PDA

View Full Version : Faircoast Cavern OOC Thread

Metal Gear Rex
April 6th, 2012, 02:23
Please discuss anything related to Faircoast Cavern here.

Skarok
April 6th, 2012, 19:51
So, got any plans when you'll research the combat pit or temple Moth? Planned to get a DA or DK in Northland but if you think you'll get them soon I'd wait to get one of them in FCC.

Mothrayas
April 6th, 2012, 19:57
So, got any plans when you'll research the combat pit or temple Moth? Planned to get a DA or DK in Northland but if you think you'll get them soon I'd wait to get one of them in FCC.

You can expect to wait quite a while for that. Animus has a lot of rooms to build, and also build them with whatever gold he can find lying about nearby. Don't expect rooms such as the Temple or Combat Pit anytime soon.

Skarok
April 6th, 2012, 20:01
Ah right forgot about the gold. Guess not everyone has a gemstone next door like Tesonu. :P Well, I guess I'll let them out of here then and maybe transfer them later

ARMofORION
April 8th, 2012, 00:40
Is there a remote chance that we will face Larquidos and his new force in this realm?

Metal Gear Rex
April 8th, 2012, 00:42
Is there a remote chance that we will face Larquidos and his new force in this realm?

Who knows, you'll see in the future :P

MeinCookie
April 11th, 2012, 01:28
Spindle just coincidently mentions creatures zipping around the dungeon, and hellhounds in the same post, and in the next post Bug the Super Fly appears. If only it had been Vermillion =3

Skarok
April 11th, 2012, 20:25
Matthew decides to climb across the walls barely touching the lava underneath him the heat which is unbarable is under him so one fall is a molten doom
Matthew makes his way across and sees something in the distance.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6519/physicsanyone.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/physicsanyone.png/)

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2012, 21:15
Spindle just coincidently mentions creatures zipping around the dungeon, and hellhounds in the same post, and in the next post Bug the Super Fly appears. If only it had been Vermillion =3

Tesonu gave her his dice.

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2012, 00:13
KSS, there are a few major things wrong with your last post.

Matthew gets the after taste of that wine(read northland iceland post) and matthew pukes all overs skios face and matthew grabs the bug and tosses him into the lava not carring for who he was.

Firstly, this borders on breaking two rules in the RPG.

God moding is completely out of the question. God moding is for example taking over another player's character, hitting a character with an attack.

Your post implies that Skios did nothing after Matthew stabbed him, (Action from summary) picked him up, and ran over to the Lava. (Action from summary) Implying that Skios allowed himself to be thrown over into the Lava. Taking control of a character's actions in order to create inaction does count, and that's pretty much what you did.

I should probably add that to the rules as well to make sure it is clear.

No killing another player's creature. Killing is not allowed unless the owner of that creature has agreed to having his/her creature killed in the RPG.

Secondly, this sort of action could kill Skios or at the very least, cripple him severely. Matthew wasn't into the lava very long as he was picked up by Animus. But for Skios to be thrown, however, I don't know if he'd be able to get out on his own before he died or suffered severe injury.

Additionally, I find it questionable that he would have the strength to do these things after not only being slapped and burned in lava, but having just vomited and with only 35% Health.

Summary: Matthew is slapped in lava and is began being totured. matthew pukes on skios and stabs the little buger and runs to the lava and tosses the bugger in.

Secondly, the Summary isn't even consistent with the main post. It adds in extra details that didn't really happen according to the main post. Skios was never stabbed and you wrote nothing of Matthew running over to the lava.

Keeper approval:0 (but after ive done this probly -500)

Something I just noticed, but did you purposely have Matthew ignore orders knowing there would be some serious backlash? Why? Doesn't really say anything about true disloyalty in his profile.

On that note, you might want to update his profile to change his Realm from Northland to Faircoast.

MeinCookie
April 12th, 2012, 00:49
Also just for clarification if you haven't tried DK 1... these are giant spiders we are talking about, and come up to the waist of adult human creatures when the stand up against them. Not easily picked up or thrown. Beetles are similarly large. Flies aren't quite that large but they are still relatively massive - maybe the size of a beachball and larger in general. These are all variable but hold as a general rule.

Mothrayas
April 12th, 2012, 08:41
Yeah, pretty flagrant foul on both rules Rex mentioned there. Also, while Matthew is level 2, Skios is level 5 - if anything, he'd be the one throwing Matthew into the lava.

Also, I wonder how he can "grab and throw" a spider that's clinging to his leg while biting his flesh. Even if he did manage to pull him off, he'd probably rip out your own flesh while pulling the spider out.

KSS
April 12th, 2012, 10:39
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6519/physicsanyone.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/physicsanyone.png/)
One Does not Simply Correct others on how to scale a wall with one dagger.

