PDA

View Full Version : Something you need?

abominable
September 22nd, 2011, 18:57
I have been thinking, and I believe that it might be a waste of time coming with suggestions, or at least some suggestions not just bears with lazers and machine guns but perhaps even good suggestions, because there might not be room for them in wftow.

What I would like is a list of things you need such as: types of creatures or spells etc etc...

And I would also like to know if there are anything you dont need.

And also, if there are anything like this already, then where is it?

Mothrayas
September 22nd, 2011, 20:04
I have been thinking, and I believe that it might be a waste of time coming with suggestions, or at least some suggestions not just bears with lazers and machine guns but perhaps even good suggestions, because there might not be room for them in wftow.

What I would like is a list of things you need such as: types of creatures or spells etc etc...

Well, there's lists of things we do have, but it's in the private developer section.

The problem at looking for things "needed" is that there's already a lot of stuff: just about anything is already covered. Suggestions just basically need to be new or innovative (but still effective and worthy of putting in, of course).

Anyway, we do need more Neutral side unit suggestions. Try to go for something in that direction.

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2011, 08:34

We can't really provide a public list of what we already have or anything similar to that. Even providing a list of things we need would be indirectly making a public list of everything we already have as people can probably figure out that if we don't need a "Debuffer" type of Unit on the Creature Side, it means we already have one and it is obviously the Witch as she's the only (good) Debuffer Unit Suggestion on the Creature Side. (I know it is obvious that the Witch was already accepted but she's just an example to get the point across)

However, I can tell you that all things from or related to DK1 or DK2 are things that are unneeded. Everything from either game was either "accepted" so we don't need a second copy, or it was "rejected" for one reason or another so it would be pointless to create a suggestion similar to it as said suggestion would probably also get rejected. And in case you didn't know, there are a few suggestions that were publically accepted such as the Witch that I mentioned above.

A suggestion for trying to find something that is needed is to try and look through the Suggestions forum and see what kinds of suggestions we already have, (I know it is quite lengthy but if you really want to see what we have, that's probably the best way you can do it at the moment) then try to think of something new that hasn't been suggested before. Use the same logic as above and don't suggest something similar to what's already been suggested, as it will either be a second copy to what we already have or be rejected for the same reason the first/original suggestion was rejected.

The problem at looking for things "needed" is that there's already a lot of stuff: just about anything is already covered. Suggestions just basically need to be new or innovative (but still effective and worthy of putting in, of course).

I actually think we have enough Units to get us by, at least on the Creature and Hero side. There's nothing that's really "needed" anymore, but at the same time, there's still room for more. There are still more possibilities for very unique Unit Roles. The Succubus is a good example of a unique Unit. She's not really "needed" but she makes the game more interesting.

I myself have a few ideas for a few (Just a few) more Suggestions. Most of them aren't really "needed", but they make the game more interesting as they add new types of Units which can lead to more types of strategies and what not.