PDA

View Full Version : Armour, Defence, Dexterity ?????

Endrix
April 24th, 2012, 19:15
can someone describe statistics such as armor, defense, dexterity work with?

1. Armour like, against what? how much? for example

2. Defence? in the description is to dodge away from ranged attacks? but i don´t see it in the game?

3. Dexterity: no idea. what is good when it is like 60? what make the creatur?

4. in german game description, defence and dexterity are change, i think. the stats for dexterity is like to dodge away from ranged attacks. and the defence stats are like fulfill tasks and is ability.

please be as specific and detailed as possible

DragonsLover
April 25th, 2012, 01:54
It has already been explained before and we even told you how these work I think.

1. Armour
The armour is what makes the creature more or less resistant to attacks. Higher is the armour, more resistant is the creature. Simply, the creature will receive less damage with a high armour than a low armour.

2. Defence
Don't trust the manual, nor the description in the game. Defence is the percentage of avoidance of a melee hit. Higher is the defence, less often the creature is gonna be hit by melee attacks.

3. Dexterity
The dexterity is the opposite of Defence: it's the percentage of chance of hitting an enemy creature in melee. Higher is the dexterity, the more chance the creature is gonna hit an enemy creature by melee attacks.

Wanna them more detailed?

Metal Gear Rex
April 25th, 2012, 02:13
I have the information on Armor Damage Absorption Percentages written in my signature, and I presume that Luck also uses similar values.

1 Armor = 0.390625% Damage Absorption
5 Armor = 1.953125% Damage Absorption

Mothrayas
April 25th, 2012, 06:39
and I presume that Luck also uses similar values.

Luck uses a percentage (I believe I told you this on Skype once). So 1 luck = 1% chance, 5 luck = 5% chance, etc.

Metal Gear Rex
April 25th, 2012, 07:18
Luck uses a percentage (I believe I told you this on Skype once). So 1 luck = 1% chance, 5 luck = 5% chance, etc.

Really? I don't recall that, actually. Hm, interesting. I will have to test this. According to the DK1 Guide, it seemed to use the same formula for damage absorption. Though I suppose it isn't correct about everything, even if it was correct about the armor values.

EDIT:
Nope. Doesn't seem to be correct. I tested with 100 Luck and the double damage effects seem to be pretty inconsistent. So it isn't 100% chance nor is it maxed out at 80% or anything like that.

Mothrayas
April 25th, 2012, 07:46
Nope. Doesn't seem to be correct. I tested with 100 Luck and the double damage effects seem to be pretty inconsistent. So it isn't 100% chance nor is it maxed out at 80% or anything like that.

Hmm, I'll look further into it sometime.

Endrix
May 1st, 2012, 12:47
also:

damage: strenght, dexterity

defence: health, armour, defence

damage and defence: luck

????

and melee on armour, dexterity and defence???

Mothrayas
May 1st, 2012, 12:50
also:

damage: strenght, dexterity

defence: health, armour, defence

damage and defence: luck

????

and melee on armour, dexterity and defence???

What are you trying to say? I can literally make zero sense out of what you're trying to say and/or ask.

Endrix
May 1st, 2012, 13:29
the difference between melle :melee: and ranged :arrow: :fireball: :lightning: bye armour, defence, dexterity. have ranged a effect bye armour, defence, dexterity

DragonsLover
May 8th, 2012, 05:22
Endrix, seriously, you must do an effort to explain much better than that.

I know that Defence and Dexterity are only ---JUST ONLY--- for melee attacks. As for Armour, I'm not totally sure.

Metal Gear Rex
May 8th, 2012, 05:38
Endrix, seriously, you must do an effort to explain much better than that.

I know that Defence and Dexterity are only ---JUST ONLY--- for melee attacks. As for Armour, I'm not totally sure.

Spells are effected by a Unit's Armor. Luck also seems to effect them.

Enker-Zan
May 9th, 2012, 05:16
the difference between melle :melee: and ranged :arrow: :fireball: :lightning: bye armour, defence, dexterity. have ranged a effect bye armour, defence, dexterity

AFAIK, there are no differences between melee and ranged versus Armor, Defense, and Dexterity.