 2011, 16:31
Any information regarding your problem can be re-directed to these threads, hope it helps.

http://keeperklan.com/threads/1719-READ-FIRST! http://keeperklan.com/threads/1666-How-to-get-the-official-editor-to-work-with-KeeperFX

VincentKeeper
March 12th, 2011, 22:26
Hmm... I'm using Adikted, not the official Level Editor.

Besides, is it really necessary to install KeeperFX or are there other ppl using Adikted with Vista and Dosbox without any problems?

Thanks for your help

Ogre
March 12th, 2011, 23:20
Due to the age of the game it is recommended you use KeeperFX as it fixes most issues and work on modern Windows systems both 64-bit and 32-bit.

Don't expect help for Dungeon Keeper 1, as the game is simply too old. p

mefistotelis
March 13th, 2011, 17:36
I am the one who made ADiKtEd, and I'm now working on KeeperFX. If you like ADiKtEd why don't you try another of my projects?

If KeeperFX will hang, the LOG file will contain enough data to trace the reason. With original DK, we can't be sure what's the problem. And it has a lot more possible hang causes than KeeperFX.

VincentKeeper
March 18th, 2011, 00:20
I am the one who made ADiKtEd, and I'm now working on KeeperFX. If you like ADiKtEd why don't you try another of my projects?

If KeeperFX will hang, the LOG file will contain enough data to trace the reason. With original DK, we can't be sure what's the problem. And it has a lot more possible hang causes than KeeperFX.

Okay, I'll think about it.
It's just that the original DK1 runs perfectly on Vista with DosBox, so I didn't see the nead to download another program until now..

I managed to get adikted to work with a little tweaks, but now all the corridors turned into "see-through" gold blocks... ;)

MaxHayman
March 18th, 2011, 18:38
KeeperFX is only 388mb ish. Contains all the features of normal DK, many more custom campaigns. Support for the product..... and a multiplayer feature. Why would u use DOSbox when u can run it nativly?

dotted
March 19th, 2011, 07:37
KeeperFX is only 200mb ish. Contains all the features of normal DK, many more custom campaigns. Support for the product..... and a multiplayer feature. Why would u use DOSbox when u can run it nativly?

Its almost 400MB rather

MaxHayman
March 19th, 2011, 18:39
I said 388mb ish :p

Metal Gear Rex
March 19th, 2011, 18:40

Not in your original post, you edited it just now >.>

dotted
March 20th, 2011, 03:32

Good thing i quoted your unedited post ;)