PDA

View Full Version : Level 16 Tulipscent - Skeletons

Duke Ragereaver
September 27th, 2009, 16:44
Okay, you'l probbaly know this level as one of the more challanging ones in the campaign. You are in the north with a very agressive blue keeper in the south and Heroes popping up now and then. Meaning there is quite some action.

But my question is: according to the TXT file, you are allowed to attract skeletons, having a maximum of 30 in the creature pool. But the problem is, skeletons are not attracted by anything! Maybe I've missed something and I was required to do something first, but the game was mostly over by then, and skeletons late in that level are pretty useless. Anyway...

How to get skeletons in Tulipscent by attracting them?

Edit: Same goes to tentacles, who are also attractable in here but not appearing.

Krizzie
September 27th, 2009, 17:28
Temple for Tentacles and Prison for Skeletons. ;)

Duke Ragereaver
September 27th, 2009, 17:38
Temple for Tentacles and Prison for Skeletons. ;)

*Red head of embaressment* :o

I'm (almost) 100% certain that I DID build a temple and prison but they didn't came out without having reached the portal maximum, while they do now. Ah well, it figures I guess....

*Proceeds to torture some skeletons and tentacles*

Krizzie
September 27th, 2009, 19:07
I never had Skeletons at the map either. But Tentacles should be possible.

Maybe Skeletons are only for the Blue Keeper.

Duke Ragereaver
September 27th, 2009, 19:36
Nope, according through the txt file skeletons and tentacles are reserved for the Red Keeper, as can be seen below.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4567/dk2.jpg

I've just tested that and it worked. Though I have to admit that earlier today I've patched my DK, I wonder if it has any connection with why I didn't get skeletons or tentacles in all the other times I've played this level.

Metal Gear Rex
September 27th, 2009, 21:46
In level 15, I believe you also can attract skeletons and maybe vampires. That was the only level I've had work with those creature attractions.

Duke Ragereaver
September 27th, 2009, 21:51
In level 15, I believe you also can attract skeletons and maybe vampires. That was the only level I've had work with those creature attractions.

Yes, in level 15 you can attract vampires, but there are only three in the creature pool...

Metal Gear Rex
September 28th, 2009, 07:14
Better than nothing. Plus, that saves you the time of killing 30 creatures. But of course, as a Dungeon Keeper, you'd do that anyway. :D

Krizzie
September 28th, 2009, 08:38
Better than nothing. Plus, that saves you the time of killing 30 creatures. But of course, as a Dungeon Keeper, you'd do that anyway. :D

Just kill 30 imps and you're there.

Bouldertrap or a level 2 Biledemon with a gas bomb. ;)

Metal Gear Rex
September 28th, 2009, 12:17

Bouldertrap or a level 2 Biledemon with a gas bomb. ;)

Ehh, that always was too easy.

dragonfist
November 8th, 2009, 02:25
I never build a prison there, because of these skeletons.
Only later, when the creature max is full, and than I make skeletons out of heroes.
Tentacles I throw back, I build no workshop untill the creature max is full, otherwise the Trolls come. The blue keeper has a Vampire, but how can one research so fast to Scavenge it...

ragegun
October 9th, 2010, 03:26

Boulder trap or a level 2 Bile demon with a gas bomb. ;)
Nothing is more funny than listening to the death screams of little munchkins as fatso unleashes the fart of death.
Whenever I think of DK1 I think of that trick.

Madkill
October 9th, 2010, 04:45
I never build a prison there, because of these skeletons.
Only later, when the creature max is full, and than I make skeletons out of heroes.
Tentacles I throw back, I build no workshop untill the creature max is full, otherwise the Trolls come. The blue keeper has a Vampire, but how can one research so fast to Scavenge it...

If you manage to get at least two vampires, then as long as you drop both into the scavenger room so one can scavenge a small bit whilst the other is being scavenged by the enemy, then you pick the one up that's being scavenged and drop that one in the room and pick the other up and repeat this, you'll eventually get theirs (which is a level 10 vampire most the time).

I remember when I managed to get all of the blue keepers vampires on the last level, I was happy.

dragonfist
October 18th, 2010, 15:59
Well, any case, I had Skeletons and Tentacles there.
If you don't believe me, just throw away all your creatures in the temple or portal, once you have build a prison and a temple.
Usually the creature pool is full, once the Tempe is researched there.

16. Tulipscent
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/449/map00016.gif

This strategy of Madkill sounds terrible to me. If you like that kinda play, good luck. Best way to defeat a Vampire, is to put prisoners in the options tab, so it will not regenerate into it's lair, once you you have defeated it. But in many cases, when playing Tulipcent, the Hero's will kill the Blue Keeper.