PDA

View Full Version : Strange Error in Map, Error from KeeperFX?

Metal Gear Rex
April 1st, 2011, 03:26
I made a map that has a bit of a My Pet Dungeon thing going on for it. There are supposed to be Hero Parties spawning through certain conditions. Upon entering the map, those Hero Parties are infinitely spawning, regardless of the conditions met.

It isn't an error in the script, as one may first think. I checked the script, did a count on how many times I used a certain commands, yet I broke no limits. What made me realize it was something in FX was that I tried it in an (much) earlier version of KeeperFX and the map worked properly.

I used version 0.37c which is where the problem was. I don't have 0.38 on that computer, but I'm fairly positive the error will repeat in 0.38. The log didn't help much, only errors that were being created were related to me hitting the Creature Limit due to the rapidly spawning Heroes. I haven't tried the debug log though.

Look at the map, run it and right at the beginning should you see Heroes spawning rapidly from the Hero Gate to the south. (Yeah I used Flowerhat + Edits but the map was a test to see if everything would work)

mefistotelis
April 2nd, 2011, 09:59
Found the problem and fixed.

Players which were not initialized as human or computer keepers were treated like non-existing, so the game treated them as they had 0 creatures.

In the next version, there will be third kind of player besides human and computer players - the zombie keeper. Zombie keeper won't do anything, but the game will know that it exists.

Metal Gear Rex
April 2nd, 2011, 12:12
Found the problem and fixed.

Players which were not initialized as human or computer keepers were treated like non-existing, so the game treated them as they had 0 creatures.

In the next version, there will be third kind of player besides human and computer players - the zombie keeper. Zombie keeper won't do anything, but the game will know that it exists.

Alrighty then.