PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me what I did?

hilts255
August 5th, 2011, 04:56
I was trying to get this working so a friend and I could play multiplayer over hamachi. I kept crashing, multiplayer and single player after somewhere between 20 minutes and up to an hour in rare cases.

I got it working perfectly, no crashes ever and everything runs fine after uninstalling, reinstalling, playing with the registry, and patching to various versions over and over again, I ended up at version 1.7, 800x600 in game resolution (afraid to bump it up to 1024x720 for fear of breaking everything).

The only really noticeable thing that I think might have changed anything is under the multiplayer screen it shows RAM, before when it was crashing a ton it told me 256. Now with everything running smoothly it says 1024. Not sure what I would have changed that altered this though.

My computer is
win7x64
i7 cpu @ 2.8 ghz
6 gigs of ram
ATI 5800 series card (forget exact one, but think it is like 5870 maybe?)
8TB hard disk space

With everything running fine there is really no rush or anything, just wondering what I did for future reference, and maybe it will help others as well.

Orionzorz
August 12th, 2011, 18:02
DK2 always said 1024 mb RAM for me. Never got it to run without crashing all the time, while my pc is quite similar to yours.
If you do find out what you did that makes the game run without crashing, please do share. :p