PDA

View Full Version : Horny as a creature

dk2player
September 22nd, 2009, 00:30
Hey guys

Me and another person have an idea to make a map with Horny as a normal creature. Is there any way that we can do this?

Metal Gear Rex
September 22nd, 2009, 11:49
If you have the DK2 Editor PRO, then it is possible. I got it from the other Keeper Klan Forum. When you go to the creature configure, you will find a checkable "Is Horny?". Uncheck it for the Horned Reaper, and find a creature that will not be used in the map.

You might want to use one of the Princes because they are all alike. Check the "Is Horny?" on the extra creature. The reason why is because the "Summon Horny" keeper spell shot type is "Summon Reaper". The game needs to have a "Horny" to have summon, otherwise, it will bug out when you start the level. It doesn't care who is "Horny", as long as one has the data of one.

dk2player
September 22nd, 2009, 15:11
But then how do you make it come out of the portal and do regular creature stuff?

Hapuga
September 22nd, 2009, 16:42
But then how do you make it come out of the portal and do regular creature stuff?

That needs programming skills I'm afraid. You have to change game values to make him appear when certain room is built, for example.

Metal Gear Rex
September 22nd, 2009, 17:52
Actually, all you really need is either get all the creatures to appear in the creature portal settings in the editor (It happens randomly, I've had it happen few times but it was way later on and now it seems to happen every time I start up a new map)...

OR...

You can get the DK2 Mapper GUI editor. It allows you to have control of all creatures. You'll have to compress the data and create the other proper DK2 files in order to load it up again in the DK2 Editor. I've gotten skeletons and vampires to come through the portal. I think Horny too, but it was a different experiment. I've succeeded, and I've failed. Really, everything must be precise for the success.

Madkill
September 22nd, 2009, 18:39
You can just make it so you start with a Level 1 Horned Reaper :spider:

The point of the map is to have it as a creature so there is no point in having it come via portal when the intention is to get it anyway. :spider:

Metal Gear Rex
September 22nd, 2009, 20:11
You can just make it so you start with a Level 1 Horned Reaper :spider:

The point of the map is to have it as a creature so there is no point in having it come via portal when the intention is to get it anyway. :spider:

Actually, he did ask that.

And I must have forgotten to mention, but Horny being invincible and going after enemies as well as draining your mana (Properties of that from Keeper Spell) and everything else special about him comes from the data set that makes him 'Horny'.

If you were to use the Summon Reaper spell after you're done, the extra creature would show up and hack enemies while wasting your mana. So yeah, just uncheck Horny's "Is Horny?" and he will be a normal creature.

If the creature portal doesn't work, you can always use scripted generate creature commands. Don't forget about neutral and converting creatures too.

Hapuga
September 22nd, 2009, 20:41
This will cause many bugs and crashes, however. there are neither animations nor sounds for things like horny eating chicken, sleeping, hanging in the hand of evil, gambling, getting andgy, unhappy, comming form the portal, dying, being unconscious, dancing, etc.

dk2player
September 22nd, 2009, 23:24
I thought ou would have to change like about a billion things in the properties of the creature before it worked.

And I was thinking about the GUI, but then you can't edit the world varibles like horny spell casting a diffrent creature, without something not being saved.

By the way, where can I find the editor pro you were talking about. I can only find a post with pictures of it on the old forum.

Metal Gear Rex
September 22nd, 2009, 23:35
@Harpuga
Believe me, it works. Have you listened to the Horned Reaper speech file? I have (Bored one day). There IS a eating sound as well as sleeping. The animation just shows him walking. It works perfectly fine.

@dk2player
Not really. It was really simple. Though you may want to check the "Can be picked up" though, lol. And it is set so he doesn't eat. There are a few settings for Horny you might want to go through and change.

All you have to do on the GUI is set the keeper creature portal settings, then save and compress it. Then you can open it up after in the Official Editor, or DK2 Editor Pro, I should say.

I'll look for it in a little bit. Let me check the other new posts first. There are only 7, and only one is one I care about so... yeah.

Metal Gear Rex
September 22nd, 2009, 23:43
Found it.
http://keeper.lubie.org/tools/dk2_bfeditor_pro.zip
Unzip this in the same folder as the normal Editor.

dk2player
September 23rd, 2009, 00:45
but why do I need to check "is Horny, when I can change the spell so it casts a diffrent creature. I did that in one map, were most of the spells like sight of evil and summon reaper creautred creatures like 2 roal guards and 3 vampires

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2009, 08:41
Create the map with it checked as usual, and you'll see what I mean. Uncheck it, and it will bug out. That is why you must check the "Is Horny?" on another creature. Play the map, and that creature will show up. Also, if you beat a level with the Portal Gem, then you will see that new 'extra' creature show up to collect it. Though it is weird because they don't have all the right animations. Don't worry, it doesn't bug out. I tried it to get Horny as a creature in campaign modes. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I like doing all kinds of experiments with DK1 and DK2.

----
Edit
----

Oh, and don't forget to send me a copy of the level when you're done with it, and it works as you want it.

Hapuga
September 23rd, 2009, 10:46
@Harpuga
Believe me, it works. Have you listened to the Horned Reaper speech file? I have (Bored one day). There IS a eating sound as well as sleeping. The animation just shows him walking. It works perfectly fine.

I make my assumption on the fact that Meshes.Wad, a file that contains all graphical data for all creatures, rooms and objects, doe snot contain these elements.

natchoguy
October 6th, 2009, 03:16
I tried downloading all editors and NONE WORK!!!!! *sob*

Metal Gear Rex
October 6th, 2009, 03:55
Where did you unzip them?

natchoguy
October 6th, 2009, 20:13
winrar into one of my folders

Metal Gear Rex
October 7th, 2009, 00:20
I meant the editors... DK2 Editor Pro and Official need to be in the editor folder, it is the folder maps is in.

Hapuga
October 26th, 2009, 12:35
This data is stored in the "Globals" file. Unfortunately DK2 1.3 does not recognize it =(

natchoguy
November 15th, 2009, 03:42
My editor WORKS!!!!!! Sorry, just had to say it. Anyways, to get horned reapers I go to the sacrifice menu and setting it to- Dark Angel, vampire, *something else*. Kinda like in DK1 except you have the choice to loose valuable fighters and get a better one or keep them.

Metal Gear Rex
November 15th, 2009, 07:40
My editor WORKS!!!!!! Sorry, just had to say it. Anyways, to get horned reapers I go to the sacrifice menu and setting it to- Dark Angel, vampire, *something else*. Kinda like in DK1 except you have the choice to loose valuable fighters and get a better one or keep them.

Read what I got before. Sacrifices can't be changed, they revert back to defaults after you close the map. No matter how many times you hit save.

natchoguy
November 15th, 2009, 15:45
OK- I did many experiments with horny and found out that he could pray, train, guard, research (except that he wont make any progress), mine. These were are all the stuff which HAVE ANIMATIONS. These are the stuff WITHOUT ANIMATIONS:claim walls, lay unconscious on ground, being tortured drag bodies.

natchoguy
November 15th, 2009, 18:01
With my results i'm trying to make a hell level. I'll try to post it when finished

natchoguy
December 13th, 2009, 03:00
Hey, I found out how to get Horny on the map without him already on the map:D except that it's a pretty weird way...