PDA

View Full Version : question about the secret level with the demon spawn

theblitched
July 12th, 2011, 21:48
Okay so I just finished the secret level where you start with a demon spawn level 1 and you need to level it up.

When I started this map i received a message that my goal was to punish a horde of rebelling bile demons. why is it saying this? I haven't seen 1 bile demon on this map.

So i clear all the hero's on the map after my demon spawn lvl 10 turned into a dragon so everything on the map is cleared and the map is fully explored. why didn't I receive a message that I conquered the realm?

What is supposed to happen?

I'm using the dutch version of keeperfx

picture of the map:

Mothrayas
July 12th, 2011, 22:41
I suppose it's unfinished, which is why it's traditionally not accessible in the first place.

Also, bonus level plots rarely had anything to do with the stage itself anyway, so I'm not surprised about the Bile Demon thing.

Metal Gear Rex
July 12th, 2011, 23:48
Also, bonus level plots rarely had anything to do with the stage itself anyway, so I'm not surprised about the Bile Demon thing.

They typically do if my memory is correct but they're usually wrong about the Units you gain from the bonus levels. I believe there was a secret level in the beta version that involved Bile Demons and Boulder Traps.

DragonsLover
July 13th, 2011, 17:10
This level is finished. It's just that the Text.dat file is wrong. My unofficial patch uses additional messages that are only available in French and English (but still, the English corrected "Text.dat" file isn't included into KeeperFX by Mefisto, but it is available into my unofficial patch version 4 for Dungeon Keeper).

The goal is really to kill everything on the map. If you killed everyone and the level still doesn't end, then I don't understand because it should work.

The message about killing Bile Demons with Boulder Traps was used into one of the Beta versions of the game. The level has been replaced in the original game, but the text was left into the data file. It's the same thing about "Ug" the Barbarian or stuff like that.

For now, since you play the Dutch version of the game and you get some irrelevant messages during the game, you'll have no choice to ignore them since there's no existing corrected messages for this language, until you wanna contribute and translate the english messages in dutch if you want.

Anyway, Mefisto asked me to work on that, it's been a lil' while. All I could do is to edit some of the text data files to put corrected english messages through the other language messages since I have absolutely no knowledge for almost all the languages. - CONTRIBUTORS REQUIRED -

Metal Gear Rex
July 13th, 2011, 17:42
The goal is really to kill everything on the map. If you killed everyone and the level still doesn't end, then I don't understand because it should work.

Should probably change it so you have to only kill the Knight. Killing all Heroes means you need to kill the Wizards and Archers in this one passage area, which is difficult to do so as you are forced to step on tiles with Traps on them.

Ogre
July 13th, 2011, 18:45
You have to walk to the very end of the map, where the Knight (Lord of the land) is. In the very end of that corridor, you will finish the level or die, depending if you have killed all the heroes or not. I walked there with my dragon and died a couple of times.. So long you have killed all the heroes on the map you should be fine.

DragonsLover
July 14th, 2011, 17:59
Should probably change it so you have to only kill the Knight. Killing all Heroes means you need to kill the Wizards and Archers in this one passage area, which is difficult to do so as you are forced to step on tiles with Traps on them.

But when you're a powerful :dragon:, it's not such a problem. And you also have plenty of time to do the task.

You have to walk to the very end of the map, where the Knight (Lord of the land) is. In the very end of that corridor, you will finish the level or die, depending if you have killed all the heroes or not. I walked there with my dragon and died a couple of times.. So long you have killed all the heroes on the map you should be fine.

I don't really understand what do you mean. You're dead if your Imp(s) die(s), if you have no creatures, if your dungeon heart is destroyed or if you run out of time. That's all. Walking in the "final" corridor without killing the heroes won't make you lose the level in any ways, and I know what I'm talking about, I did it soooo many times.

To conquer the realm, you must kill all the heroes. End. Period.