Skarok
April 12th, 2012, 10:54
One Does not Simply Correct others on how to scale a wall with one dagger.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6118/logicsanyone.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/logicsanyone.png/)

You're doing it wrong. :P This time I even had to say 'One does not simply' twice. Maybe you'll notice now. (Hides the fact that he fucked up the image)

KSS
April 13th, 2012, 01:44
One does not simply correct a rogue with a rogue from lord of the rings that isnt even qualify as a rogue And one does not simply complain about the past.

nijuni_kuro
April 14th, 2012, 19:29
I'm suddenly reminded of a certain Goblin from the beginning of the RP (at ye olde forume), who jumped over several tiles of lava, activating the Boulder Trap, then latched onto it's side with his dagger as it rolled, somehow managing to change it's direction and use it to get to a clearing several dozen meters up the lava river, all while holding an Imp with his right hand. And also of Thefsuth's rocket lava-skies. XD

No offense, KSS. You're much more reasonable than that guy, I was just reminded of it.

Mothrayas
April 15th, 2012, 12:44
Literally first reaction on reading:

After being shot in the back with something icy which seemed to spread onley on his back for some reason

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/131/319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

Skarok
April 15th, 2012, 12:48
Ah, now everyone begins to use meme images! :D Genious, you made my day!

And by the way, how is anyone who doesn't even want to enter the Portal himself already suppossed to find the note Matt dropped down? They'd be miles away and I doubt anyone would care to bring them the note.

MeinCookie
April 15th, 2012, 12:56
Somewhere to improve your writing skills;

Never use the phrase "for some reason" again... ever, lol. You've lost the right :). You use it far to much. Find a reason. It doesn't matter if its crazy or complete techno-magical gibberish... if you can't find a reason that makes sense in context, then it doesn't make sense... so don't do it ;). Or you could just say it happened and leave it at that... because all you achieve by saying "for some reason" is sign-posting the fact that the thing you just wrote is unjustified and, possibly, non-sensical :confused:.

Fix it, man. Make it so.

Metal Gear Rex
April 16th, 2012, 05:19
Many may be wondering as to how Daniel and Max appeared so quickly in order to help out Matthew. Well, for those who wonder, I shall present to you... an answer. Background lore!

So Matthew left a note by the entrance. It drifted down the portal while attached to the knife and it gained momentum through gravity. It then hit a wall towards the bottom, then bounced off in a different direction. It traveled through the under underground by bounching across the walls due to such speed until it reached another portal and hit a corner. It bounced upwards, going up and up along the Entrance Walls and into the land of Bywheat Brush. (wtf kind of name is that?)

From there, Daniel happened to be walking by with Max, and then the knife suddenly shot out of the portal and hit Daniel in the head through the handle end. He read the note, and realized Matthew was in trouble. He smashed a bottle of wine, then stabbed an Imp with the shattered glass, and jumped on Max and began riding onwards.

They fell down the Portal, and began to search for Matthew. Due to the fact that Matthew left no information regarding his current location, they had to follow the marks on the walls left by the knife. They traveled through the underdungeons while following these marks, eventually reaching the bottom of the Entrance Portal of Faircoast.

And I think you know the rest. Yes, all of that within the span of two posts.

KSS
April 16th, 2012, 06:54
Ok ill explain it remember how My guy is dropped into the lava iw ould be slapped in back first and probly jsut my back burned so basicly you know how you get out of a shower and it gets cold? well it works like that

Skarok
April 16th, 2012, 13:43
Ok ill explain it remember how My guy is dropped into the lava iw ould be slapped in back first and probly jsut my back burned so basicly you know how you get out of a shower and it gets cold? well it works like that

Da fuq?

MeinCookie
April 16th, 2012, 13:53
Somewhere to improve your writing skills;

Never use the phrase "for some reason" again... ever, lol. You've lost the right :). You use it far to much. Find a reason. It doesn't matter if its crazy or complete techno-magical gibberish... if you can't find a reason that makes sense in context, then it doesn't make sense... so don't do it ;). Or you could just say it happened and leave it at that... because all you achieve by saying "for some reason" is sign-posting the fact that the thing you just wrote is unjustified and, possibly, non-sensical :confused:.

Fix it, man. Make it so.

His response was in response to this in response to this in response to Moth's post.

Skarok
April 16th, 2012, 13:56
Well, he sould've quoted you. That was completely out of context there, I thought he answered to Rex about the civil war he wants to start. :P

edit: Btw KSS, you forgot to completely mention Pel's punch at all. You must either write that he dodges it or gets hit. ;)

Mothrayas
April 16th, 2012, 15:27
His response was in response to this in response to this in response to Moth's post.

Still doesn't make a lick of sense to me what he's saying.

Metal Gear Rex
April 16th, 2012, 17:11
As I've already told Mothrayas through private conversation and through the chat, I'd be willing to allow Animus to sack Matthew and his allies if they do end up starting some kind of "civil war".

The problem is that, due to the "No killing another player's creature." rule, this would technically create an almost never ending battle. And I don't think imprisoning Matthew would really solve anything because then KSS will be left without a Creature to RP. That and, he's a Rogue, you can't really keep him locked away as he may eventually free himself. It will require someone else to constantly remain guarding to prevent that sort of thing, and that wouldn't be fair to the RPer forced to keep watch.

In the end, it just creates too many problems for Faircoast to let him be if Matthew has such intentions and actions, so sacking him would be probably the best or one of the best solutions.

