PDA

View Full Version : DK 2 Editor Map making help

bloodprince82
May 13th, 2012, 00:38
I've been using the editor to make some maps as of late and when making a single player map and having someone hold the portal gem and trying to script it right so that horny comes to collect teh gem after teh person's death, it won't work right. I used the manual from http://keeper.lubie.org/dk2_docs/dk2_editor_manual.htm#manual_walkth02samplmap and did the scripting exactly how it says by attaching the gem and making the LOTL the objective and then flaging when he's dead and then putting the flag on my keeper thing. When i do that though the game automatically ends with horny coming to get the gem immediately after the game starts. Anyone that can help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

Hapuga
May 13th, 2012, 01:27
I've been using the editor to make some maps as of late and when making a single player map and having someone hold the portal gem and trying to script it right so that horny comes to collect teh gem after teh person's death, it won't work right. I used the manual from http://keeper.lubie.org/dk2_docs/dk2_editor_manual.htm#manual_walkth02samplmap and did the scripting exactly how it says by attaching the gem and making the LOTL the objective and then flaging when he's dead and then putting the flag on my keeper thing. When i do that though the game automatically ends with horny coming to get the gem immediately after the game starts. Anyone that can help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

If the game autoends, it means that your condition logic is wrong.

bloodprince82
May 13th, 2012, 02:04
If the game autoends, it means that your condition logic is wrong.

Like how so? I don't know what you mean =/

Hapuga
May 13th, 2012, 07:16
Like how so? I don't know what you mean =/

There are 2 situations why the preset condition may trigger prematurely.

1. You made a mistake in the trigger condition.
2. The game has a bug, and the trigger is not working properly.

Knowing the editor pretty well, I will make a prediction and say that you have a problem wit the condition.

Go to the trigger that has the action "make horny appear and take the gem". Make sure that you condition is correct. Something like "all enemy players dead" or "time = x" or whatever your map condition for "WIN"is.
If you are still struggling, zip (or rar) the map and attach it to the forum. I will take a look.

bloodprince82
May 13th, 2012, 18:56
There are 2 situations why the preset condition may trigger prematurely.

1. You made a mistake in the trigger condition.
2. The game has a bug, and the trigger is not working properly.

Knowing the editor pretty well, I will make a prediction and say that you have a problem wit the condition.

Go to the trigger that has the action "make horny appear and take the gem". Make sure that you condition is correct. Something like "all enemy players dead" or "time = x" or whatever your map condition for "WIN"is.
If you are still struggling, zip (or rar) the map and attach it to the forum. I will take a look.

I got it now thanks for your help

bloodprince82
May 28th, 2012, 00:53
I got it now thanks for your help

Hi I was wrong i didn't get it yet and have no idea what to do, And says i can't email you. Would you still be willing to help out?

Hapuga
May 28th, 2012, 02:25
Hi I was wrong i didn't get it yet and have no idea what to do, And says i can't email you. Would you still be willing to help out?

Yes, attach the zipped map to the thread.

bloodprince82
May 28th, 2012, 03:40
Yes, attach the zipped map to the thread.

Here it is, and thank you. by the way, when i kill the objective it won't end game, horny won't come to collect the gem, it'lll just show the objective's dead body and the gem, no horny collecting. King Reginald is the objective btw.

bloodprince82
June 4th, 2012, 04:06
have you been able to look at the maps?

Hapuga
June 4th, 2012, 19:06
have you been able to look at the maps?

I'll have a look today or tomorrow

Hapuga
June 5th, 2012, 20:15
Ok, so as far as I know, King is a special creature, and dies instantly. Due to that, it does not have the "is dying" parameter, or it is set to 0. You are checking the "is dying" on a creature that has 0 on that, due to that, the program may think that the condition was met, and exits.

Try altering the King in globals.

Stiekel
September 25th, 2012, 18:38
Ok, so as far as I know, King is a special creature, and dies instantly. Due to that, it does not have the "is dying" parameter, or it is set to 0. You are checking the "is dying" on a creature that has 0 on that, due to that, the program may think that the condition was met, and exits.

Try altering the King in globals.

Do you know a way to make a lord/king not die instantly once slain? Game version 1.7. I would like to drag them to a prison hehe.

Hapuga
September 26th, 2012, 12:39
Do you know a way to make a lord/king not die instantly once slain? Game version 1.7. I would like to drag them to a prison hehe.

There is a tag like dies instantly or something. u cant miss it.

Metal Gear Rex
September 26th, 2012, 13:11
There is a tag like dies instantly or something. u cant miss it.

It only seems to work in the earlier versions of the game. In like 1.61 (maybe even 1.51) and onward, the Lord and King die instantly regardless. Must be hardcoded in the game or something.

Stiekel
September 26th, 2012, 16:11
Yeah thats the problem. The 'die instantly' is turned off but the lord still dies.