PDA

View Full Version : Getting on the development team

dotted
September 28th, 2009, 20:14
Interested in taking part of the development? You simply need to signup on http://url.keeperklan.com/signup. This will put you on a list of potential developers. As we have to manually check this list, it might take some time before you are contacted. But feel free to PM me (http://forum.keeperklan.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) when you created your application.

If you were accepted you will receive an email on the email address you specified with login information to Google Apps. But note we have no problems deleting accounts if they are not used, as we are limited to 50 accounts. If you were not accepted to get a Google Apps account, you will not be notified. However your applications will be saved permanently so please do not sign up multiple times.

If you want to beta test, do NOT sign up as this is an open source game, it will essential have both public alpha and beta testing.

elamre
September 28th, 2009, 21:07
i still havent got any responce back :(

dotted
September 29th, 2009, 07:26
i still havent got any responce back :(

i would need a birth certificate that says your real name is "elmar the best", i suggest you sign up again using your realname

elamre
September 29th, 2009, 13:20
seriously? why always my full name, dont know if i like that...

dotted
September 29th, 2009, 13:31

thats the way it is

Dre@m
September 29th, 2009, 19:46

What are you, 12?

Because if you are, then you shouldn't be signing up or telling us you're 12. It's illegal, no joke.

But if you're not, then what is you problem?

elamre
October 3rd, 2009, 22:47
im 15... srsly, i dont like spreading my personal data.

and, i have used real stuff now :) hope to get in :D

Dre@m
October 3rd, 2009, 23:01
I'm 16, I have no quarms about it.

elamre
October 3rd, 2009, 23:06
... wtf is ur point? its just my opinion k? im grown up this way. and i know the dangers of it. i just want to know if its secure :S
please end this useless post count spamming argue, and go ontopic again...

Hapuga
October 3rd, 2009, 23:11
... wtf is ur point? its just my opinion k? im grown up this way. and i know the dangers of it. i just want to know if its secure :S

Zomg! Teh drama. (c)

elamre
October 3rd, 2009, 23:14
Zomg! Teh drama. (c)

lol'd :')

dotted
October 4th, 2009, 00:00
Your concerns are perfectly valid, but we want your real name if you want to be a developer and thats how it is. If you don't want to give up your real name to us you are not gonna be a dev member. I think we should leave it at that.

elamre
October 4th, 2009, 08:28
i get it, i get it. i did use my real names the 2nd time :)

dotted
October 6th, 2009, 17:20
Please note some of the areas, such as level design has a very low priority for a user on Google Apps. As at this stage we are not a all ready to start doing levels. If we were to have a level designer on board at this stage he/she would in effect be the lead level designer. Other areas are in the same position.

However that doesnt mean signing up as a level designer is in vein, because it tells us who you are, how to contact you and what you want to work on.

Also we only contact people through the email they provided if they got a user created on Google Apps. Do not sign up again if you haven't received an email as it only floods our list. As said before we are limited to 50 users, so we try to be very conservative about handing out accounts.

Development meetings so far have been public, so getting on Google Apps is not that important ;)

On a side note, beta testing is 100% public so please don't sign up as a beta tester.

natchoguy
October 24th, 2009, 22:36
...so what happens?...

Kopavel
October 29th, 2009, 12:20
Hello guys,
I'm going to spend a couple of months developing Dungeon Keeper-like game, and would really like work in a team. However, after downloading War For The Overworld sources (0.1?), I can see that they were written be unepxerienced programmer, and are useless in sense of developing successful game.

I am sure I can write an advanced next-gen engine for Dungeon Keeper (here is my previous work - http://www.spin-tires.uuuq.com/, a driving game, which won Intel Level Up 2009), but doing everything on my own is a really time-consuming and boring task.

Anyway, I've sent a request via your system, so please let me know what you are up to.

Thanks,
Pavel.

P.S. Your concept art is just amazing!

nilrem
January 15th, 2010, 13:51
Hi. I tried to go through the system but the provided url on the first page gave me this error:

A server error occurred. Please contact the administrator.
I would like to help out in anyway possible, my key strenght is programming.

I'm currently doing my Masters Degree at University in Computer Science with Games Development.
I have experience (from the degree) in C#/C++, OpenGL, GLSL (OpenGL's shader language for Shaders), some limited DirectX and Prolog.

dotted
January 15th, 2010, 15:14
Works fine, try again :)

Madkill
January 15th, 2010, 23:45
What programs would be recommended for level design for when the time comes? Or is there no definite choice yet?

dotted
January 16th, 2010, 00:25
What programs would be recommended for level design for when the time comes? Or is there no definite choice yet?

Unknown at this point, but i hope we will be able to produce a level editor at some point though.

nilrem
January 18th, 2010, 12:07
Submitted. :)

QwentyJ
January 20th, 2010, 15:59
I can't remember if I signed up. Can anyone confrm if QwentyJ is signed up?:

I think I have, but if not, I do want to be on the development team.

Just going into the final 4 months of Uni and will not be able to do anything KK wise like the story I've been working on and the map until all my Uni work, Dissertation and exams are over!

Better just make sure I'm signed up anyhoo!

Cheers.

dotted
January 20th, 2010, 17:33
Yeah you have signed up

nilrem
January 20th, 2010, 19:37
When/How will I know if my application has been successfull?

dotted
January 20th, 2010, 20:39
When/How will I know if my application has been successfull?

I have kinda decided that Google Apps isn't really working for us so im trying to move away from it, so currently i wont be handing out any google apps accounts.

nilrem
January 21st, 2010, 09:06
Ok thanks for the information.
Is there anyother way of getting on the development team? To we have to create a little app or anything?

Kopavel
January 21st, 2010, 10:59
Is there anyother way of getting on the development team? To we have to create a little app or anything?

Walk around the forum to get an idea whats going on. Feel free to ask.
There r currently 3 (?) WFTO demos - NBKE,(OpenGL) mine (DirectX), and the one using Ogre. I believe you can find sources for all of them around the forum.
You may want to take a look at them.

I am currently working on embedding LUA into my demo, I'm planning to release it in a week. I hope there would be a nice opportunity to play with it's scripts, extending it.

Kopavel
January 21st, 2010, 11:00

I think an example of your previous work would be great for us to figure out what are you capable of.

QwentyJ
January 22nd, 2010, 21:10
Yeah you have signed up

Cheers Dotts.

nilrem
January 23rd, 2010, 13:46
Ok I'll work on some stuff. I'll make a particle system and particle system editor first.
Then maybe some obj loader and scriptreader for some basic levels.
Then I'll build on that adding some shaders. Would like to move the particle system on the GPU but the particle system on a GPU is new territory for me.

J.3.rry
January 24th, 2010, 18:54
So how long does it take to "Get in"?

Blutonium
January 25th, 2010, 07:20
Hey J.3.rry

For those that don't know, I met J.3.rry on an IRC site, and told him about Keeper Klan - Apparently he is into Coding A.I. functions and so on :)

isn't that what we need? :wizard:

Exception
January 25th, 2010, 08:19
Well, its a step in the right direction. And this is conveniently just when Kopavel is busy implementing some LUA scripting into his engine for AI.

dotted
April 8th, 2010, 12:03
Closed and unstickied to due new management