PDA

View Full Version : "the very rock..." narrator help

elmer
August 7th, 2011, 03:21
OK
iv been playing for a while now and this is starting to really annoy me.
when i play DK2 the narrator randomly drags my screen to an UNIMPORTANT and often empty part of the map and says, "the very rock yawns with anticipation of your next move".
now i would not mind cept he does it 20 or 30 times in 60 seconds!!.
HOW DO I STOP THIS???

Metal Gear Rex
August 7th, 2011, 06:47
Look here (http://keeperklan.com/threads/890-How-to-get-silly-mentor-quotes).

As you can see, this message is not at all random. It is scripted to appear once if there is no user input for 160 seconds straight, not 20-30 times within 60 seconds.

I would consider the possibility of your disk being screwy and playing it randomly, but considering your post containing sentences with an excess of question marks, explanation points (followed by a period for some reason), your last sentence being full of all capital letters, followed by the fact that it is impossible for the message to play even 10 times within the time period of a single minute, (Even if it played constantly, which wouldn't make it random as you called it) I doubt it.

DragonsLover
August 8th, 2011, 03:33
My guess is that you didn't disabled the multi core of your processor to only use one, causing the game to run too fast.

elmer
August 8th, 2011, 07:42
thx dragonlover you were right.
and the reason my sentance was full of !!!!!'s is that i had just lost the same level for the begilleinth time.

(begilleinth be-jill-e-inth it means lots)