PDA

View Full Version : Toughest AI

Duke Ragereaver
March 28th, 2011, 16:57
In your own opinion: on what DK1 maps can you find the strongest enemy AI Keepers? Please explain why when nominating one.

My own 2 nominations:

Level 20 original campaign Blue Keeper: Thanks to some clever map designs you would run into him atleast a couple of times. Worse, he has Creatures you cannot obtain, such as Warlocks, Dark Mistresses and Vampires. If you run into his territory, there is a big chance many of your Creatures get diseased, cursed into a chicken, squashed by boulder traps or beaten by his powerful Creatures.
Level 6 Undead Keeper Blue Keeper: Yea I know, it might be not the most humble statement to pick something of my own work. But the fact remains that Bane (Blue Keeper) is a powerful foe to contend with. 40 Creatures, even among them Horned Reapers and Vampires and a well defended dungeon.

Mothrayas
March 28th, 2011, 19:03
Surprisingly, Original Campaign Level 8 Blue Keeper... if it decides to go for the gold and gems, which it rarely does, is one of the most competent AIs I have seen.

There's also the Original Campaign Level 16 Blue Keeper, especially if it decides to go for the offense early. It doesn't help that getting decent creatures is hard in that level, although two horned reapers right off the bat obviously help you out a lot.

Enemy keepers also become scarily competent in general if you start adding Heroes to their attraction lists and creature pool. Especially with Barbarians and Samurai.

Searingflame2
March 29th, 2011, 12:56
Level 10 blue keeper.

Assuming one does not transfer a creature from 9 and the AI keeper plays aggressively, you'll be bridged to rather quickly and find yourself contending with a much stronger force of creatures - and there isn't anything you can do but try and claim and sell the bridge. Lose the bridge and it isn't difficult to lose the map.

Lotex
April 4th, 2011, 04:42
In your own opinion: on what DK1 maps can you find the strongest enemy AI Keepers? Please explain why when nominating one.

My own 2 nominations:

Level 20 original campaign Blue Keeper: Thanks to some clever map designs you would run into him atleast a couple of times. Worse, he has Creatures you cannot obtain, such as Warlocks, Dark Mistresses and Vampires. If you run into his territory, there is a big chance many of your Creatures get diseased, cursed into a chicken, squashed by boulder traps or beaten by his powerful Creatures.

well, you know there's a cheap way like icapturing the avatar, open the door and just destroy his heart with a dragon or another ranged unit.
if you don't use this method, it could be hard to win - but if you assume both avatars, it's just a run, hit and heal thing because the avatar can take lots of hits, is immune to chicken and, the most important thing - he is immune to boulder traps, too.
if neither the 1st nor the 2nd method is your cup of tea, it will be pretty hard but if you take lots of prisoners and make them join your army, you should be able to handle it.
the worst thing about this strategie is to get a good starting point plus it takes LOTS of time

Shogun
April 4th, 2011, 06:15

My own 2 nominations:

Level 6 Undead Keeper Blue Keeper: Yea I know, it might be not the most humble statement to pick something of my own work. But the fact remains that Bane (Blue Keeper) is a powerful foe to contend with. 40 Creatures, even among them Horned Reapers and Vampires and a well defended dungeon.

Forgive my ignorance if your referring to another version but I have never come across a "Blue Keeper" in DK1, is this for the deeper dungeons or something else? I have only ever seen pale pink or green coloured enemy keepers in my travels.

Shogun :samurai:

Mothrayas
April 4th, 2011, 06:41
There are light blue colored keepers in the game appearing since level 5 of the original game. I don't see where you got pale pink keepers from.

Shogun
April 4th, 2011, 06:58
There are light blue colored keepers in the game appearing since level 5 of the original game. I don't see where you got pale pink keepers from.

Ive played my original DK one disc on my old IBM and my more recent HP laptop, the only colours I've ever seen is pale pink/purple and Green, bright white for heros. Could It be a different version? What colours can you be in Multiplayer?

Here's a screen shot showing the lavender colour opposing keeper
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Zeus440/Dk1game.jpg

Mothrayas
April 4th, 2011, 07:16
That 'pale pink/purple/lavender' is actually light blue.

Shogun
April 4th, 2011, 07:32

Fair enough.

Duke Ragereaver
April 4th, 2011, 15:39
well, you know there's a cheap way like icapturing the avatar, open the door and just destroy his heart with a dragon or another ranged unit.
if you don't use this method, it could be hard to win - but if you assume both avatars, it's just a run, hit and heal thing because the avatar can take lots of hits, is immune to chicken and, the most important thing - he is immune to boulder traps, too.
if neither the 1st nor the 2nd method is your cup of tea, it will be pretty hard but if you take lots of prisoners and make them join your army, you should be able to handle it.
the worst thing about this strategie is to get a good starting point plus it takes LOTS of time

Cheap, yes, very. Satisfying, absolutely not!

Krizzie
April 4th, 2011, 16:31

Well it's sertainly not blue (in DK2 you have a blue AI) but somehow they called it blue. Maybe a colorblind person made the scripts haha. :p

Ontopic:

I agree with al the mentioned maps I think the Keeper from level 19 is mentionable too, if you attack him head on.

DragonsLover
April 4th, 2011, 16:53
Yes, it's blue.
You have Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. Note however that Yellow keeper has a purple dot on their walls. This is because I guess it was the colour planned for the fourth keeper, but they finally decided to turn it to yellow but have forgot to change that texture.

Krizzie
April 4th, 2011, 17:40
Funny note in the Editor the Walls are Yellow.

DragonsLover
April 4th, 2011, 21:30
Not for all the textures. Switch the texture set by pressing T and some of them will show a purple dot. This really gonna be fixed. I guess I'll do it.

Also, if you place a Guard Post in Plan mode, what's written for the Guard Post flag? ;)

EDIT: Alright. Textures and editor fixed. No more purple now. File below.