PDA

View Full Version : Map Types

Metal Gear Rex
October 2nd, 2009, 03:40
What are all of the map types you can make? Example...

1. Standard-You have a basic setting of fighting Dungeon Keepers and heroes.

2. Vs. Heroes-Self-explanatory

3. Vs. Keepers-Self-explanatory

4. Hero Keeper-Use of heroes instead of creatures from the keeper pool, probably facing creatures too.

5. Hero Invasion-Where you are under attack by a large invasion force by heroes.

6. Keeper Invasion-On the old forum, I saw some maps that Diety Demon created. In these maps you played as the heroes, but the difference is that you are the hero parties.

7. Lord Keeper-A new type of map I'm working on. This time, you play as the heroes. But I tried to capture what the heroes actually do. There are reinforcements after a certain amount of time passes, but they only replace heroes you've lost and go up to the heroes you began with. You also only dig rooms farther away from you. There are some rooms usually close-by, however. There is alot of space, and you usually face a Dungeon Keeper and gain forces from neutral creatures.

Are there any other map types that anyone else has created?

Krizzie
October 2nd, 2009, 06:55
Puzzle, First person maps. See the secret levels. :)

But never really liked that though.

Metal Gear Rex
October 2nd, 2009, 12:15
Doesn't matter, still a map type. I must have forgotten that one, thanks.

Any more map types? Has anyone tried creating more types? I was inspired a bit by the "Hand of Good" discussion.

Hapuga
October 2nd, 2009, 12:33
Any. I have huuuge experience from Red Alert and HOMM3 map making. I like very large, very detailed maps with lots of hidden specials to find.

I like creating maps more than playing the game itself =)

Metal Gear Rex
October 2nd, 2009, 13:21
I do too, a little bit.

aXidal
November 4th, 2009, 15:57
Multiplayer coop where you and your friends controll one creatures each in first person and togheter should defeat a group och heros/keepers/minions. I don't think this exist yet but it could be a possible map type at least. don't know if that count though ^^

sry for bad english :(

dragonfist
November 7th, 2009, 23:25
Well, there are many types of Dungeons. I once made a dungeon having hellhounds only. In fact, when you give the player0 a Scavenger room, you will have to calculate wich creatures to scavenge or not.

Maps can also be divided in having tunnellers or not. Meaning, does the player have to attack or defend with digging. Enemy Keepers are in fact also dungeons. I also divide maps in having gems or not, because when there is no gemms, most times timing becomes more important.

I donĀ“t like hero dungeons, because they are not scripted in the original campaign. Heroes in the pool means, all heroes come at once, not from rooms you build.