PDA

View Full Version : Minor Deeper Dungeons Errata

Zyraen
June 2nd, 2011, 02:18
I'm not sure if this would be the right place for it, or the DK1 Maps.
Just completed Dixaroc (level 14) last night and noticed following
- there are no Increase Levels on the map. I did end up with I think 4 Resurrect Creatures, might it be an error?

Not that it matters since my level 8 band of 5 Dragons, 5 Warlocks, and 3 Mistresses (with 2 level 10 Mistresses) still whupped the enemy royally.

In a totally separate note, in Netzcaro (level 10) I noticed there was a prison where 5 level 4 Horned Reapers joined you. And likewise in Batezek (level 11) where 3 level 4 Horned Reapers join you.

Is that a bit too much ? I gather they might be actually "White" Reapers.

Just some thoughts, not sure if its really an error since I never played the original Deeper Dungeons (I had DK Gold CD in about 2004, but by then DK wouldn't run). Even if I did, I probably don't remember the fine details of the game.

DragonsLover
June 2nd, 2011, 05:21
No Increase Level on Dixaroc : It is an error because you're indeed supposed to have 2 increase level bonuses on that level. Did you search everywhere?

In Batezek, there's only 1 level 4 Horned Reaper. In Netzcaro, yup, you get 5 level 4 Horned Reapers. Too much ? Perhaps a bit.

Zyraen
June 2nd, 2011, 06:38
Thanks for the clarification :)
- I think the last 2 Increase Levels for Dixaroc are at the end of the Hero Keep, where 6 enemy Monks are. In KeeperFX Dixaroc I got 2 Resurrect Creatures in that same room
- in Batezek on KeeperFX, I got 3 level 4 Horned Reapers

Like I said, just Minor Errata for the Deeper Dungeon levels that come with KeeperFX.

Krizzie
June 2nd, 2011, 09:38
The Monks have 2 Resurect boxes, the Level ups are above the Knights to the right. ;)

Zyraen
June 2nd, 2011, 10:03
Zomg LOL! ;) Let me Load my Game later and smack my silly head.....

DragonsLover
June 2nd, 2011, 13:25
- For Netzcaro, in my unofficial patch, I indeed altered the hero hornies to unclaimed ones since they are creatures to free from the prison.
- In Batezek, perhaps I added additional hornies? Will check.
- In Dixaroc, the 2 Increase level bonus boxes are above the water area with Knights in a corridor sealed with earth in the left side of the map. It's slightly above and to the right of the hero gate.

Zyraen
June 2nd, 2011, 14:39
Yep, just checked it, they're indeed right where you said they were, lol :) How stupid of me...

Metal Gear Rex
June 2nd, 2011, 21:19
- For Netzcaro, in my unofficial patch, I indeed altered the hero hornies to unclaimed ones since they are creatures to free from the prison.

I'm pretty sure they were guarding the Prison, it was just a mistake on the mapmaker's part, a mistake to set them on the Prison because the game treated them as being captured. Getting both five Horned Reapers and the ability to produce Skeletons in a Hero Map is quite a large reward, don't you think? And it isn't that hard to get said reward either.

The DD levels are supposed to be incredibly difficult maps, or at least harder than the DK1 Campaign, but when I played your patched version of Netzcaro, it was ridiculously easy...

Krizzie
June 2nd, 2011, 21:47
One neutral horny with the rest guarding it would be better I guess.

Metal Gear Rex
June 2nd, 2011, 21:59
One neutral horny with the rest guarding it would be better I guess.

Might as well remove two of the Horned Reapers since giving the Player one kinda cancels out one of the Hero Horned Reapers. Actually I think there's a neutral Horned Reaper somewhere else on the map, but I don't remember if it was there inicially or if DL added it in the patch. Last time I played Netzcaro was with DL's patch since I recall there was some kind of problem with the original level when trying to play it on FX.

DragonsLover
June 2nd, 2011, 22:26
I'm pretty sure they were guarding the Prison, it was just a mistake on the mapmaker's part, a mistake to set them on the Prison because the game treated them as being captured. Getting both five Horned Reapers and the ability to produce Skeletons in a Hero Map is quite a large reward, don't you think? And it isn't that hard to get said reward either.