Skarok
April 17th, 2012, 15:18
KSS, your last FCC post was again a case of godmodding through inactivity from Pel who would've done more than just wait there while Matthew and his gang flee. You have to either change your post or allow me to have Pel wounding your creatures (Not Matthew obviously). This way it wouldn't hurt his character, we wouldn't need to make arrangments to change your post and you can simply enter a new realm instantly. I won't kill one of your caracters nor cripple them, just giving them a few wounds before they manage to flee. Idf that'd be alright then give the go. If not you'd have to change your post to give Pel a chance to attack, so it would boil down to the same thing basically.

Mothrayas
April 18th, 2012, 21:54
Post #68:

"Animus, words"
Post #69:

"Pel, response"
Post #70:

complaint thought Animus didn't respond earlier

Jeebus, Pel is an impatient bastard.

Skarok
April 19th, 2012, 13:25
I see, that post was confusing as hell. Some bad problems with the time there, don't have time to fix it now so I'll just dispose of it.

Mothrayas
April 25th, 2012, 17:01
IMPORTANT: Inactivity announcement

Note to all Faircoast Cavern roleplayers: I'll temporarily be inactive due to final exams coming up so I can't spend any of my valuable time on The Awakening. So that means, no Keeper Animus posts (and also no Skios/Krua/Hellhound posts, either).

This inactivity period ends 30 May at its earliest. That's when my exams are finished, but note that after that I may still take a while to catch up on matters.

Creatures can continue roleplaying as they please, but do note the following things:

Heed the RPG rules (http://keeperklan.com/threads/51-RPG-Rules) still, obviously.
Particularly pay attention to godmodding and interaction with other characters rules; without me watching to pay attention towards what's happening, it may take longer until we find out if people are violating rules. Please just try not to (borderline) break the rules at all.
Don't bother interacting with Keeper Animus, or with my other creatures (Skios/Krua/Ouroboros&Ragnarok). I won't respond.
Do not abuse my or my characters' inactivity to play tricks with them (this counts as godmoding-through-inactivity). Just don't interact with my characters period.
Creatures should not communicate to Animus in any way that would require a response (such as questions). Informative statements to the keeper are okay, as long as the creatures don't expect a response.
Do not go outside dungeon perimeters; specifically, do NOT go into the lava area. Offending characters will be kicked off the realm with no mercy.
Metal Gear Rex will announce payday roughly after post #81. Creatures can collect payday as usual.
Keep salaries reasonable; don't abuse the fact that Animus is not there (as above, this counts as godmoding-through-inactivity). Animus has 3610 gold, which should be more than enough for all creatures' wages.
Hint for researching creatures: as I won't be there to gauge research process, and I'll be away for quite a while, they can mix up their researching activities. If all creatures focus on one thing, they'll overkill on research quite quickly, wasting creature resources.

Metal Gear Rex
April 25th, 2012, 20:26
As Mothrayas will be absent, I will watch over Faircoast with a more careful eye than usual to ensure that no one tries anything, though I am certain mostly everybody will obey the rules.

Metal Gear Rex
May 3rd, 2012, 07:22
I was planning on eventually shelving Bug because he, like Oliran and Ribs, is primarily a comical character. I don't want to overuse him or any humor that he brings will eventually dry up. However, the reason why I shelved him now was because I want to help progress with RCI more so. Faircoast already demonstrated to having an active audience during the time Moth was active, so I don't think it needs much help from me. Bug doesn't contribute much as Animus seems to prefer Ouroboros over him as the scout, and he already has a competent Research/Manufacturing Team. Animus still has Zukia, who can perform both tasks like Bug.

But as he says, he'll eventually be back.

Metal Gear Rex
July 31st, 2012, 11:34
Just something I thought of doing as a warning upon realizing that Moth's chat message was put back into the chat log with the conversation between Cookie and I.

"In case anyone is intending to post in FCC, don't do so yet. I need to work out an extensive post first, and I don't want someone screwing up all my plans." - Mothrayas

Mothrayas
August 7th, 2012, 16:45
Just something I thought of doing as a warning upon realizing that Moth's chat message was put back into the chat log with the conversation between Cookie and I.

"In case anyone is intending to post in FCC, don't do so yet. I need to work out an extensive post first, and I don't want someone screwing up all my plans." - Mothrayas

Which, for the record, was done last evening. Feel free to post again.

Mothrayas
September 17th, 2012, 23:17
Small notice, because it's easy to overlook: Maidens have a special trait which makes them immune to all negative status effects, and web. Just in case it could be relevant.

Metal Gear Rex
September 18th, 2012, 01:07
Small notice, because it's easy to overlook: Maidens have a special trait which makes them immune to all negative status effects, and web. Just in case it could be relevant.

It's not relevant.

PS: Also I think this should be written alongside their abilities what their special traits are so it's harder to miss/forget. I was planning on doing something myself but no need to wait for me to set the example.

nijuni_kuro
September 23rd, 2012, 10:42
I should really stop using the Dice Roller and start using the actual dice to determine the success of my creatures' attacks. >.>

On another note, didn't Mothrayas say the reboud Maiden (Shiyzhi) is lv7? Why's everyone refering to her as lv6 in their battle summaries?

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2012, 10:52
I should really stop using the Dice Roller and start using the actual dice to determine the success of my creatures' attacks. >.>

I'm guessing you rolled 3 6s and got completely screwed over? Either way, I wouldn't refer to luck to fight and instead simply judge the fighting creatures and the current circumstances of the fight to determine who hits and misses.

