PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper 1 level editing

Shogun
March 30th, 2011, 22:57
Hello all,
I've been reading alot of the threads on here since I joined recently and most of it is over my head, so forgive me if I asking stupid questions or re-hashing old info. I have been playing the game since it first came out, I think my old trusty disc will give up soon, I've played it as standard for years and know all the levels back to front, while looking for this forum I found a "cheat" where you can edit the creature file in the data folder, I messed around with the gold values and room prices thinking it would give me the upper hand, but it actually made the enemy respectively harder to beat, which was a nice surprise because its been a while since this game has given me a run for my money!

My real question is, do any of you know of some easy mods I can make to make the game more interesting/challenging. Im a novice with computing really so you'll have to spell it out.

Thanks

Shogun

Ogre
March 31st, 2011, 11:40
There is always KeeperFX, it has some pretty damn challenging campaigns with it (Ancient Keeper, Twin Keepers for example), you can find it here: http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

It als o has the Deeper Dungeons expansion if you haven't tried it, it got some challenging maps.

And no, you don't need the original DK installed for KeeperFX to work, it's stand-alone nowadays.

Shogun
April 1st, 2011, 01:05
Ok cool, no I've only ever played DK 1&2, do I just down load from the link?

Shogun

Ogre
April 1st, 2011, 11:25
Yes and extract it to the folder you want, don't forget to download the latest patch also. 0.38c is the latest, to patch it just unpack the patch and overwrite where you extracted the complete version of KeeperFX