PDA

View Full Version : A question about the final campaign level.

Krizzie
June 25th, 2011, 22:51
Though I like DK1 more than DK2, I sometimes like to play the DK2 campaign cause it's a little less time consuming than DK1, so I did this week.

When playing the last level of the campaign I noticed that there is a level 10 Dark Angel surrounded by rock, a little to the right of the west Portal and just beside the 5x5 "room" which is also surrounded by rocks. Is there any way to get this Dark Angel or is this a bug on the map? I know there can be hidden triggers to remove rock area's, but I have dug out the whole map and claimed every tile but the poor guy keeps trapped. :confused:

I played V1.3, but on V1.7/1.73 I couldn't get him out either..

Skarok
June 26th, 2011, 11:13
I'm sure that I had this problem before. I thought you simply can't get him like the mistress in the level before woodsong, but actually it's very easy (if you look in the editor). Don't claim all the paths there! Claim 24 and build a temple, then claim the last path and build the last piece of the temple. If you claim everything before so that you have 25 claimed paths the flag that you need to get the dark angel will be set to 2, not to 1. After you did this you have to sacrifice a firefly, a warlock and a black knight in that order. But you have to do this really fast, they have to be in the same action point. After that you'll be able to get the dark angel

Krizzie
June 26th, 2011, 14:41
Thanks!

How on earth would someone figure this out without looking at the script? :|

DragonsLover
June 27th, 2011, 01:08
I have no idea, but I know that Bullfrog was intending to hide elite creatures through the campaign. However, they didn't have time to set them to be elite creatures and would require a modification to allow that. This is one of the things I wanted to do in my DK2 unofficial patch.

In some cases, it's easy to find them, but in others, I guess it requires some clues and at least show them to make the player knows they're hidden into solid rock.

Krizzie
June 27th, 2011, 20:34
Strange that even in V1.7 there aren't Elite's/Hints on those places and no clues either. Maybe that was on the planning for V1.8 which never came out. :P

DragonsLover
June 29th, 2011, 13:17
It's not true. There's one level where it talks about "Knud" the Elite Troll, but the Troll itself isn't elite on the level.

And no, it wasn't on the planning on Tomix's v1.8 patch. It's on mine though, but it won't be for too soon since my KeeperFX unofficial patch gives me already a lot of job.

Krizzie
June 29th, 2011, 19:37
Oh yes Knud! Forgot about him, but he's the only one then.

With V1.8 I meant the official one btw. ;)

DragonsLover
June 30th, 2011, 13:17
Official v1.8 patch ? :confused:

Anyway, in the speeches, there are all messages for when you discover an elite creature so, it was planned to be done.

Krizzie
June 30th, 2011, 14:45
So I speculated that they (as in Bullfrog) might wanted to do that in V1.8, which never came. :)

DragonsLover
July 1st, 2011, 21:34
Oh, ok... well, only Bullfrog knows.