PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut Key Problems

JAM35
May 22nd, 2011, 16:05
Firstly, great work on this project so far, keep it up!

Not a game-breaker but having problems with the zoom to room keys.
Any shift/alt/ctrl room does not work e.g. shift T for training room.
Any single key works fine e.g. T for treasure room as does shift to possess.
The newly implemented ctrl +/- or alt X etc work fine also.

Have noticed some new(?) buttons in the define keys menu, ctrl to rotate and shift for speed.
These seem to do nothing or are they context sensitive?

Have downloaded several versions and this happens in all of them, my brother also has this problem.

Any help appreciated.

mefistotelis
May 22nd, 2011, 21:37
So the problem is that shift+T doesn't work, right? Will fix. If there are other problems, please be specific.

I doubt ctrl+arrows and shift+arrows are something new in KeeperFX; anyway, they work for me. One rotates view, second scolls the view faster.

Krizzie
May 22nd, 2011, 22:11
Holding shift used to speed up movespeed from the camera, but instead it freezes movement, can you fix that as well?

jomalin
May 22nd, 2011, 22:17
Zoom in and zoom out never worked for me with KeeperFX... My PC has Windows 7 Professional 64 bits. I have tried all the KeeperFX versions from 0.36 and and any worked for me.

Are the "-" and "+" keys, isn't it? I also tried the "Home", "End", "Page up" and "Page down" keys, and any worked for me too.

Krizzie
May 23rd, 2011, 08:27
+ - zooms in/out the minimap, Home and End zoom the game in/out. ;)

Both work fine here (Vista X64 with KFX0.39)

jomalin
May 23rd, 2011, 12:33
Home and End zoom the game in/out. ;)Both work fine here (Vista X64 with KFX0.39)

"Home" and "End" keys NEVER worked for me for ingame zoom in my Win7 Professional 64 bits. So probably can be a bug... mefisto can confirm us that I think

mefistotelis
May 23rd, 2011, 16:43
"Home" and "End" keys NEVER worked for me for ingame zoom in my Win7 Professional 64 bits. So probably can be a bug... mefisto can confirm us that I think

Zooming works for me. Maybe you've selected some strange keyboard layout in your OS? Or you've pressed it for too short?

Holding shift used to speed up movespeed from the camera, but instead it freezes movement, can you fix that as well?
Also, works for me. When I'm moving view and press shift, the movement accelerates. Tested both shifts and both methods of scrolling (arrows & mouse). I have no idea how could it not work.

JAM35
May 23rd, 2011, 16:54
The keys that don't work for me are as follows...

Shift+L (Lair)
Shift+P (Prison)
Shift+T (Training)
Shift+H (Hatchery)
Shift+G (Guard Post)
Shift+B (Bridge)
Alt+T (Torture Chamber)
Ctrl+T (Temple)

All others seem ok.

mefistotelis
May 23rd, 2011, 17:33
Thank you; will fix.

JAM35
May 23rd, 2011, 18:10

Yes this (Shift+Arrow Keys) isn't working but only in the straight-on plan view, it works fine in the 3D view, although I rarely use it.
It definitely used to speed the camera scrolling in plan-view mode.

Also, Ctrl+Arrow Keys rotates only in the 3D view but not sure if it was a function of the original to rotate the plan-view this way.

mefistotelis
May 23rd, 2011, 19:27
I see the source of this problem - it's not with code, just with settings. Remove settings.dat to fix that - I changed key codes for modifiers (ctrl,alt,shift) but forgot to rewrite this file. If you delete it, the game will create proper one.

Let me know if it won't fix all the keys in all views.

JAM35
May 23rd, 2011, 20:15
Yes this has fixed the room shortcut keys.

However in plan view, the shift+arrow key stops the scrolling instead of speeding it up.
In 3D view it works as it should.

Ctrl+arrow does nothing in plan view, rotates ok in 3D view.

Have tested original in DOSBox, it seems Ctrl+arrow left/right should function the same as Delete/Page Down respectively. In any view.

mefistotelis
May 23rd, 2011, 21:34
Thank you; I was able to fix that. Version on SVN should have all inputs working.

JAM35
May 23rd, 2011, 21:53
Thanks for the quick response and solution.

I'll be patient and wait for the next release :)

jomalin
May 24th, 2011, 12:21
I see the source of this problem - it's not with code, just with settings. Remove settings.dat to fix that - I changed key codes for modifiers (ctrl,alt,shift) but forgot to rewrite this file. If you delete it, the game will create proper one.

Perfect. So, mefisto, will the file "settings.dat" appear in the next KeeperFX version? I understand then, that this file must not appear to allow KeeperFX to create it. I will try this evening if the ingame zoom works or not now for me deleting this file, will post result.

jomalin
May 24th, 2011, 23:48
I have deleted the "settings.dat" file and KeeperFX creates a new one, OK. Now ingame, the only way to do zoom-in and zoom-out is while pressing down "CONTROL", pressing "up" or "down" arrow keys. Home and End keys doesn't work for me like always...