On another note, didn't Mothrayas say the reboud Maiden (Shiyzhi) is lv7? Why's everyone refering to her as lv6 in their battle summaries?

My bad, I copy and pasted then edited the description for Shiyzhi, but apparently forgot to change the level. Fixed it for Orion and I.

On another note. Out of all the members who were originally "assigned" to the fight (so not including Dranton, Xerina, nor Chips), everyone has posted aside from Ryan and Pel. And out of those who posted, 3/4 actually engaged with the Maidens (Niea, Hayta, Marteal. Valkoth is kinda on the boarder for various reasons) while everyone else simply arrived at the scene.

Just thought I'd bring that out so people aren't "waiting" for new people to post and so we don't repeat the end of that one Northland battle. I may post again to respond to recent events regarding Xerina.

MeinCookie
September 23rd, 2012, 10:54
Ahhh yes, good spotting. It looks like MGR made a mistake when he first set up his battle summary. And everyone always just copies theirs from him =)

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2012, 10:56
Ahhh yes, good spotting. It looks like MGR made a mistake when he first set up his battle summary. And everyone always just copies theirs from him =)

Unoriginal punks they are. >:(

Metal Gear Rex
November 15th, 2012, 18:50
nijuni, I noticed you referred to Niea's crossbow in the summary. I fixed it and changed it to Hayta, just so you know.

He grasped the training dummy corpse with all six legs and beat his wings as hard as he could. With a loud crunch, the dummy came loose from the ground. Zama and the hellhound briefly looked up from their training.

Also, Decagon, this is technically godmodding as you are controlling the actions of Player Creatures not controlled by you. It's a minor thing here, but still applies. I've edited this out already.

Searingflame2
November 16th, 2012, 08:37
I like how to fix RP god modding you need to meta god mode.

Sweet, sweet irony.

Keeper Decagon
November 16th, 2012, 08:48
Also, Decagon, this is technically godmodding as you are controlling the actions of Player Creatures not controlled by you. It's a minor thing here, but still applies. I've edited this out already.

Oops, sorry about that.

nijuni_kuro
November 18th, 2012, 14:40
nijuni, I noticed you referred to Niea's crossbow in the summary. I fixed it and changed it to Hayta, just so you know.
Oh. Silly me, confusing those two. Thanks for fixing that.

nijuni_kuro
November 19th, 2012, 14:45
I changed my post slightly and had Xerina return the crossbow to Hayta, since she haven't left the Guard Room yet.

Metal Gear Rex
November 19th, 2012, 15:52
I changed my post slightly and had Xerina return the crossbow to Hayta, since she haven't left the Guard Room yet.

Probably a good thing to. Haven't seen Orion since the start of the month and his last post is exactly a month old. I see Searing more frequently now.

NerdyTB
December 3rd, 2012, 06:45
Hi everyone! Hopefully I'm not too late to get into the RPing action. I didn't even know there was a RP forum for Dungeon Keeper until I started reinstalling my DK 1 and 2 and I needed KeeperFX to get DK1 working. Really glad I found this. Anyways, I sent a character profile to Metal Gear Rex so I can possibly join you guys in Faircoast Cavern. I would tell you guys what my character is, but I kind of want to leave it as a surprise.

NerdyTB
December 24th, 2012, 05:50
Yegzil Trap/Door Timetables, Payment, & Assistant Requirements

Trap Name:
Time Required:
Payment for Completion:
Assistants Required:

Alarm Trap:
10 Minutes (1 Post)
25 Gold
N/A

Boulder Trap
20 Minutes (2 Posts)
75 Gold
N/A

Fear Trap
15 minutes (1.5 posts)
50 Gold
N/A

Fireburst Trap
45 minutes (4.5 posts)
150 Gold
N/A

Freeze Trap
20 minutes (2 posts)
75 Gold
N/A

Gas Trap
30 minutes (3 posts)
100 Gold
N/A

Guard Post
15 minutes (1.5 posts)
50 Gold
N/A

Lightning Trap
40 minutes (4 posts)
125 Gold
N/A

Sentry Trap
20 minutes (2 posts)
75 Gold
N/A

Spike Trap
30 minutes (3 posts)
100 Gold
N/A

Trigger Trap
5 minutes (1/2 a post)
10 Gold
N/A

Door Name:
Time Required:
Payment for Completion:
Assistants Required:

Barricade
10 minutes (1 post)
25 Gold
N/A

Braced Door
20 minutes (2 posts)
50 Gold
N/A

Magic Door
1 hour (6 posts)
200 Gold
N/A

Secret Door
1.25 hours (7.5 posts)
250 Gold
N/A

Steel Door
30 minutes (3 posts)
100 Gold
N/A

Wooden Door
15 minutes (1.5 posts)
50 Gold
N/A

What do you guys think?

Searingflame2
December 24th, 2012, 06:55
I think everything should be scaled down to about a half, but rounded up. Alarm trap 1 post yeah. Word of power taking 12 posts though? Negative. Faster! 6 posts will do, and even that might be a bit much. Two triggers in a post is good though.

