PDA

View Full Version : Reveal Map in Assault-Based Maps

Zyraen
June 1st, 2011, 04:01
Just wondering, I'm planning a map which involves parties of scattered Heroes, each in their own separate "cavern" of sorts.

Like Benetzaron, over time Tunneller Parties that just slightly less than double the Hero number in the Cavern, drop into those same caverns and attack you, so that when they reach you, you basically get twice the action.

They come from 3 directions, each at different rates and rhythm, and some Tunneller parties come significantly later yet spawn further away, meaning that they rip through 2 or more Caves, and you end up getting multiple handfuls when they break in... unless of course, you have already dealt with their would-be allies.

Question : Would starting with a Reveal Map (and no Destroy Walls) make it more Balanced and less Frustrating? Will it take away from the Exploratory aspect of the Game?
Reason - at least you can plan and strategise your attacks, and after 1 playthrough you more or less can see where they're coming from in what rough order, and also when multiple Tunnellers spawn simultaneously.

Duke Ragereaver
June 1st, 2011, 14:27
What about the Sight spell? Issen't that an option aswel?

Zyraen
June 1st, 2011, 16:31
I guess if Cave In and Lightning are out of the Picture, Sight shouldn't be too big of an issue :) sorry too used to Deeper Dungeons, with little use of Sight.
That's good, then at least there's a feeling of exploration. My Dungeon always look very oddly bright after I use Reveal Map, and the feeling is a little.. off.