PDA

View Full Version : Loving it

Skyman
March 16th, 2011, 19:18
Hey everyone,

I've only recently found this project and website and I must say that I'm very happy to see a community that is dedicated to modding Dungeon Keeper 1 :). I've always liked DK1 more than DK2 and tbh I never bothered dl'ing DK2 again ever, always DK1.

The work you've put into this is really making the game so much more fun for me and the new campaigns and maps are also much much fun. Also the fact that you may change the code of the game text-editor-style adds so much to the enjoyment for me :)

I encountered a bug where my units were unable to attack or cast spells ridiculously early in the game with a few units. Not being a complete tool I searched for similar topics which thought me that the devs made a patch to fix to address that problem. I'm going to patch first chance I get and enjoy the game to it's full extend :)

I'm a bit of a classic games remake fan and also am very involved in the community around a remake of the dune 2 game called Dune 2 The Golden Path and that has got players playing multiplayer games almost always. I'm not adverstising that here btw, let that be clear. What I'm trying to get to is that we have a Steam Group which allows people to join and become friends really easy.

Is it at all desirable to set up a similar multiplayer gaming structure nin a Steam Group to enable and arrange people to easily connect and work together setting up MP games :) The link to this example is: URL="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dune2Online[/URL]. It was very cool to play a classic RTS with true fans online. I would love to play a MP game of DK1 sometime, I've never had that privilage. Can we work towards this or am I getting over-exited? :giant:

So basically the idea of this thread was to add a positive thread to this forums, paying homage to this game!! I'm having fun! :thief:

THANKS

Skyman
The Netherlands