PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Hold The Fort!

Kromeh
October 5th, 2009, 00:15
I am beginning development on a Dk2 map named "Hold the Fort"

The goal is simple, defend with your limited forces against 3 other dungeon keepers. However, no one has portals, gold, or spells (with the exception of possesion) The attackers get waves of troops which they must then lead into battle via possesion groups.

Some global variables will change to make certain units so they are effective for this gameplay type.

Imps: increased attack

(that's all so far)

All units that are possessed will have increased stats, making them more of a leader unit.

The attackers must destroy the defenders heart within 20 minutes, or the defender wins (i'll make it spawn 100 angels on your hearts, each >=D)
Currently, the terrain is finished, and i am working on the scripting for more than just imp wars.

Anywho's, expect a beta within a few days ;)

dk2player
October 6th, 2009, 02:28
so, any news yet?

Kromeh
October 6th, 2009, 02:54
Not much, got exams this week, but terrain and most spawning triggers are built, along with area capture triggers (bonus units for taking certain parts)

I'm just going to try and finetune it for awhile.

Units do not get angry for not having food/lair to prevent the defending keeper from healing his units.

emperorjay
December 21st, 2009, 23:38
sounds like a good idea. I sort of tried this with AI keepers but it kind of failed :(
id be happy to help test it if you want ;)