PDA

View Full Version : Diablo I Creature Graphics in Dungeon Keeper

Zyraen
July 2nd, 2011, 06:12
As a random note, I've been considering that I used to export Diablo I graphics and import into Doom II (looked weird cuz Diablo sprites are isometric based)
I've also exported Starcraft Sprites before, though I think that's much less suitable.

Before going back to try and find all those old old utility programs, I was just wondering...
Does anyone have any interest in seeing some Diablo I creatures ported into say, KeeperFX ?

Just a random thought.

@ Keeper_Infernal : yep, KFX is boring if you don't know what you might be able to do, lol.

As a sidenote, does anyone remember the Archvile from Doom II?
That is far and away the coolest monster I've ever encountered in any Game.. unfortunately its not an isometric view...

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

The ones I thought might be of interest includes the cooler monsters like the
- Succubus
- Balrog
- Gargoyle
- Magistrate (they shoot teleport shoot teleport, can't catch em...)
- "Snakes" in Hell. they lunge at you with lots of blades. The look & feel matches DK1 very well, I think, though they're sorta ugly.

At the risk of "sacrilege", I'd like to add that Diablo I Blood Knight series was seriously the coolest "Evil Armor Knights" I've ever seen, anime aside (of course...)

natchoguy
July 2nd, 2011, 14:44
you still have a problem; possession, you need models of what they look like while you're possessing an other creature

Zyraen
July 2nd, 2011, 14:47
ouch, good point. thanks for the heads up.

DragonsLover
July 2nd, 2011, 21:50
You must also insure that their colours must be supported by the game which uses a specific color palette.

natchoguy
July 2nd, 2011, 23:13
There's a bunch of problems to tackle, not to mention the fact you need actual programers without forcing them with gunpoint