PDA

View Full Version : Partly black screen

roland
October 10th, 2011, 16:41
Hello folks!

I have been visiting this forums quite often, as a lurker. I'm not new to DK, in the end of the 90's I played it for the first time. I really love the game.

Now and then I still play the game. Yesterday I finished the campaign level. I downloaded the three bonus packs and the update to 1.7. Now here's where the trouble comes. I ran all three files, started DK2 as I did yesterday. No problem so far, until I enter the menu and I only see the words. The background is black. Also, when I start up a skirmish level, I only see the "hand of evil"-cursos and I can hear the usual sounds (opening of the dungeon heart and the imps). But once again, the map is black.

I took the advices given in the troubleshooting forum;
I tried the UnSafeDisc, but couldn't rename the testme.exe file because it wasn't in the map.
Also, I checked the checkbox to compatibility-mode Win98. Didn't help either.
At last, I d/l-ed the 1.8-update. That did not work neither.

I'm not a tech-guy when it comes to computers. I have Vista running on my PC. Two pictures are included; 1 of the menu and 1 in-game.

932 933

Can someone help me?

Thanks! :)

kyle
October 10th, 2011, 19:47
Have you turned hardware acceleration off?

roland
October 13th, 2011, 13:01
Thanks you for your response :)

I set the in-game hardware acceleration off. Tried it but still the same, also after starting up the PC.

DragonsLover
October 13th, 2011, 17:48
When you set hardware acceleration to off, you must start a game to apply the changes.

roland
October 14th, 2011, 15:58
Thank you!! :D

I didn't know I had to start a game first in order to apply the changes. I can't wait to play v1.8.

Thanks again, I'll keep lurking on this forum. I'll esp. keep an eye on the remake of the 1st DK.