The DD levels are supposed to be incredibly difficult maps, or at least harder than the DK1 Campaign, but when I played your patched version of Netzcaro, it was ridiculously easy...

All right then, I'll check and fix that. And if you get the Scavenger Room, it shouldn't exist anymore, obviously.

Might as well remove two of the Horned Reapers since giving the Player one kinda cancels out one of the Hero Horned Reapers. Actually I think there's a neutral Horned Reaper somewhere else on the map, but I don't remember if it was there inicially or if DL added it in the patch. Last time I played Netzcaro was with DL's patch since I recall there was some kind of problem with the original level when trying to play it on FX.

There was supposed to have a neutral Horned Reaper at the complete North-West of the map in a lava lake, but the level designer mistakenly assigned him to the Yellow Keeper which doesn't exist on the map, so that, once you begin the level, he dies immediately. :( I fixed that, of course.

Remove some hornies? Either that or replacing a few of them with weaker heroes, such as Giants. What would you say?

Metal Gear Rex
June 2nd, 2011, 23:20
There was supposed to have a neutral Horned Reaper at the complete North-West of the map in a lava lake, but the level designer mistakenly assigned him to the Yellow Keeper which doesn't exist on the map, so that, once you begin the level, he dies immediately. :( I fixed that, of course.

Yeah I'm certain he was supposed to be neutral, but maybe not... I know in Caddis Fell that there are two places with Hero Horned Reapers that both serve as guards but also as a "Reaper Trap". So maybe that one spot was just a "Reaper Trap" placed by the mapmaker, designed to catch the Player off guard when he's digging for specials or something and then finds a Horned Reaper waiting to kill him instead.

I know Duke Ragereaver loves putting these Reaper Traps in his maps. I lost a Fairy on one of them, I recall. One-shotted.

Remove some hornies? Either that or replacing a few of them with weaker heroes, such as Giants. What would you say?

Make them Heroes and create an extra tile of land next to the prison within that locked area to set the Horned Reapers on so they aren't treated as captured. I'm sure they were meant to be guarding the Prison. I really don't think Giants were intended to be in that Prison so I see no reason to change it to that.

DragonsLover
June 3rd, 2011, 00:36
Here's what I did: I turned the Horned Reapers and the little room they're in as white, including the door (otherwise, once you'd get the portal, they'd chop chop the Dungeon Heart). I deleted the Prison, but don't worry: once the Horned Reapers are dead, you get it through the room's panel with a "tutorial flash button" to tell you it has been added. That way, the player cannot imprison them. The only remaining thing would be to write down a message in the game to explain all that, something like "By killing the Horned Reapers, you discover on one of their corpses the plan to build a Prison!".

Sounds good?

Btw, Horned Reaper in North-West lava lake remains neutral.

Zyraen
June 3rd, 2011, 04:03
Here's what I did: I turned the Horned Reapers and the little room they're in as white, including the door (otherwise, once you'd get the portal, they'd chop chop the Dungeon Heart). I deleted the Prison, but don't worry: once the Horned Reapers are dead, you get it through the room's panel with a "tutorial flash button" to tell you it has been added. That way, the player cannot imprison them. The only remaining thing would be to write down a message in the game to explain all that, something like "By killing the Horned Reapers, you discover on one of their corpses the plan to build a Prison!".
Awesomeness :) Now Netzcaro is not only harder than your previous version, but also harder than the original :) Sweet...
It was very easy with the previous prison break and get 5 Hornies. There was once I simply trained up a level 7 mistress, ran out, and just knocked down the Steel door. instant full-lake Pwnage.

Krizzie
June 3rd, 2011, 07:51

Sounds good?

Btw, Horned Reaper in North-West lava lake remains neutral.

Sounds good!

btw, I thought you could place creatures on Prison tiles without getting them imprisoned. If you put the room down first and then the creatures, they will start "using" the room, if you do it the other way around they should behave like they are on normal terrain.