PDA

View Full Version : Finishing Lvl 20, Classic Campaign

Lotex
March 14th, 2011, 00:44
Howdy,

it's me again with a problem finishing Lvl 20 of the classic campaign.
I did everything that's neccessary to complete the mission, but i cannot end it because there seems to be a monster of the blue keeper left.
I thought it doesn't matter, but it does so i think that's the reason for me to not being able to complete the mission
I don't think it's because of some lonely heroes roaming my dungeon because i dug away absolutely everything and i couldn't find him/her/whatever

I also tried to destroy my own dungeon heart for no reason, but that logically wasn't really successful
Another thing that surprised me were the ingame messages, there was nothing like the avatar has been ressurected and so on after taking over the first one and now at the end, the question mark message just says "moo"

Metal Gear Rex
March 14th, 2011, 02:50
Howdy,

Hi.

it's me again with a problem finishing Lvl 20 of the classic campaign.
I did everything that's neccessary to complete the mission, but i cannot end it because there seems to be a monster of the blue keeper left.
I thought it doesn't matter, but it does so i think that's the reason for me to not being able to complete the mission

It doesn't matter, you don't need to defeat the Blue Keeper to win Level 20, you simply must kill all Heroes.

I don't think it's because of some lonely heroes roaming my dungeon because i dug away absolutely everything and i couldn't find him/her/whatever

Try checking around the spawning points for a Fairy stuck in the ceiling or something. That happened to me during my first time playing. You know that one little Hero Fort area to the East of the Gem Rocks where you can find an Increase Level (I think) Special? Check there for a Fairy, I remember seeing one right there.

I also tried to destroy my own dungeon heart for no reason, but that logically wasn't really successful

Lol

Another thing that surprised me were the ingame messages, there was nothing like the avatar has been ressurected and so on after taking over the first one and now at the end, the question mark message just says "moo"

I've looked through the text file and I know there are a number of text messages that say "Moo". I believe they're placeholders for messages and ended up never being used. Why you're getting a message like that though is confusing, that shouldn't be. Perhaps your text file is messed up or even the script file for your level 20.

DragonsLover
March 14th, 2011, 16:18
You're using my unofficial patch aren't you?

Because in it, you HAVE to defeat the Blue Keeper. However, I know a bug in KeeperFX where the enemy Keeper seems to be able to keep one of his creatures in his hand, even after being defeated, and therefore, it is impossible to kill that creature forever... This has to be fixed. You can either load a previous saved game and try again or alter the level script to avoid checking for the TOTAL_CREATURES for the Blue Keeper and restart the level from the beginning (from the land screen).

As for the "Moo", it's because you're using the original English text file of the game. My patch is supposed to have an improved version of it and should have new texts to display (one for the Avatar being dead, one for the Avatar being imprisoned and one that tells to defeat the Blue Keeper).

I know it's a mess right now. This is because Mefisto used the level files of my patch without thinking to take the text file as well. Once my patch is gonna be done, I'll send it and will be able for the next release of KeeperFX.

Lotex
March 16th, 2011, 21:24
i looked up the txt for lvl 20 and found this passage:

IF(PLAYER1,TOTAL_CREATURES == 0)
IF(PLAYER1,DUNGEON_DESTROYED == 1)
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(172,PLAYER0)
WIN_GAME
ENDIF
ENDIF

so yes, i think i downloaded your patch (if it was that one from the ai issues thread, that's the only thing i remember)

it doesn't take that long to play that level again, but since i only have 1 save of that campaign (and this one is already overwritten), i won't finish the mission this time but it's not that bad, i played dungeon keeper for about 10 times already

Mothrayas
March 16th, 2011, 21:47
What's the point of all of Blue's units supposed to be killed/converted as well as Blue's heart being destroyed, anyway? When you destroy the Dungeon Heart, the creatures become useless anyway.

Metal Gear Rex
March 16th, 2011, 21:53
What's the point of all of Blue's units supposed to be killed/converted as well as Blue's heart being destroyed, anyway? When you destroy the Dungeon Heart, the creatures become useless anyway.

Sometimes due to AI, computer players will keep dropping their Creatures into their Lairs before they can leave. Your Creatures won't fight the Creatures still, and the game will think the computer has units still around.

Basically, if that happens, you're screwed.

Mothrayas
March 16th, 2011, 22:56
That basically proves my point: why does blue's total creature count need to be zero to win? Just having his heart destroyed should suffice.

DragonsLover
March 17th, 2011, 20:12
That's why I said

alter the level script to avoid checking for the TOTAL_CREATURES for the Blue Keeper and restart the level from the beginning (from the land screen).

As for why, well, I would consider rather normal for a final level to have NO enemy creatures remaining on the actual level, even though the heart is destroyed. Don't forget that you can still imprison them.

For now, it's not my fault: it's a bug that should be fixed, because normally, when a heart is destroyed, the number of creatures should drop to 0 in the next seconds. Something should be done to actually "remove" the creatures in the Keeper's hand once his dungeon heart is destroyed.

Montar
February 3rd, 2014, 13:06
Hi. I seem to have the exact same problem here.

Once my patch is gonna be done, I'll send it and will be able for the next release of KeeperFX.

So... Is your patch still coming? :)

DragonsLover
February 3rd, 2014, 23:14
Not yet, but you can easily modify the level script to avoid the bug happening. Just search for, IF(PLAYER1, TOTAL_CREATURES == 0) and delete it along with its corresponding ENDIF.