Also, when you say posts, I presume you mean thread posts? So say you make post, arbitrarily, #400, by post #409 you'll have completed a lava trap, regardless of how many of those posts are your own in the interim, yes? Otherwise you're selling yourself far too short.

Metal Gear Rex
December 24th, 2012, 07:08
I think everything should be scaled down to about a half, but rounded up. Alarm trap 1 post yeah. Word of power taking 12 posts though? Negative. Faster! 6 posts will do, and even that might be a bit much. Two triggers in a post is good though.

Also, when you say posts, I presume you mean thread posts? So say you make post, arbitrarily, #400, by post #409 you'll have completed a lava trap, regardless of how many of those posts are your own in the interim, yes? Otherwise you're selling yourself far too short.

12 Posts actually is not a long time, especially considering it's the Word of Power, which would be the strongest Trap of its kind if it actually existed. That is, if the post counter counts any post rather than simply his own.

The values are actually quite small. If this was Frozengard or RCI, I would think differently, but it isn't. Faircoast currently rivals Northland for the most active realm, if not besting it. It's hard to tell given the circumstances, but this is what seems to me at the moment. It won't take a very long time for these things to be built. Even doubling all the values wouldn't be unreasonable.

Jack-in-the-Box, Lava, and Word-of-Power Traps need to be removed. They don't exist here.

NerdyTB
December 24th, 2012, 08:03

Yea, I mean thread posts of everyone.

12 Posts actually is not a long time, especially considering it's the Word of Power, which would be the strongest Trap of its kind if it actually existed. That is, if the post counter counts any post rather than simply his own.

The values are actually quite small. If this was Frozengard or RCI, I would think differently, but it isn't. Faircoast currently rivals Northland for the most active realm, if not besting it. It's hard to tell given the circumstances, but this is what seems to me at the moment. It won't take a very long time for these things to be built. Even doubling all the values wouldn't be unreasonable.

Jack-in-the-Box, Lava, and Word-of-Power Traps need to be removed. They don't exist here.

I removed those traps. I made the values small since he's really good at manufacturing, but it bores him so he stops after an hour or two, so it equals out. Also, do you think the payment is reasonable?

Metal Gear Rex
December 24th, 2012, 09:04
I removed those traps. I made the values small since he's really good at manufacturing, but it bores him so he stops after an hour or two, so it equals out.

Even so, it's still too fast, even for a Troll. It'll take more posts to destroy the Traps than to make them.

Also, do you think the payment is reasonable?

Seems so, though I think Animus will go broke if he demands too much.

NerdyTB
December 24th, 2012, 10:27
Even so, it's still too fast, even for a Troll. It'll take more posts to destroy the Traps than to make them.

Hm, good point. Should I double all of them, just certain ones, or increase some more than others?

Metal Gear Rex
December 24th, 2012, 10:43
Hm, good point. Should I double all of them, just certain ones, or increase some more than others?

Doubling them will be the easiest thing to do but that won't work for all of them. Some need a little more tweaking than that. I'll just repost the table with what I think would be good values. I'm also going to reorder everything so it's easier to compare.

Trap Name:
Time Required:

Guard Post
2 Posts

Alarm Trap:
3 Post

Trigger Trap
4 Posts

Gas Trap
4 Posts

Sentry Trap
4 Posts

Freeze Trap
7 Posts

Spike Trap
8 Posts

Lightning Trap
9 Posts

Fear Trap
10 Posts

Boulder Trap
14 Posts

Fireburst Trap
20 Posts

Door Name:
Time Required:

Wooden Door
3 Posts

Barricade
5 Posts

Braced Door
6 Posts

Steel Door
10 Posts

Magic Door
16 Posts

Secret Door
18 Posts

NerdyTB
December 24th, 2012, 11:39
Doubling them will be the easiest thing to do but that won't work for all of them. Some need a little more tweaking than that. I'll just repost the table with what I think would be good values.

Ok. Going to remove the minutes/hours, since they seem useless, and repost the table accordingly with adjusting some of the prices based on how much time it takes to make them and removing the useless column.

Trap Name:
Time Required:
Payment for Completion:

Alarm Trap:
3 Posts
45 Gold

Boulder Trap
14 Posts
210 Gold

Fear Trap
10 Posts
150 Gold

Fireburst Trap
20 Posts
300 Gold

Freeze Trap
7 Posts
105 Gold

Gas Trap
4 Posts
60 Gold

Guard Post
2 Posts
30 Gold

Lightning Trap
9 Posts
135 Gold

Sentry Trap
4 Posts
60 Gold

Spike Trap
8 Posts
120 Gold

Trigger Trap
4 Posts
60 Gold

Door Name:
Time Required:
Payment for Completion:

Barricade
5 Posts
75 Gold

Braced Door
6 Posts
90 Gold

Magic Door
16 Posts
240 Gold

Secret Door
18 Posts
270 Gold

Steel Door
10 Posts
150 Gold

Wooden Door
3 Posts
45 Gold

Also, if we're letting my Troll's judging that it would take him 30 minutes to complete a Steel Door stand, it would either mean that 1 post is about 3 minutes, or he's bad at judging time.

