PDA

View Full Version : Recording the game while playing

DarK_KaiN
August 28th, 2011, 11:16
Hey guys,

I wanted to record some of my games, tried fraps but the graphics were horrible. If someone knows how and with what I can record the game, please post here. It'll be really appreciated.

It's sad that the game doesn't have a replay saving system.

kyle
August 30th, 2011, 18:15
By "Graphics were horrible" I take it you mean it lagged. In which case I don't believe you computer is powerful enough to capture while playing. There are other methods by which you could record your game, that shouldn't have as large as an impact on your game's performance.

DarK_KaiN
August 30th, 2011, 21:17
It wasn't lagging, it was like I was playing in safe mode. I mean you could tell what was happening but it was too painful to watch. I'll try to describe it: it was really dark, the light colors were "dirty". I thought I needed to adjust something, like with sound where I go to Run->dxdiag->no acceleration or to use a different recording software.

Thanks for the reply. My PC is powerful enough to record without lags :). If you know those other methods to recording I'm open to suggestions.

kyle
August 31st, 2011, 00:04
Another method is by using hardware which would cost you money. Have you tried turning off certain graphical options like hardware acceleration?

DarK_KaiN
August 31st, 2011, 13:52
You must've meant software. Can't afford spending money on that. No I haven't tried to turn off hardware acceleration. If you know, tell me where and what should I turn off?

kyle
August 31st, 2011, 13:54
I meant hardware, as you can purchase things like capture cards. In the options screen in the main menu there is an option under video or something I thinkcalled "Hardware Acceleration". Have a look and see if that is on.

DarK_KaiN
September 1st, 2011, 21:36
I'll look for it thanks!

zivs
September 4th, 2011, 21:55
Just a quick note - for me too it's impossible to use fraps or any other software, since the result is pretty much just flickering eyecancer ... Even when HW acceleration is on. Wouldn't mind to hear some globally effective and nice way to make videos from in-game :)

kyle
September 4th, 2011, 23:21
Well I just tried some recording, worked fine for me. Do you get these graphical problems when your not trying to record the game?

DarK_KaiN
September 10th, 2011, 15:01
No Fraps works perfectly on Warcraft III for example. What soft did you use?

kyle
September 10th, 2011, 15:45
FRAPS

dotted
September 13th, 2011, 08:08
You could try Xsplit, but FRAPS is ideal, as Xsplit is meant for live streaming.

DarK_KaiN
October 5th, 2011, 11:01
Interesting, tryed recording today and everything went fine. The only thing I did change was I reinstalled DKII this time I used DKII from Materonic which I bought on amazon.co.uk Also this time I was in single player. I'll try recording multiplayer and sharing it here, I guess it will be interesting to see my games :). Including that there are not so much DKII First Person VOD's. This is gonna be fun. Of course I'll ask the partner to agree on recording. I guess problem is solved :< thanks kyle for answering all the questions :).

DarK_KaiN
October 30th, 2011, 15:43
Recorded both multiplayer and single also learned to compress - the program's name is handbrake - it's easy to use and it turns 10 mins - 3,95 GB into 109 MB with almost no difference in graphics. The difference is barely seen. Maybe I'll put some videos later, right now I have to do a format C to make my Dungeon Keeper II working, I guess to get rid of errors I'll start using Linux.