PDA

View Full Version : Dk1 vs dk2

dk2player
September 23rd, 2009, 02:16
I know this has been posted about a billion times on the old forum, but now I want to know, which game is better, dk1 or dk2. Some may even vote for both. And don't vote for one because everyone else will, be honest.

Madkill
September 23rd, 2009, 03:37
This is as redundant playing Tic-Tac-Toe.

You can match two games and debate it down to the last bit of code, overall, its ignored because someone's own opinion of what they find a better game is more important to them than anything else.

This is pointless. The votes don't mean anything so hoping to change peoples views towards another game is another pointless ruse.

Locking this now means we have a reason to lock all future dupes at least. :spider:

dk2player
September 23rd, 2009, 03:45
Yes, but why lock it up, its not hurting anybody, we all have the question, and as long as we don't have the same question poping up again and again, we can keep this poll.

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2009, 08:58
Oh crap, not this...

Dungeon Keeper 1 and Dungeon Keeper 2 are two different games. Even if they are prequel and sequel, they were made be different people. They both have different feels to it.

Some may like the creature counterparts in DK2...
and some may not...

Some may like the DK2 graphics...
some may like the DK1 graphics...
some may not even care...

More to the point, there are alot of opinions. Voting for Both is a new option but also pointless. If the point of this topic is to find which is better, then it cancels out its own vote.

There may be a purpose to Both, however, and it would be to show who likes both DK1 and DK2 and cannot decide.

They are both Dungeon Keeper games, so instead of arguing back and forth on which is better when you are too stubborn to admit defeat, why don't you sit back and play the one you like. I don't like wasting time, and what do you prove when you "win"? Someone else is just going to take the "enemy's" place and argue. The only outcome to realize is that it is an opinion, not a fact. Seriously, don't start this, it is just a waste of time.

Hapuga
September 23rd, 2009, 10:43
This is a stupid topic that encourages trolling, flaming and abuse =)

Madkill
September 23rd, 2009, 15:00
Yes, but why lock it up, its not hurting anybody, we all have the question, and as long as we don't have the same question poping up again and again, we can keep this poll.

Locking this now means we have a reason to lock all future dupes at least.

Locking does not mean delete.

Yah Spanner. :spider:

Ninja
September 23rd, 2009, 16:16
I love Dungeon Keeper! Dungeon Keeper ist the best game of series! The Land Vive in Dungeon Keeper its very good. But on Dungeon Keeper II land Vive its no good.

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2009, 19:37
I love Dungeon Keeper! Dungeon Keeper ist the best game of series! The Land Vive in Dungeon Keeper its very good. But on Dungeon Keeper II land Vive its no good.

Umm... what?

Madkill
September 23rd, 2009, 22:38
I love Dungeon Keeper! Dungeon Keeper is the best game in the series! The Land Vibe in Dungeon Keeper is much better. But on Dungeon Keeper II land Vibe is no good.

I think that is what it was supposed to say.

Basically, the feel of DKI > DKII's.

And I agree, probably because its the original and therefore, can't go wrong. :spider:

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2009, 22:40
The "Land Vibe" is what I'm curious about.

dk2player
September 24th, 2009, 00:00
He means the evil feel of the game.

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2009, 00:36
Oh, yeah. It's true. DK1 is literally darker than DK2.

dk2player
September 24th, 2009, 01:17
Yeah, but you can't see anything. In dk2, you can clearly see your objective, and more than 3 creatures can attack the same creature, not like in dk1

DragonsLover
September 24th, 2009, 03:58
I must agree that "Both" as an answer completely counters the subject of the poll, but anyway...

My choice is kinda obvious. I enjoy, and always will, the first Dungeon Keeper. Bullfrog's team and Molyneux did a huge work for making the game to make it very fun. The gameplay is entertaining and unique. The battles are a real pleasure. There's not so much micro management. The bugs are minimal comparing to DK2 ones. And you can attract all different kinds of beasts which have their own characteristics, and not only human-like ones just like in DK2. DK1 ftw!

But that doesn't mean I dislike DK2. It is also a good game, with some nice improvements and new ideas, but there are so many bad points in the game that ruin the game a bit... I don't get the same fun in battles and the multiplayer doesn't seem to be as fun. Everyone seems to focus on Black Knights and Dark Angels, all other creatures being junk. The "charm" of the game is when you can get different kind of creatures, which is most performed in DK1.

Madkill
September 24th, 2009, 04:34
DKI had a lot of the D&D elements which weren't in DKII.

