PDA

View Full Version : Oh shit my Dungeon Keeper (Including FX) just died. I need help!

Monsterbaby
June 1st, 2011, 10:11
Okay
Okay - I build myself a new computer last year - a huge abomination monster computer actually.

But! I wanted to play Dungeon Keeper (Again)

Problem:

When I run KeeperFX, I get to the main menu and all - everything works fine, except for things having crazy-colors during the loading screen.
When I want to start a game - I get to the map to pick the level - I can't do shit, because the curser is not to see and it is frozen. Since moving my mouse around can't pick up the flag either.

In the main menu right after the game has been laucned I see the cursor, but if I get back to the menu a secound time, it doesn't appear.

So

I patched my game with the newest FX - however now my game does not work at all.

It says: The program can't start because SDL_net.dll is missing from your computer.

How do I fix this. I cannot reinstall Dungeon Keeper, because obviously my CD doesn't work anymore, so I've been carrying my favorite game, on my external harddrive for years.

DragonsLover
June 1st, 2011, 13:24
DO NOT patch the original Dungeon Keeper with KeeperFX since KeeperFX already has EVERYTHING you need.

As for the SDL_net.dll thing, just download it somewhere, or perhaps Mefisto has it available? Anyway, once you get it, place the DLL file in the KeeperFX directory and it should be fine.

Monsterbaby
June 1st, 2011, 13:40
It doesn't work :(

Now the error message says:

net.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contrains an error, try installing the program again using the original installation

DragonsLover
June 1st, 2011, 13:46
Try here (http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_net/).

mefistotelis
June 1st, 2011, 14:54
keeperfx_ccp_0_39_complete contains SDL_net.dll.

If the patch doesn't work for you, just use latest complete version.