PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper II crash

Jack Oliver Aaron
June 12th, 2011, 16:58
I downloaded the game as an image with the 1.7 patch and mounted it on a virtual disk before installing it properly onto my computer. It worked fine until Lord Ironhelm where it soon began crashing incessantly, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes seconds after loading the game. Sometimes pressing Esc to access options made it crash. This is also a problem for other levels, my pet dungeons etc.

It always manifests the same way: "DKII has had a problem and needs to close" against a black screen.

I am running the game on XP.

Also, I haven't been able to install the 1.73 patch because it can't locate the DKII file.

Upon trying unsafedisc, I realised I could not find the .icd file needed to remove safedisc.

drubjak
June 12th, 2011, 18:49
I really dont know man, I used to have the same problem, I have just changed game resolution to 800x600 and it became fine.
The problem is that 1024x768 meets lots of crash problems in 1.61+ version. I think the most safe way to use DK2 is with 800x600 resolution and unticked 3d video accelerator.
+ put some additional options on the DK2 shortcut :
-softwarefilter -32bitdisplay -disablegamma

If u have Ati radion video card (just like in my case) U may also install additional control center for ati and to change some options to run games in a widescreen, it also brings no crash problems. on my 1366x768 loptop DK2 is working fine in widescreen.

Jack Oliver Aaron
June 12th, 2011, 20:11
I really dont know man, I used to have the same problem, I have just changed game resolution to 800x600 and it became fine.
The problem is that 1024x768 meets lots of crash problems in 1.61+ version. I think the most safe way to use DK2 is with 800x600 resolution and unticked 3d video accelerator.

If u have Ati radion video card (just like in my case) U may also install additional control center for ati and to change some options to run games in a widescreen, it also brings no crash problems. on my 1366x768 loptop DK2 is working fine in widescreen.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

It takes a little longer before crashing, but crashes nevertheless.

Jack Oliver Aaron
June 15th, 2011, 00:21

I just have an RM Mobile One, nothing added.