I'm just talking about the interface here, I liked being able to see useless stats I didn't understand on that third page for each creature.

As far as Sequels go, DKII was good for not remaking DKI as some kind of graphically-enhanced duplicate, seeing as how everything had been changed.

Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be.

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2009, 04:55
And thus, the war begins...

@DK2Player
Oh, and that is what the gamma setting is for. I'm not sure what I like more, being in the dark like a Dungeon Keeper or being able to see.

While the ability to attack a certain unit is limited, that is only in melee. Plus, how often to you fight just one creature besides the Avatar that that feature actually prevents you from winning? They are called support for a reason, and DK2 was like that too. The meshes did not pass through each other...

@DragonsLover
We will all miss our beloved creatures...

However, I did like some additional creatures. Guards and Goblins. I did like the fact that I didn't have to wait for heroes to show up just to get an elf. Either way, there is a drawback. But that is the fun of it.

The really fast "family" internet computer "I" have doesn't bug out at all.

@Madkill
Yup, that's how it is. I do think that DK2 attracted more people that weren't attracted to DK1. And vice versa. That's why we have both games.

-------

As you can see, I will vote for both games (Yet without casting my vote) and try to counter anything. If anyone has a problem with that, then consult it with my manager. He is an 8 foot tall red angry reaper. With a good looking smile of course, to cover up any other problems. :horny:

dk2player
September 24th, 2009, 04:56
hey, maybe dk3 will get everything right, concidering its being made by dk's biggest fan base.

Duke Ragereaver
September 24th, 2009, 06:21
Each DK game has it good sides and flaws, as simple as that. Meaning I like DK1 more than DK2 doesn't need per se I dislike DK2, I just try to enjoy much as I can from both games' good sides.

Searingflame2
September 24th, 2009, 09:33
Dk1, for gameplay and atmosphere. Not being able to see is a simply fix (its called making your gamma higher ^.^).

I never got Dk2 to work correctly - no matter WHAT patch i used.

So sne, DK1 all ze way.

On a random note: I JUST PASSED ABE'S ODYSEE! FTFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2009, 10:57
Lol, congrats.

Madkill
September 24th, 2009, 15:21
hey, maybe dk3 will get everything right, concidering its being made by dk's biggest fan base.

That's a No.1 reason why it may fail again. :spider:

Hapuga
September 24th, 2009, 15:26
That's a No.1 reason why it may fail again. :spider:

(laughing out loud)

You've got that right bro!

We're hardcore fans. A game these days has to be Simsish, full of cheesy shit to succeed.

But who the **** cares, we're making it for ourselves, aren't we? =)

Madkill
September 24th, 2009, 15:44
I like your sarcasm, however.

Having an experienced and independent dev-team would make it more successful.

But its always possible to surprise people. :spider:

Hapuga
September 24th, 2009, 15:47
There was neither attempt nor intention to say it in a sarcastic manner. I do believe that what we are making is for us, and if someone won't like it, give 'em a finger!

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2009, 19:38
Just like a good old fashion Bile Demon. :bile:

*SLAP*:bile:*SLAP**SLAP**SLAP*

Krauser
October 3rd, 2009, 06:03
I like both, but well, Dk1 it's far better, the only thing that makes Dk2 a little superior it's the fact that when u learn some spell, it's permanent, u don't have to re investigate it every lv...same as rooms.

Metal Gear Rex
October 3rd, 2009, 12:40
You can easily do that with DK1. That does take a large use out of the library though.

kyle
October 3rd, 2009, 13:12
He means the evil feel of the game.

No i think he mean the dark and dungeon feeling of the game, i agree DKI is by far my favourite game of all time, it just felt so much better, although DKII was good too.

Kromeh
October 5th, 2009, 00:59
I like both. As people have said they are different games. I like DK2's ability to hold more then 8 creatures (or gold) at one time, but I miss the dragon :(

I also hate elites, considering they are OP on campaign (or skirmishes) because the AI doesn't get them.

blragh
October 5th, 2009, 01:38
dk 2 hands down.

Metal Gear Rex
October 5th, 2009, 06:23
I don't play Dk2 anymore because I get frustrated since its so buggy.

Kromeh
October 5th, 2009, 12:35
It's stopped crashing for me finally :D

dk2player
October 5th, 2009, 23:02
have you tried online? It crashes every secound there

kyle
October 6th, 2009, 17:10
It took me hours to get DKI working over LAN, but i can tell you it was totally worth it.

dk2player
October 6th, 2009, 17:43
great, can you tell me exacly how to do it, and can you make it simple.