Metal Gear Rex
December 24th, 2012, 11:44
Also, if we're letting my Troll's judging that it would take him 30 minutes to complete a Steel Door stand, it would either mean that 1 post is about 3 minutes, or he's bad at judging time.

The latter. Being in a dungeon, I imagine most creatures having a horrible sense of time, if any sense at all.

Searingflame2
December 25th, 2012, 01:48
I don't even. 20 posts can be over a month's worth, even at times we might call 'high activity'.

Metal Gear Rex
December 25th, 2012, 02:35
I don't even. 20 posts can be over a month's worth, even at times we might call 'high activity'.

Perhaps it may potentially be a lot in real time, but it isn't too much in dungeon time. As in, during those 20 posts, not much is going to happen in the overall dungeon. It won't take too much of the creature's time.

If I allowed such an easy time building Traps and Doors, easy enough to satisfy you, then we'll end up with a massive army of Traps capable of taking down enemies on their own. It won't take long to fill the whole dungeon with Traps and Doors, even one of Tesonu's size, and then there will be nothing to build. And additionally, being as it technically costs nothing to build a Trap/Door unless Che creature charges the Keeper for it, higher powered Traps/Doors will appear much more frequently because they're so easy to build. It'll practically remove any threat from enemy invasions, and be annoying as hell if we also apply it to enemy Keepers.

12 Posts is easy for the strongest Trap of its kind. 6 posts is ridiculous. Honestly, I'm the one who should be questioning you about your standards.

Searingflame2
December 25th, 2012, 02:57
And yet I'm the one that pointed out that Northland has created traps far too fast nearly a year ago. I had Admortis create like 3 barricades in a post (with speed, mind you) and you commented that he was a lazy bastard! We need a middle ground, fo shizzle. But I digress... for so long as activity holds mine argument is redundant. When it drops, then I'll have a point to make.

Metal Gear Rex
December 25th, 2012, 03:20
And yet I'm the one that pointed out that Northland has created traps far too fast nearly a year ago.

Irony, I guess? Either way, that doesn't change the situation here, in that your definition of fast and slow manufacturing appears too drastically different for, at the very least, what I'll be accepting.

I had Admortis create like 3 barricades in a post (with speed, mind you) and you commented that he was a lazy bastard! We need a middle ground, fo shizzle.

If this was after one of your periods of inactivity, then I'm guessing it was meant to be work he did throughout that entire period of time you weren't here. In such case, it does sound "lazy" because he only created 3 Barricades with Speed, and Barricades are pretty easy to manufacture.

But I digress... for so long as activity holds mine argument is redundant. When it drops, then I'll have a point to make.

In a realm like Faircoast or Northland, not even then will you have a point to make. Perhaps the illusion of one, but it will not be good enough to convince me. We count posts, rather than real time, for a reason. It is not because we are basing things off of real time, but because we're trying to base it off of dungeon time as best we can. Only in a realm like Frozengard, or perhaps like RCI currently, when there are fewer posts due to a lack of creatures will values such as the one I provided be arguably too high.

Dungeon time flows with cycles of creature posts. With fewer creatures, it takes less posts to complete each cycle. Therefore, with less creatures, dungeon time will appear to move faster, and thus it would require less posts to perform the same task.

Searingflame2
December 25th, 2012, 06:01
Well...

We need to up-play traps then. To date the only useful thing I can think of a trap (not door) doing is knocking down Electra in RCI. Everywhere else they've either been redundant or done as much damage to allies (rebounded) as to enemies.

Exception of barricades. We're up-playing them a million fold. They've delayed enemies for so long, we're effectively getting 'two free posts' per barricade.

MeinCookie
December 25th, 2012, 06:21
Perhaps if people did the RPing for traps that they personally created.

Searingflame2
December 25th, 2012, 06:23
But then Grot would be no so special =(

MeinCookie
December 25th, 2012, 06:42
How so?

Metal Gear Rex
December 25th, 2012, 06:51
Well...

We need to up-play traps then. To date the only useful thing I can think of a trap (not door) doing is knocking down Electra in RCI. Everywhere else they've either been redundant or done as much damage to allies (rebounded) as to enemies.

That is correct, in a sense. What needs to be done first off is to give a more accurate description the the abilities of each Trap. One other problem is that Traps, unlike Creatures, don't have levels and it's rather difficult to tell how much a Trap should really do. On average, I assume a Sentry Trap to perform 3-6% damage depending on the creature. Not a lot, but it is meant to be support, not the main damage dealer itself. Plus, it accumulates overtime, especially with multiple Sentries.

Additionally, Traps aren't really taken into consideration much. Part of them being downplayed is an illusion born from the fact that, because RPers don't regularly take them in consideration, the Traps end up remaining in the background like they're not there. When RPers don't take the Traps in consideration, they find some other way to overcome enemies on their own. Therefore, it makes it look like the Trap was never needed in the first place. Part of the issue here is because Traps have a recharge time, and there's no universal method to define this, so it makes it more difficult for RPers to use them. I have an idea on how to solve this, however, and I shall run another experiment next Northland battle.

