PDA

View Full Version : Need Music? What are the Game Mechanics?

Wyatt
June 15th, 2011, 10:35
Hi Guys,

Just found this site, I've been playing DK for years and its a game I've always gone back to, nothing has surpassed it really...

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a composer for WftO? I find that the original soundtrack is fantastic and really brings out the atmosphere... And if there isn't already a composer on board I'd like to join up, I've already started one track (for the hell of it)...

Also, from the what I've read so far there isn't much talk about game mechanics? Since I'm guessing the game focuses around the trailer in DK2 it evolves dungeon keepers game play to at least to a 2 levelled playing filled?

Does this mean you're looking at having two playable teams? (dungeon keepers and sheriffs or whatever?), have you played Majesty? *if not, I suggest it to all Dungeon Keeper fans!

But basically I pictured 1 team plays like Dungeon Keeper, other Plays like Majesty. There were 'ports' to the underground/above ground via passages at certain points in the level and creatures/heroes are enticed to seek out riches by raiding the opposing sector.

Sheriffs attract heroes by building taverns, markets, armouries, training grounds etc etc, are unable to pick up heroes, but may direct them with markers (though can select areas to be dug out when viewing underground by dwarves). And the keepers creatures could just want to find trouble by travelling above and seeking a fight (and you could click on the 'ports' and close off access for your side (though enemies could still come through)... You could even go as far as having a room/building similar to the guard house but creatures that go there form parties...

Are rooms instantly built? Or will your imps have the construct them (which gives them more of a role).

Anyway, just a thought.

Also, are you guys not worried about EA shutting you down? (they've done it before).

Metal Gear Rex
June 15th, 2011, 10:53
Hi Guys,

Just found this site, I've been playing DK for years and its a game I've always gone back to, nothing has surpassed it really...

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a composer for WftO? I find that the original soundtrack is fantastic and really brings out the atmosphere... And if there isn't already a composer on board I'd like to join up, I've already started one track (for the hell of it)...

Greetings. If you're looking to join WftO, contact the Project Leader, kyle (http://keeperklan.com/members/187-kyle).

Also, from the what I've read so far there isn't much talk about game mechanics? Since I'm guessing the game focuses around the trailer in DK2 it evolves dungeon keepers game play to at least to a 2 levelled playing filled?

Does this mean you're looking at having two playable teams? (dungeon keepers and sheriffs or whatever?), have you played Majesty? *if not, I suggest it to all Dungeon Keeper fans!

But basically I pictured 1 team plays like Dungeon Keeper, other Plays like Majesty. There were 'ports' to the underground/above ground via passages at certain points in the level and creatures/heroes are enticed to seek out riches by raiding the opposing sector.

Sheriffs attract heroes by building taverns, markets, armouries, training grounds etc etc, are unable to pick up heroes, but may direct them with markers (though can select areas to be dug out when viewing underground by dwarves). And the keepers creatures could just want to find trouble by travelling above and seeking a fight (and you could click on the 'ports' and close off access for your side (though enemies could still come through)... You could even go as far as having a room/building similar to the guard house but creatures that go there form parties...

Are rooms instantly built? Or will your imps have the construct them (which gives them more of a role).

Anyway, just a thought.

WftO won't actually have any connection to DK2 at all in terms of story. I recall DK3 had planned some kind of Elder Race, which may be what you're talking about. This idea was scraped, however. We do plan on adding Neutral Hostiles though.

There also was an old idea about being able to travel to the Overworld and back to the Underworld, but that idea was scrapped as well due to the fact that the Overworld wasn't very feasible.

Also, are you guys not worried about EA shutting you down? (they've done it before).

If they come, we fight. Besides, it isn't like they'll be able to get past all the Traps we laid out by the entrance anyways.

james.heinichen
June 21st, 2011, 04:17

I'm currently in contact with EA and will let the community know once I do regarding certain property rights (e.g. "Horny" et al.)

Welcome to the club, if you're interested in helping out check out:
http://www.WarfortheOverworld.com/Jobs
If you don't see Composer anywhere on there toss me an email :
[email protected]
We'll work something out

Cheers,