PDA

View Full Version : Help with Smash (campaign part 10)

Tami Kovacs
June 30th, 2011, 17:47
I've made four attempts, and all have ended the same way - me defeated.
Given that by the time I get to making a move I usually have used up both portals, plus plenty of skeletons and a good dozen or so converted heroes, I should have enough of a force together to pull this off.
It seems that I have stupid creatures or something, because when I drop the flag at Asmodeus' dungeon heart, they're not attacking the door to get in there - they attack everything but the door, step all over the spike traps, and generally fail miserably at actually getting anything done.
Does anyone have any pointers? Am I doing something wrong?

Skarok
June 30th, 2011, 18:05
The don't attack the door, because they attack the more dangerous enemies first. That means they'll go first for the creatures and the traps, then for the door. You can simply set the flag further from the traps. Your creatures won't attack enemies who are to far away from the flag, the fighting distance is normaly four tiles. Anyway, the best way to kill Asmodeus is to attack from the side. On the left side of his dungeon, where you can find the hidden realm special, you dig to his lair. Drop your creatures near the breakpoint and place the call to arms flag there. If you play on version 1.7 you can set the flag to the heart after that, if you play on 1.3 or 1.5 Asmodeus will drop his army to kill you, it's better if you defeat them first. After you have killed them you can set the flag to the heart. You don't even need traps in your dungeon, if you haven't dug to the second portal from your hearth. If you want you can attack one of the hero fortresses. They'll attack then, but after you've killed the heroes in one of the fortresses the other heroes won't be able to defeat Asmodeus, at least in the older versions.

drubjak
June 30th, 2011, 19:12
Send imps to dig the wall next to the door, to break it (:

Tami Kovacs
July 1st, 2011, 19:28
Thanks guys, finally got through there and without cheating too :) powered my way through to Creep, the game finally bugged out and killed itself but I'll get there eventually.