PDA

View Full Version : Poof!

Dre@m
September 30th, 2009, 20:09
And the game disappears. Yeah, it just started happening, I'm in the middle of a skirmish match, then poof. The game vanishes. No error, no freeze or crash. Just disappears. Process terminates itself apparently (no sign of it in Task Manager). Is there anywhere I can get a crash log.

DK2 v: 1.7
RAM: 128MB
Processor: Single-core 2GHz (the actual processor is dual core, but VM limits to using only a single core for the VM-OS)

natchoguy
September 30th, 2009, 20:19
That happens to me if I load 2 save games but I'm OK with it.

Metal Gear Rex
September 30th, 2009, 20:48
I get problems like that when I play DK2 on my computer. What did you do? And what was going on in the game?

Dre@m
September 30th, 2009, 21:05
I get problems like that when I play DK2 on my computer. What did you do? And what was going on in the game?

Nothing out of the ordinary. I was just picking up an idle imp, something I'd done loads of times before. But it just disappeared.

Metal Gear Rex
September 30th, 2009, 21:07
Probably something outside of your dungeon happened or something outside the game.

Dre@m
September 30th, 2009, 21:58
Probably something outside of your dungeon happened or something outside the game.

Can't be outside the game, it was litterally just fresh Windows and Dungeon Keeper running.

dk2player
September 30th, 2009, 23:47
Have you checked the txt file that appears when you first use 1.7?

Metal Gear Rex
October 1st, 2009, 04:35
Can't be outside the game, it was litterally just fresh Windows and Dungeon Keeper running.

Sometimes I get stuff that happens on the starting of windows, or as you call it fresh, that doesn't normally happen.

DragonsLover
October 1st, 2009, 10:42
Maybe it's related with SafeDisc? Have you tried removing it? Use UnSafeDisc (http://www.dungeon-keeper.net/files/misc/unsafediscv1.5.5.zip) and check if the problem still occur.

Dre@m
October 1st, 2009, 18:04
Sometimes I get stuff that happens on the starting of windows, or as you call it fresh, that doesn't normally happen.

I meant a fresh install. Nothing but the bare basics of Windows litterly. It was Install Windows > Install DK2

And whats this UnSafeDisc gizmo? I have an original copy of DK2...

Krizzie
October 1st, 2009, 18:22
What resolution are you running in DK2?

My patched to 1.73 version runs great at 800x600, stable as a house. But at 1024x768 it crashes within 5 minutes.

Q sound off
Hardware Video off
All effects off
Shadows off
Settings High

Dre@m
October 1st, 2009, 18:26
800x600

Hardware Acceleration Off (Unavailable)
Shadows 3 (Not the problem for sure)
Graphics High
Effects Off (I presume?)
Q Sound No idea what this is anyway so whatever is default.