PDA

View Full Version : HellO! I am new :)

Keeper_Infernal
June 19th, 2012, 19:24
Hello everyone!

I a new to Dk1 map making,ive download the Adikted map editor,and well.. i have a few questions:

1:how do i save a map,and with a spacific name. (and were would it apear in the game? free play levels? campains? i use DKfx)

2:how do i altar the keeper propeties,like creature pool,avalabile spells,traps,room,each...

MaxHayman
June 19th, 2012, 22:08
Hello everyone!

I a new to Dk1 map making,ive download the Adikted map editor,and well.. i have a few questions:

1:how do i save a map,and with a spacific name. (and were would it apear in the game? free play levels? campains? i use DKfx)

2:how do i altar the keeper propeties,like creature pool,avalabile spells,traps,room,each...

i can answer part of the first one...to save a map push crtl+s in adikted and select what you want it to be called....you have the options of mapXXXX

Keeper_Infernal
June 20th, 2012, 09:24
Ty!, anyone els? allready dying to make a map...

DragonsLover
June 21st, 2012, 02:59
Err... no you're not new, since it's been over 450 posts you already did on the forum.

For saving under Adikted, Ballwinkile already answered. If you want to give it a name, modify the .LIF file that comes along with the files of the level. As for where you want it to be, well, it's up to you. You can create a campaign and insert it, or you can use it as a free-play level.

For altering the level script, just modify the .TXT file of your level. Read the manual (http://keeper.lubie.org/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm).

Keeper_Infernal
June 21st, 2012, 07:52
Ty for answering,and I meant that i am new in this section.. (my bad)

I got preaty much more awere of the scripting thing,at least in a basic level,but now i have a serios problem with the AI.

HE IS TOO GREADY..

he buidls only 1 hatchery and like 4 treasure rooms and never even thinking of building a lair he only digs for gold.. (he is like,OH MY those creatures,i build a lair for them who also costs gold for me just so they can enter my dungeon and eat MORE gold every pay day?! HELL NO lets justs scrap the whole idea of bein a keeper and simply dig for gold for the rest of my life!! and close myself with reinforced walls for enternity so keeper_infernal wont burm me alive!! MUHAHAHHA...)

As you can see i am really pissed off from this since i allready tryed to put on different AI`s (i even put 6,the generally aggresive and yet no result)

Pleas help me dragon! :(

DragonsLover
June 22nd, 2012, 06:49
Which version of KeeperFX are you using? Do you have the latest version with the latest nighty build applied?

Keeper_Infernal
June 22nd, 2012, 07:26
I have 0.39,your saying that I shold download a more updated version?

DragonsLover
June 23rd, 2012, 23:28
Yes, try using the 0.40 with the latest nighty build offered on KeeperFX (http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx.php) website.

Keeper_Infernal
June 24th, 2012, 08:52
Dragon,i dont have the files from the original CD.. help? :(

DragonsLover
June 28th, 2012, 05:29
Then get the original CD. If you search a bit, you should get an image disc of the game not so far.

Keeper_Infernal
July 1st, 2012, 09:34
I readed somewere here that with deamon tools you can open the game and if the manu apears then it means you did it,and you simply need to instal the KeeperFx inside the the virtual hard disk were the original dk is,the problem now is that the damm thing doesnt let me put the keeperfx inside the The hard disk,it says there isnt enough space,what to do now? :(

DragonsLover
July 1st, 2012, 15:25
Err... what?

Daemon Tools is a virtual CD-ROM drive. All it does is reading image disc files like if it was a regular CD-Rom drive. With it, you must "mount" an image disc of the Dungeon Keeper CD. I don't understand what you mean with your virtual hard disk because you actually don't need one. Just put the game on your REAL hard disk. To do so, use the launcher provided with KeeperFX and install the game that way by specifying to the launcher to get the files from your virtual CD. The folder the launcher needs is "Keeper" so, go get the "Keeper" folder on the virtual CD, validate and heeeyyyy, you're doooooooone!

Keeper_Infernal
July 3rd, 2012, 12:08
Whaaa i confused it with dk2 i have dk2 original not 1... AAA ><

pleas dont tell to look for it,just give me a link,or an upload Pleas! (for the original DK)

DragonsLover
July 3rd, 2012, 15:29
*Sigh* You really cannot perform a search by yourself? Also, don't tell me you tried to use KeeperFX with Dungeon Keeper 2?

Here (http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=79&func=fileinfo&id=110) is the image disc. Just click on the "Télécharger" icon to get it.