PDA

View Full Version : Skyman's Adikted question thread

Skyman
March 24th, 2011, 10:24
Hi,

I'm learning the Adikted editor and I'm having a lot of fun with it :)

My question, when placing creatures in things mode (TAB + c) is it possible somehow to set their 'gold held'?

I would love to know :)

thank you in advance!

Metal Gear Rex
March 24th, 2011, 10:31
Gold Held cannot be set on Creatures existing on the map from the start of the game. They can only be added to Creatures that are added to the map through the "ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL" command or through Hero Parties. So basically only through the script.

Skyman
March 24th, 2011, 10:35
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it would be that way but now I know for sure :)

Nice of you to help out.

Skyman
March 25th, 2011, 09:40
Hi,

I remember in the original DK1 campaign that at water areas there would be water drops/leaks that make sounds and display a dripping animation. A similar effect is alse present on lava tiles with little fireballs jumping around.

Is there a way to place these doodads in the THING tab?

thank anyone being kind enough to help out! :)

Metal Gear Rex
March 25th, 2011, 09:51
Hi,

I remember in the original DK1 campaign that at water areas there would be water drops/leaks that make sounds and display a dripping animation. A similar effect is alse present on lava tiles with little fireballs jumping around.

Is there a way to place these doodads in the THING tab?

thank anyone being kind enough to help out! :)

I don't exactly remember the button, but there is a button (i think it might be e) that will place one of those effects. Try pressing F1 and you'll see a list of commands that can be used within each mode/tab, that really helps when it comes to learning what Adkited can do.

Skyman
March 25th, 2011, 10:03
Thanks I'll check it out. The manual and Wiki already tought me a lot :)

Occasionally I'll ask here because the best editors are here :)

Btw do you have SteaM?

Metal Gear Rex
March 25th, 2011, 10:04
Btw do you have SteaM?

No I do not. All I got is skype.

I must you what you're making with Adkited, I'm very curious. Or are you just trying to get the hang of Adkited atm?

Skyman
March 25th, 2011, 10:29
I've made a few tryout maps already

terrain, rooms, creatures = 100% understood
things: almost fully understood
scriptng: starting to learn
campaing building: haven't learned yet

I'm thinking of making a map series (campaing) with a name such as 'long live the King' or 'Kings Quest' where you must destroy evil and keep your avatar alive. I use the max level script to keep him at a low level initialy but that is just 1 map ;)

Learning more and more every day.

I've been one of the best mappers in SC1:Brood war community back then and was awesome scripter and mapper (even though I say so myself)

Also made Dune 2 maps and Warcraft 3 maps.

My best starcraft map I believe:
http://forums.starcraft.org/threads/28209-Enter-the-Hydra-RPG

A video (crap quality) of a horror/alien map I made for sc:BW

I love mapping and learing editors...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_gdCU5uW0

My best War3 map:
http://www.mapgnome.org/map-info/439306

Some of my Dune 2 maps:
http://dune2.krizik.com/index.php?topic=361.0

I would love to be invited to make maps for Keeper FX and WFTO :D

Duke Ragereaver
March 25th, 2011, 16:44
I have merged the threads together, it's better to have 1 thread with 10 questions rather than to have a thread for every question. :)

Skyman
March 26th, 2011, 11:25
Thanks, that's a good idea.

Skyman
March 27th, 2011, 19:32
Are there variables that you may use in scripts that say
IF
Player0 lost 1 Avatar
LOSE GAME

or something like that

so that when your starting avatar dies, you can trigger an action..

would love to hear :)

Metal Gear Rex
March 27th, 2011, 19:59
IF(PLAYER0,AVATAR==0)
LOSE_GAME
ENDIF

There's also:

IF(PLAYER0,BATTLES_LOST==1)
LOSE_GAME
ENDIF

Careful with that second one though. Imps count too...

Skyman
March 29th, 2011, 16:36
Thanks for your help (again ^^)
More Questions:
1. is there a way to make a campaign? So you can link levels through an interface (like the landscape in original campaign)?
2. When I save my (supercool) level I get a map 2011.03.24 something name in teh free play section, is there a way to name your map properly?
3. In spell Availability there I did not allow the AI to research or use LIGHTNING spell? Is there a way to FORBID it?

thank you in advance

Duke Ragereaver
March 29th, 2011, 16:55
1. is there a way to make a campaign? So you can link levels through an interface (like the landscape in original campaign)?

You can override the original campaign. But creating a whole new interface in Dungeon Keeper, no. Although you can request Mefistotelis if he can make such a thing in KeeperFX.

2. When I save my (supercool) level I get a map 2011.03.24 something name in teh free play section, is there a way to name your map properly?

Go to your levels folder, search and open the LIF-file. And change the ''2011.03.24'' map thingie to whatever you like.

3. In spell Availability there I did not allow the AI to research or use LIGHTNING spell? Is there a way to FORBID it?

The AI can cheat and may decide to use the Lightning spell regardless of he owns it legally or not, and zap your Creatures with it. :(

Skyman
March 29th, 2011, 17:00
Thx brooo

About the Campaign making.

In keeper FX there are more than 1 campaing that can be chosen from. Is there a way to achieve this?

thx

Duke Ragereaver
March 29th, 2011, 17:08
In keeper FX there are more than 1 campaing that can be chosen from.

There are about a dozen or so campaigns in KeeperFX.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Achieve what? I'm sorry?

mefistotelis
March 30th, 2011, 07:16
In keeper FX there are more than 1 campaing that can be chosen from. Is there a way to achieve this?

Sure, you just have to make CFG file for the new campaign. A KeeperFX campaign consists of:
- The actual maps
- RAW images with the land view changing while you progress in the campaign
- WAV files storing voice descriptions of each land, before and after it's beaten
- The CFG file which bounds all the elements together