PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Online/MMO

Shogun
April 18th, 2011, 04:12
Hey all,
Im still quite new on here so forgive me if this is old news, I tried to search it on here but couldnt find anything. My brother just alerted me to a remake/MMO of Dungeon keeper by a Chinese studio. Its called DK online and it looks quite good from the concept art I've seen. I especially like the Anubis character. Does anyone have any better info on this, all I can seem to find is a promise EA is develping it and alot of other stuff written in Chinese. Horny and the mistress look like they're still involved but all the other art Ive seen looks like fresh creatures.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Zeus440/dkconcept.jpg
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Zeus440/500x_dkmmo.jpg
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Zeus440/Dungeon_keeper_Online_01.jpg

Shogun :samurai:

Shogun
April 18th, 2011, 06:10
Sorry to rehash old news, I dont know how reliable the source is but apparently a US release is confimred.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2011/02/dungeon-keeper-online-confirmed-for-us.html

Shogun :samurai:

Priato
April 18th, 2011, 09:59
I have found a video of this project, and I think this project will be different from DK 1 or 2. No news since few month...

Enker-Zan
April 18th, 2011, 20:56
Well of course it's going to be different, it's an MMO. lol

I can't wait to see what this is like TBH. It's been I dunno how long since we have seen any kind of sequl to a DK game...

Priato
April 18th, 2011, 21:08
Well of course it's going to be different, it's an MMO
Yes but it seems than you can manage a dungeon like DK1 and 2.

Metal Gear Rex
April 18th, 2011, 21:10

It should at least look Dungeon Keeperish. After all, it IS a Dungeon Keeper MMO. This doesn't look like Dungeon Keeper, blagh. My cat could cough something up that looks better. Is that a pirate? Reminds me of that one character from Pirates of the Caribbean, erm... what was his name?

My poor Horned Reaper. What have they done to you!? D; (And I hate that Dark Mistress more than the DK2 Dark Mistress... hell it wasn't the Dark Mistress it was just the Mistress)

Well erm... enough of my ranting on how they f***ed it all up. I for one do not want to play it.

MaxHayman
April 19th, 2011, 08:47
The egyption thing gets me the most :S

dangleberries
April 20th, 2011, 16:43
i hate EA

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

I can't wait to see what this is like TBH. It's been I dunno how long since we have seen any kind of sequl to a DK game...

you can see gameplay of it on youtube its exactly like(as like almost every other mmo) world of warcraft.

MaxHayman
April 20th, 2011, 21:13
A dungeon keeper mmo could of been completly different, but instead they go for the typical mmo design with different classes and races. Was the original dungeon keeper even released in china? The use of the Dungeon Keeper name has probably been used for publicity, which seems to be bad publicity.

dangleberries
April 24th, 2011, 16:16
Was the original dungeon keeper even released in china?

nope, EA sold all the rights to the dungeon keeper name to a company in china, making the posibillity of a real dk3 zero :(

dotted
April 24th, 2011, 16:39
nope, EA sold all the rights to the dungeon keeper name to a company in china, making the posibillity of a real dk3 zero :(

source? pretty sure they just licensed it

MaxHayman
April 24th, 2011, 18:19
Yeah, im sure its just licenced to them for the mmo

dangleberries
April 25th, 2011, 02:08
source? pretty sure they just licensed it

yeah true, my bad, they licensed it to netdragon.

MeinCookie
May 1st, 2011, 13:12
Anyone see this?

http://www.mmoculture.com/2011/02/dungeon-keeper-online-confirmed-for-us.html

Searingflame2
May 1st, 2011, 15:17
If they have a free trial (7-10 days is the usual) I'll play it, just to taste the bittersweet mockery. But it says US, and I'm in Australia. But 99% of the time Australians are fortunate enough to use American servers. With 800 ping.

Yeah. Just because I'm a masochist like that.

MaxHayman
May 1st, 2011, 20:58
Noting for europa :(

MeinCookie
May 1st, 2011, 22:43
I'm not in America either, I just thought the good folks over there might be interested :).

MaxHayman
May 1st, 2011, 23:27
Yeah, im sure if anyone wanted to play who wasnt in america could still buy a key online and play on their servers :P

Searingflame2
May 2nd, 2011, 15:09
Yeah, im sure if anyone wanted to play who wasnt in america could still buy a key online and play on their servers :P

Buy? A trial will do me fine! Its practically compulsory that MMOs have free trials available. Or maybe that's just after you know you'll get a couple extra sales from people who tried the free trials...

kyle
May 2nd, 2011, 16:03
I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be free to play. Free to play with cash shops of course.

MaxHayman
May 2nd, 2011, 17:28
Most mmos are going that way theese days. Which, i don't particularly like. If the game is good, i will pay to play it. Rather than it being free and having people with the best characters just because they are rich.

QwentyJ
May 3rd, 2011, 20:55
So it's basically WoW with Dungeon building?

I've never found MMORPG's exciting at all - hence there won't be much need to buy it for me. Shame, artwork is quit good though.

Monsterbaby
May 25th, 2011, 17:30
What ruins MMORPGs are the players

The game itself might be good, but when 80% of the people in the game are selfish, ignorant, disrespectful and plain rude - then it isn't funny and it ruins the game and gameplay a bit in my oppinon. Also in single player games, it is way easier to be embraced by the universe and the story, and really feel like you are there, and part of the whole story, not getting it breaked off by someone "lol noob, your gear sux, and your character has big boobs llol wtf sexyness! - u wanna go DMB wiw me and bilelord333?"

Evi
May 25th, 2011, 17:53
"lol noob, your gear sux, and your character has big boobs llol wtf sexyness! - u wanna go DMB wiw me and bilelord333?"

Most of my MMO experience in a nutshell. Is why I don't talk with people on it anymore, unless it's friends.

And I look forward to tasting this bitter experience...

At least WftO has original characters being suggested, eh? Eh? :p

Monsterbaby
May 26th, 2011, 08:35
I still have my own Guild in Warcraft, without that I woudln't play. Because those guys are the awesomests people evah!

People talked me out of trying Dungeons, because of pure dissapointment - I'm not trying out this MMO either, if it is pure dissapointment. And honesly I'm not starting on anotehr / new MMO ever, untill Blizzard's "New-Gen" gets released.

Searingflame2
May 29th, 2011, 06:35
I disagree. IMHO, few MMOs are great, but the player communities elevate the game to that status.

See, it is one thing to build a game with pre-defined encounters, like in traditional RPGs and (offline) RTS, and quite another to build an engine that lets people do a vast amount of shit.

MMO communities have their share of assholes, don't get me wrong, but it isn't hard to find the nice ones, because they're the voice of reason in trade chat or the guy offering to help noobs with quests.

I played Age of Conan for a bit in 08, and loved every moment of it. Had great friends, server community boomed. Quit, resubbed late 09, was meh. Friends were gone, community had shriveled, and patches had kinda screwed the game up a bit.

Honestly, though. Nothing beats taking on a level 80 as three level 30's and winning. Not a damned thing. Except maybe the slander you unleash afterwards.