I can think of two incidents in which case Traps truly made a difference because they were properly taken into consideration. The first is what you mentioned with Electra. The second is what Cookie did with Dregs/Balina when he used the Freeze Trap. Though admittedly, that was originally my idea that I suggested to him. (Or at least, I recall it to be. I may be incorrect there)

Exception of barricades. We're up-playing them a million fold. They've delayed enemies for so long, we're effectively getting 'two free posts' per barricade.

As for Barricades, that's a different issue. It's very difficult to say whether it's actually taking a lot of dungeon time to destroy a Barricade or if it's simply taking a lot of posts. There is a difference between the two. As I said earlier, with more creatures, it requires more posts to complete each cycle of dungeon time. In that Northland battle especially, there were a lot of participants. If each Crystice/Emmra post I made started a new cycle, then the cycles were 13 posts, 10 posts, and 10 posts long. That is a lot of posts for a single cycle.

It isn't so much that time is passing by with each post, more so that each post shows a different creature trying to keep up with time already passed. In the Northland battle especially, things are more complex than just that. There's four Barricades and five creatures attacking them for the most part. Not to mention, one of them (Noro) gets screwed over a lot and doesn't deal as much damage. Plus, three of the five have ranged attacks and are multitasking to harass support fighters. When you take everything in consideration, it is a wonder if it truly did take a long time to take down each Barricade.

Perhaps if people did the RPing for traps that they personally created.

And what if they aren't even there? I think that will only complicate matters and also roughen up the flow of RPing in general. From what I can see, it doesn't really solve the issue either.

Searingflame2
December 25th, 2012, 06:52
If people roleplayed their created traps, there would be pressure to make the traps unique in some kind of fashion beyond just their function. Unique traps are Grot's territory, aren't they?

And if traps weren't made unique beyond their function, then I think the RP aspect would be too superficial, and so there would be no point.

EDIT

During a battle scenario, posts are worth a lot more, largely because coordinated NPC efforts are only done by yourself/the DM of a particular realm. It is therefore particularly important that the NPCs are doing new things at least once per cycle, if not 3-4 times (for the most part this is done, aye). An NPCs entire cycle being taken up by barricades would be, for lack of a need of a better term, lamers.

Barricades, in my view, aren't meant to stand up in a fight. I imagine any creature level 6 or higher ought to be destroying one in a single post and then still have time enough to take a swing at the somebody(s) behind it. There might be a conflict on views here, but I'm basing this based on ancient warfare where stuff like wooden stakes would take less than 10 seconds each to remove, but those were <10 seconds you sure as shit didn't have with arrows raining on your face.

Metal Gear Rex
December 28th, 2012, 10:36
I actually didn't see this edit.

During a battle scenario, posts are worth a lot more, largely because coordinated NPC efforts are only done by yourself/the DM of a particular realm. It is therefore particularly important that the NPCs are doing new things at least once per cycle, if not 3-4 times (for the most part this is done, aye). An NPCs entire cycle being taken up by barricades would be, for lack of a need of a better term, lamers.

Barricades, in my view, aren't meant to stand up in a fight. I imagine any creature level 6 or higher ought to be destroying one in a single post and then still have time enough to take a swing at the somebody(s) behind it. There might be a conflict on views here, but I'm basing this based on ancient warfare where stuff like wooden stakes would take less than 10 seconds each to remove, but those were <10 seconds you sure as shit didn't have with arrows raining on your face.

I'm pretty much going to repeat the argument that they weren't attacking the Barricades full time. The majority of the creatures attacking the Barricades were also focused on attacking the support since they had ranged abilities. They also had to dodge enemy support, or try to. It really reduced the amount of damage they dealt to the Barricades.

nijuni_kuro
February 18th, 2013, 20:00
I don't know why, but the forum says the HTML is off, so my last Faircoast post now looks like a bland wall of text. :S Anyone has any idea what's going on?

On another note, it's obvious I'm barely active anymore. I'm reluctant to leave completely (especially since I have the longest-dwelling RP creature that still shows signs of life XD ), but I'm thinking of "retiring" Xerina. I was thinking of having Animus' Heal spell fail to remove her disfigurement, prompting her to leave to the Overworld to seek her cure. I'd explain it by stating that the Heal spell only accelerates natural regeneration and can't remove old scars or heal old disfigurements. At least that way she won't get hit on anymore. Seriously, are you guys aware that she's a 16-years-old elf? :P

Metal Gear Rex
February 18th, 2013, 20:07
I don't know why, but the forum says the HTML is off, so my last Faircoast post now looks like a bland wall of text. :S Anyone has any idea what's going on?

dotted's been drinking. Forum's messed up. Still hasn't been fixed.

At least that way she won't get hit on anymore. Seriously, are you guys aware that she's a 16-years-old elf? :P

I am. Ribs isn't. And I don't think he'd care either.

Edit:
Also, I was thinking of putting your Ribs sketch up in the title for my posts, if you don't mind.

nijuni_kuro
February 18th, 2013, 20:15
Sure, go ahead. I'm glad you like it. :)

Actually, I can kinda understand Ribs' actions. He's a bit nutty. But there was that orc in the Crystalbarrow Catacombs before that. Before her disfigurement.

Metal Gear Rex
February 18th, 2013, 20:22
Actually, I can kinda understand Ribs' actions. He's a bit nutty.

