PDA

View Full Version : Modding Question(s) about DK1

Enker-Zan
April 17th, 2011, 12:26
1. Is it possible to recode the Temple Recipes and/or swap the reward outcome?

2. Can a Tunneler Hero be made to look like an Imp?

3. Can a Tunneler be programmed to do all the tasks an Imp can?

mefistotelis
April 17th, 2011, 16:37
ad 1. Yes, but only in KeeperFX.
ad 2. Yes, but only in KeeperFX.
ad 3. No, even in KeeperFX you can't do this.

Enker-Zan
April 18th, 2011, 05:34
Another small question, do the Monks in DK1 have the ability to permanantly kill Vampires like in DK2? Or is it DK2 specific?

Metal Gear Rex
April 18th, 2011, 07:55
Another small question, do the Monks in DK1 have the ability to permanantly kill Vampires like in DK2? Or is it DK2 specific?

That feature wasn't created until DK2 so in other words, no Monks can't do that in DK1.

Enker-Zan
April 18th, 2011, 20:32
Next question, how stable is KeeperFX currently?

Ogre
April 18th, 2011, 20:45
Very stable, except for some minor bugs that (can) make the game crash, the AI dosen't mine gold and for that it crashes for some people. Never happend to me though, and i always use the latest (offical) version.

Enker-Zan
April 18th, 2011, 20:59
I see, if I were to make a MOD just doing simple changes in the creatures and level.txt/ini script editing, I won't have to worry about the next latest version of KeeperFX making me redo my work right?

mefistotelis
April 19th, 2011, 15:33
I see, if I were to make a MOD just doing simple changes in the creatures and level.txt/ini script editing, I won't have to worry about the next latest version of KeeperFX making me redo my work right?

No. I'm not planning to completely change the curent KeeperFX configuration files. But I will be adding more options to it, and these will have to be copied to your configuration.

Enker-Zan
April 23rd, 2011, 00:06
Question on the Hailstorm spell, how many ice shards are projected from this spell? I cranked the damage up slightly and anything armed with it might as well be carrying a 12 guage shotgun...

Metal Gear Rex
April 23rd, 2011, 01:14
Question on the Hailstorm spell, how many ice shards are projected from this spell? I cranked the damage up slightly and anything armed with it might as well be carrying a 12 guage shotgun...

The damage of Hailstorm is set to 5. According to the DK1 Gold Guide, damage is up to 75, and also says that it is 5 damage per piece of hail. Therefore, there are 15 shots.

Enker-Zan
April 23rd, 2011, 13:06
Next question: How do I make a unit immune to Boulders like the Avatar?

Metal Gear Rex
April 23rd, 2011, 19:35
Next question: How do I make a unit immune to Boulders like the Avatar?

Only possible within KeeperFX.

Enker-Zan
April 23rd, 2011, 19:38
*grumble grumble* Ok, what is the code to make that happen in KFX?

mefistotelis
April 23rd, 2011, 20:23
Look at this:
https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/source/browse/trunk/keeperfx/config/creatrs/avatar.cfg

Especially at "Properties" option.

Enker-Zan
April 25th, 2011, 01:09
Would there be a way to put that as a level script? I have seen the 1st 2 or 3 levels put a handicap on the Knight, lowering it's strength and defense to like 20 or 30.

Metal Gear Rex
April 25th, 2011, 01:26
Would there be a way to put that as a level script? I have seen the 1st 2 or 3 levels put a handicap on the Knight, lowering it's strength and defense to like 20 or 30.

You mean adding Creature Immunity to Boulder Trap through level script? No, at the moment that is not possible through the original Dungeon Keeper nor KeeperFX. The situation you describe is in the original DK1, however. I shouldn't need to tell you the script command since it seems you already looked at the script for some of the levels to learn about those things.

Enker-Zan
April 25th, 2011, 03:51
Alright, it seems the things I need have to be done on KFX... I'ma try and port it now and see how far I get. lol I was trying to avoid porting before finishing but I am S.O.L. XD

Enker-Zan
April 26th, 2011, 20:39
Another question, is it ok to edit the original levels with the editor?

Small off topic question while I am here, why does KFX run so sluggish? O.o

Mothrayas
April 26th, 2011, 20:53
If you have the original DK1 CD, yes. Make backups if needed/desired.

Small off topic question while I am here, why does KFX run so sluggish? O.o

Be sure not to run the debug version. Otherwise, I suppose it may be because you're using an older PC that runs DK1 smoothly and KeeperFX less so. Otherwise, I don't know.

DragonsLover
April 26th, 2011, 21:32

Read this (http://keeperklan.com/threads/1666-How-to-get-the-official-editor-to-work-with-KeeperFX)

Metal Gear Rex
April 27th, 2011, 01:14
Read this (http://keeperklan.com/threads/1666-How-to-get-the-official-editor-to-work-with-KeeperFX)

That's more for "How to get the editor to work with FX", not really fully related to his question there.

Enker-Zan
April 27th, 2011, 09:56

I will keep that book marked. :-)

Be sure not to run the debug version. Otherwise, I suppose it may be because you're using an older PC that runs DK1 smoothly and KeeperFX less so. Otherwise, I don't know.

I am using the correct program, it runs at half the speed the normal game does. Unless I hit ctrl + then it's 1.5x faster.

DragonsLover
April 27th, 2011, 15:04
That's more for "How to get the editor to work with FX", not really fully related to his question there.

Perhaps not directly, but it's a start.

I am using the correct program, it runs at half the speed the normal game does. Unless I hit ctrl + then it's 1.5x faster.

Try launching the game using -fps x command line. In older versions of KeeperFX, that's what I did. For example, use "Run..." (press Windows + R keys) and click Browse to select the executable of KeeperFX. Then, add the end of the line, add: -fps 30. This should speed up the game a little and if it's still too slow, increase the number.