PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Master

Enker-Zan
March 30th, 2011, 22:36
This is a simple change MOD to make the original levels (or any other levels) extremely hard to test your skills as a Dungeon Keeper. Currently this MOD only really supports the Original DK1 levels (minus the bonus stages), I have not tested this MOD for Deeper Dungeons. If you wish to try your skills on the Deeper Dungeons Levels, feel free, and give me feedback on how well you do.

Dungeon Master 1.3:

Dungeon Master 1.2:

DK1Ed:
http://www.fileplanet.com/159843/150000/fileinfo/Dungeon-Keeper----Game-Settings-Editor

Edit 9/20/11:

Dungeon Master 1.3 is complete. Sorry for the wait, lots of real life stuff to do deal with. That, and I lost my readme file I worked heavily on.

New Features:

-All 20 original DK levels (minus bonus stages), have been modified.
-Minor tweaks to the creatures.txt.
-Minor bug fixes to the exisiting changes to the creatures.txt.

Any other details I haven't listed are on the README, happy Hardcore Dungeon Keeping!:horny:

Mothrayas
April 4th, 2011, 21:37
Should probably be moved to DK1 section somewhere as this is not a standalone game, it's a DK1 mod.

Enker-Zan
April 5th, 2011, 10:49
Oh, didn't know, sorry.

Has anyone tried this yet? Feeback would be most awesome on gameplay.

Also, do you guys know of any other sites like this one that I could upload this to?

Duke Ragereaver
April 6th, 2011, 21:59
Moved to DK1 section.

Lotex
April 7th, 2011, 02:54
might be that i'm too stupid right now because it's already late, but how do i choose the dk1 directory? i extracted both data to the keeperfx directory, started the editor and tried to select the directory, but there's no ok button or something like that and double clicks don't work

clawcity
April 7th, 2011, 09:31
I couldn't get past the first level. The price per tile for Hatchery has been increased to 4000 instead of 125. Since the trigger for heros to arrive is a 9 square Hatchery, and there isn't this much money on the map, it's made it impossible to progress.

Skyman
April 7th, 2011, 09:55
Lol srsly? How is this a proper mod then, that's just bad.. :D

Enker-Zan
April 7th, 2011, 13:13
might be that i'm too stupid right now because it's already late, but how do i choose the dk1 directory? i extracted both data to the keeperfx directory, started the editor and tried to select the directory, but there's no ok button or something like that and double clicks don't work]

That's actualy a glitch for some people, I sometimes had to back all the way to the KEEPER folder and then reselect it to work.

I couldn't get past the first level. The price per tile for Hatchery has been increased to 4000 instead of 125. Since the trigger for heros to arrive is a 9 square Hatchery, and there isn't this much money on the map, it's made it impossible to progress.

I said it was hard on the README lol, you need to be very careful with the building of rooms. you can build up to 9 squares of Hatchery. The trick there is not to build a huge lair.

Lol srsly? How is this a proper mod then, that's just bad..
It's just hard as hell, I made it that way cuz this game was too easy, give it a try and test your skill. :-)

Skyman
April 7th, 2011, 14:29
That is quite the challenge indeed

Enker-Zan
April 11th, 2011, 10:03
Anyone getting far in this? Or even trying it? :-)

clawcity
April 22nd, 2011, 15:43
Turns out there was gold in my Treasury that wasn't actually IN my treasury. I tried the level a few times and my brainless Imps left it lying there every time. Once I manually picked it up and dropped it all was well.

The mod has made things more challenging. I had to adapt my standard method of play and actually plan what I was doing, which I haven't had to do in years. The inflated cost of rooms merely slowed my progress when playing against other keepers, as long as I could wall myself in with some gems it wasn't a problem. But in levels with limited resources I found myself having to limit my room sizes and actually ration which rooms I built. Deciding when to break out when heroes were present actually became an important decision.
The heroes are certainly tougher. In some levels I had my butt royally handed to me and had to restart a couple of times since they seriously outclassed my creatures. I rediscovered my love for Boulder Traps :) In the final level it took forever to beat the Avatar even with an army of level 10 dragons and a couple of Hornys.
Forget about creating an army of converted heroes. The cost of training and paying them is massive lol. And since most of them were healing in prison I couldn't even get skeletons out of them.
I found the Warlocks teleporting to be irritating since they kept buggering off during fights, though it was useful for getting them quickly back to researching on payday.
Overall I did enjoy the mod and I'll certainly give the next version a go once it's finished.

Enker-Zan
April 23rd, 2011, 13:10
Thank you for your feedback, I am working on a hotfix for 1.2 because some of my 1.1 changes were still present and were never fixed. This was discovered while working on 1.3 (which is about 1/3 of the way complete) More feedback is much appreciated from you all, thanks!

Enker-Zan
June 8th, 2011, 08:48
UPDATE: i have been very busy with real life stuff, I had to put this project on hold temporarily, will get back to it soon. If anyone has any questions feel free to post, I check the forums often.

Enker-Zan
September 21st, 2011, 00:29
DM 1.3 is out, view the 1st post for info, thanks.

natchoguy
September 22nd, 2011, 02:04
I'm interested; how did you create the mod only by changing variables or is there something else?

I currently aren't playing dungeon keeper but I did some time ago (had to reboot then was lazy). I'll make sure to try it when I start again. In fact, ask metifolis (hope I got it right) to add it into keeper FX as a separate campaign.

Enker-Zan
September 22nd, 2011, 22:53
Changing variables is pretty much the whole MOD, unless you count level editing as another. :-)

You can play this MOD without having to use Keeper FX if you wanted to. I made it for standard DK at the time by request because KFX wasn't that stable at the time.

Enker-Zan
December 5th, 2011, 11:44
To those dozen+ people who messaged me about the progress: Yes I am still working on it, however I have been EXTREMELY busy as of late. I plan on attempting an update sometime in January when things go better for me. I am also still waiting for my 3 play testers to finish Deeper Dungeons to confirm that it is playable, so I can start my next phase in editing. :-)

tazz
January 19th, 2012, 17:52
Dam i love this mod compleated it twise now on difrend ways had a hard time on 1 of the maps becurse of the heavely paday for herros :D dont rember lvl but think it is lvl 15

but a nice chance to test out skills :D

just love the new skills on :lord:

Enker-Zan
February 1st, 2012, 22:12
Glad you like it tazz.

Small update, progress is coming along, it's gonna take alot of work to make this beatable for Deeper Dungeons. My 3 testers were raging harder than the Call of Duty psycho. That expansion was definantly designed to make people cry... Even more so on this MOD. I will keep updating if something comes up. :-)

Enker-Zan
May 9th, 2012, 05:18
Just our luck, another PC has died with the latest changes and development, this MOD is gonna be put on hold untill we find a replacement machine. >.<

tazz
November 8th, 2012, 19:45
any news ? :)