Well one other thing to note is that she's wrapped in bandages right now, so I doubt anyone can easily tell her age. Though I'm also trying to show off how becoming a Skeleton has effected Ribs, or I guess Alez as he was before, making him appear even weirder than before.

But there was that orc in the Crystalbarrow Catacombs before that. Before her disfigurement.

Which one? I think I vaguely remember which you're referring to, but it's hard to tell, since there were so many people who just came and went around that time. The name Fell_Martyr comes to mind, actually, but I don't know if that relates to the Orc, the RPer him/herself, or something else entirely. And hell, I might even have the name mixed up.

Also, on another note, I think back then most people probably never cared to look at the profile, so they may have never known.

NerdyTB
February 18th, 2013, 20:55
On another note, it's obvious I'm barely active anymore. I'm reluctant to leave completely (especially since I have the longest-dwelling RP creature that still shows signs of life XD ), but I'm thinking of "retiring" Xerina. I was thinking of having Animus' Heal spell fail to remove her disfigurement, prompting her to leave to the Overworld to seek her cure. I'd explain it by stating that the Heal spell only accelerates natural regeneration and can't remove old scars or heal old disfigurements. At least that way she won't get hit on anymore. Seriously, are you guys aware that she's a 16-years-old elf? :P

Yegzil wasn't hitting on her, just offering assistance to someone in need. He's good-hearted by nature.

MeinCookie
February 19th, 2013, 00:02
I very much doubt that in a quasi-medieval dungeon filled with evil-aligned minions of an evil Keeper who plans to, at the very least, overthrow his realm... would care very much about our modern conceptions of... well... age of adulthood. I'm fairly sure that for the bulk of human history, sixteen-year-olds were classified as adults.

Dark_Omega MK2
April 11th, 2013, 10:26
Hello, i see many creatures leaving the dungeon, does this mean that Faircoast as well as the obvious inactivity... What will happen to Faircoast?

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2013, 10:32
Hello, i see many creatures leaving the dungeon, does this mean that Faircoast as well as the obvious inactivity... What will happen to Faircoast?

Faircoast will essentially go into Frozengard mode, where it's unofficially closed due to the lack of a properly active Keeper. That doesn't mean I'll officially/forever close it, however. There just isn't enough activity to support 3 realms. Northland and RCI will be the current focus, or I guess Northland and eventually RCI whenever MeinCookie is ready.

Mothrayas
October 7th, 2013, 22:20
Okay, the realm is officially alive again.

Important note: No (new) creatures are accepted or allowed to enter the realm until further notice.

Searingflame2
October 8th, 2013, 00:28
Fightin' dwarves near lava.

I'm going to enjoy this.

nijuni_kuro
October 12th, 2013, 12:32
I wait 8 months for a Keeper post only to get both of my creatures thrown out of the realm the second he gets back as being "inactive"? ;_;

That was uncalled for. *sigh* Guess I'll stay away from the RP and focus on the rl stuff (and Megaten), then.

[EDIT] Just realized I forgot to tell MGR I was "slow" and not "inactive" a month ago. Dammit. >.>

Metal Gear Rex
October 12th, 2013, 12:39
[EDIT] Just realized I forgot to tell MGR I was "slow" and not "inactive" a month ago. Dammit. >.>

You were on a month ago? I didn't see you. You want me to re-add you?

Mothrayas
October 12th, 2013, 12:42
Your last post date was 7 months ago and your last sign of activity was back in July. There was also no other established form of contact by which I could even measure a chance of you popping back within any useful timespan. Excuse me, but I've dropped out people for much less than that.

Searingflame2
October 12th, 2013, 13:00
I wait 8 months for a Keeper post only to get both of my creatures thrown out of the realm the second he gets back as being "inactive"? ;_;

That was uncalled for. *sigh* Guess I'll stay away from the RP and focus on the rl stuff (and Megaten), then.

[EDIT] Just realized I forgot to tell MGR I was "slow" and not "inactive" a month ago. Dammit. >.>|

Nooooooooo, don't let a little bit of miscommunication steer you away. I love you, and even if these bastards aren't exactly elegant in their phrasing, they love you too.

Metal Gear Rex
October 12th, 2013, 13:05
|

Nooooooooo, don't let a little bit of miscommunication steer you away. I love you, and even if these bastards aren't exactly elegant in their phrasing, they love you too.

Don't mind him. He's just a stray that wandered into the forum. I'll shoo him away.

*gets a broom*

nijuni_kuro
October 14th, 2013, 20:03
I know, I messed up. It's completely my fault, so I have no right to complain. I was just browsing the forums from time to time without logging-in and completely forgot to contact you guys and give you a heads-up on my situation. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully understand your actions.

To be honest, I think it's better this way. I'd probably just slow you guys down anyway, as I am now. I've been in "slow to post" status for years, and my position haven't changed. So, have fun, guys. I'll stay away from the RP and just pop up with some sketches every now and then.

P.S.: Sorry for the late reply. My 'net ran out while I was writing the reply 2 days ago and my ISP only works on weekdays. O.o

Mothrayas
March 7th, 2014, 22:35
Important note: No (new) creatures are accepted or allowed to enter the realm until further notice.

This restriction is now undone.