PDA

View Full Version : Black Play-map

DSJesterXII
May 2nd, 2011, 02:49
I'm trying to play Dungeon Keeper 2(duh) and when I load the game up, the gem that should be in the background of main menu is hidden by a wall of black. I load level one and after the clips(which are partially blocked by a black wall, the main play-floor is-shockingly- hidden behind a black wall. I can see all gauges, the HUD, etc but i cannot see my Dungeon Heart or my creatures. Help?

I'm running Windows 7 starter and running it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

kyle
May 2nd, 2011, 10:56
In the options, turn hardware acceleration off.

DSJesterXII
May 2nd, 2011, 21:52
I've tried that. It still won't work. I still cannot see the Portal Gem or the Dungeon Heart.

MaxHayman
May 2nd, 2011, 22:25
So nothing changed at all? Somtimes the settings reset so hardware accelleration is still on.

kyle
May 2nd, 2011, 23:37
have you tried taking compatibility mode off and doing it?

DSJesterXII
May 3rd, 2011, 00:38
No help. It seems like a problem with the render depth/distance.

MaxHayman
May 3rd, 2011, 07:51
What graphics card do you have

DragonsLover
May 3rd, 2011, 13:18
After turning hardware acceleration off, you must start a game to bring the modifications. If there's still no changes, are your drivers up to date?

DSJesterXII
May 3rd, 2011, 15:56
Got it to run with several command-lines( -disablegamma -softwarefilter -16bitdisplay ) And I still get the wall in the main menu but I can play it now. Thanks for all you help.

DragonsLover
May 3rd, 2011, 18:18
-16bitdisplay command doesn't exist btw since DK2 already plays in 16bit. -32bitdisplay exists however.

Don't hesitate to post again if you get other problems.

DSJesterXII
May 3rd, 2011, 19:51
Well. It works now. Completely. Anyways. Now I have a crashing issue. In level four after a certain amount of time, the game crashes.

MaxHayman
May 3rd, 2011, 22:25
What version of the game isit, i think 1.3 works best for the campaign

TParis
June 5th, 2011, 14:00
Hmm, I can't manage to get the game working here aswell. As anyone else I have to launch it in compability mode got get it starting at all. And then, you guessed it, all black except the fonts. Tried most of the guides here and nothing seems to work for me. :(

CPU: Intel Core2Duo T6600 (@ 2,2 Ghz)
RAM: 4,0 GB (DDR2)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 4570
Got all the latest drivers installed.

I also can't deactivate accelerated graphics. Every time I deactivate it and restart the game it's back on again. What am I missing