PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions: Online/Editor

Driese
June 18th, 2012, 14:04
(intro story thingy.... xD)
Hey,
i and 3 RL friends are fans of Dungeon Keeper since the lot of us were about 6/10 years old.
we all love the game play (hardly care about the crappy graphics).

when i discovered my old dungeon keeper disc(broken...Thank you mom)
all my memory's of the game returned to me, i talked to my friends about it and we were all bragging about how good we were and that we can pwn each other and such xD

(The actual Question!!!!!!!!)
we have downloaded a Dosbox version of Dungeon Keeper 1,(thanks to "Good old Games")
it works perfectly, but now we are wondering if we are able to play it online...
i have found this link : "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6MbC0f2loI"
it's pretty much straight forward, but i was wondering if this even works for Dosbox thingy from good old games.
(not planning on making accounts/downloading program's for nothing....)
Also i wanted to make some maps for us (also did it for Warcraft 3, when the four of us played that)
i tried using ADiKtEd editor,
but every time i try and save i get : " Error: Cant open for writing when saving ".\levels\[Map_Name].inf"
i already made 4 map templates in Microsoft Excel (based on the ADiKtEd editor)
(witch are rather good maps if you ask me, (2 x 4 player 1 x 3 player 1 x 2 player) i have spent a lot of time already making the templates only and i would love to actually play them against my victims...i mean friends:horny:)

DragonsLover
June 19th, 2012, 04:45
Hello and welcome!

For playing Dungeon Keeper online using Dosbox, I remember a program that can do that job. It's called Yang (http://yang-online.com/) and is compatible with Dosbox.
You can also try playing KeeperFX online with its integrated TCP/IP protocol.
However, be warned that playing the game online can be VERY slow. If you try the KeeperFX way, you may also get sync errors.

For the level editor, you can try the official one which is highly recommended.

Driese
June 22nd, 2012, 20:14
well i have downloaded Keeper fX 4.0
but for some reason it won't instal on my dungeon keeper gold, keeps saying:
"The folder you've selected dosn't seem to contain files needed by KeeperFX.
Please select the proper folder, or try with another release or Dungeon Keeper."

Driese
June 22nd, 2012, 20:25
o i got dungeon Keeper FX working now...
it seems cursing helps...not that weird if you look @ the game xD
now i have to find the find a way to get the bloody edditor to work ;p