PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Tabletop

Rephath
July 11th, 2012, 07:17
So, I'm thinking of creating a tabletop version of Dungeon Keeper. Half roleplaying game (the kind with dice) and half trading card game, you build and expand your dungeon, recruit creatures, interact with other player Keepers and defeat (or ally with) NPC factions. You can be evil or good (http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/224921.html), or any other morality, and you can create your own custom monsters. It can function as a wargame, where all the PC's fight each other, but I'm planning on cooperation being the norm, with a bit of backstabbing or racing to complete objectives happening.

I've got most of the rules in my head, and am working on writing them down. I'll link to drafts as I get this project going, if there's enough interest. I might either do it via instant messenger or on some sort of wiki or google doc or something, where people take one turn every 24 hours. (A turn allows you to move every single creature you possess, so it can last awhile).

I can probably add options for people to play as individual monsters if they want (high level ones, comparable to a horned reaper) and work for keepers or go on their own.

So the question is who thinks this sounds like a cool idea, and they think I should finish my first draft of the rules so they can see more?

Rephath
July 11th, 2012, 19:57
And if you're not interested, I'm interested in hearing why for feedback.

Dungeon crafter
March 8th, 2014, 23:37
I made this account because I read this article and I wish to be able to speak
with you in person some time. I want to help you make a tabletop version of Dungeon Keeper. If you want me to help you or test the game you can reach me on skype.

Mothrayas
March 8th, 2014, 23:51
I made this account because I read this article and I wish to be able to sleek with you in person some time. I want to help you make a tabletop version of Dungeon Keeper. If you want me to help you or test the game you can reach me on skype.

Note that this thread is nearly two years old, and Rephath hasn't signed in the forums for nearly a full year. I doubt he's still actively doing anything with this.